Can you heal?

Can you heal?

All he could hear was people crying and screaming, also sirens from ambulances and police-officers. He tried to open his eyes but something sticky held them close. He called out for Junho, his twin brother, as he brought his hands up to wipe away the sticky mess.

"Junho-yah, what happened?" he called out, "Yah, Junho?!"

He was finally able to open his eyes, and was met by the sight of his own bloody hands held out in front of him. He moved them up to touch his forehead, feeling the deep cut right over his left eyebrow. He hissed as the pain hit him, his hands were shaking and he heard a painful scream beside him. He looked to his side horrified, as the scene before him took over, realization washing over him.

They had been on the way home from the championship - they had won the gold medal. They had finally achieved the thing they all had dreamed of and they had been celebrating and singing out loudly in the bus. Suddenly loud crashing sounds could be heard and the bus had hit the break forcefully, causing everyone to launch forward. Loud sounds of tires shrieking, and the bus had turned roughly - then it had all turned black.

He looked around and noticed that the bus was lying on the side, and in front of him he saw his friends shaking and screaming at those who lied lifeless in front of them. Their luggage was shattered everywhere along with glass from the broken windows.

"Junsu!! Are you ok?" Someone was shaking him from the side. ", you're bleeding pretty badly."

It was Hyukjae, his best friend since childhood, and he was holding onto his bleeding arm.

"Come on, we have to get out from here," Hyukjae said and grabbed his hand.

Junsu didn't move, "How's everyone? Where's Junho?"

Hyukjae looked around, "I don't know, I haven't seen him."

Junsu felt the panic build up and Hyukjae helped him to stand up, "I have to find him..."

They started climbing the seats to get more up front, since Junho had been seated maybe three or four seats in front of him. Junsu screamed his brother's name endlessly, making it loud enough to pierce through the screaming of his other teammates.

"Junsu!" He heard his name be called four seats in front of him, "Junho's here!"

Junsu hurriedly climbed over and his friends made way for him to get to his brother.

"JUNHO?!" he cried out as he saw him.

Pieces of glass from the broken window had pierced his skin in various places all over his upper body. His tank top who used to be white was now all red, dripping with blood from the deep cuts.

"JUNHO, oh my god... Junho?! Can you hear me?!" Junsu touched his brother's face with shaking hands, ", , ... HELP!! Somebody help!"

He took his brother's hand and squeezed it tightly, he was still breathing. "Please Junho, open your eyes."

Junsu touched Junho's cheek and he noticed the other’s eyes moving, trying to open them. Junsu felt his hand being squeezed back as Junho managed to open his eyes, just slightly.

"Junho..." Junsu's tears had started to fall, "Don't worry, they will take you to the hospital soon. You'll be alright, ok? Please, you have to!"

Junho smiled weakly and Junsu smiled back, but Junho shook his head slowly, "B-be strong... Junsu-yah," Junho said weakly, "I love you."

---

The hospital was painfully quiet.

"We're sorry, but your son's life could not be saved. The shattered glass cut deep in many areas, which caused him to loose a lot of blood quickly. Unfortunally we also discovered internal abdominal bleeding caused from the impact that we could not stop. We're very sorry. May your son, and your brother, rest in peace."

The doctor had left and all Junsu could hear was his mother's heartbreaking scream.

---

The funeral had been big; families of his friends and teammates, including his own relatives, had all been there. Except for his brother, three of his other teammates had also died that day and his parents, with theirs, had decided to have a funeral together.

He didn't shed any tears; he was all empty, dried out of everything he had left. He hadn't eaten anything since the day it happened, he had only been in his room or out with his parents, hugging them until he fell asleep.

It later come out that everything had happened because of a drunken driver who had run into the car in front of them, causing both of the cars to twist and block the road for the bus. Other cars had crashed into the two other, and their busdriver had tried to avoid it as well, but the turn was too much for the bus to handle as it fall to the side.

Junsu had decided on that very day to never sit in a car or bus ever again. His team also had swore to never drink any alcohol, ever.

---

He couldn't sleep.

Everytime he closed his eyes he saw scenes from the accident, his dead brother, blood, panic, more death. Nothing was ok anymore, his parents had drowned themselves in work in attempt to not think about or feel any pain. Junsu felt that nothing would be the same anymore - everything had changed.

His brother meant everything to him, they did everything together. They say twins have a special bond, and they really had. They shared the same interests, had the same friends, always practiced both soccer & singing together and were loved by everyone they knew. He loved him more than anyone else.

But now when he was gone, never coming back, Junsu wanted to die too.

He had stopped eating, hoping that the lack of food and sleep would at last make his heart stop beating. To his dismay it took too long time, and he had stared to search around the internet.

A few hours later he'd dug around in their garage, searching for that thick rope he knew his father had there somewhere.

"There!" he exclaimed, tired after at least 15 minutes of searching.

He'd pulled it out and gone up to his room, sitting down in front of his computer again, looking at the picture showing him how to tie the knot the right way.

Just as he was about to take the step out from the chair, his dad had walked in.

---

He was in a state of panic as he swallowed all the pills he could find, locked inside his room. After so many attempts, he finally felt the darkness come and he sank to the ground.

He'd woken up again in the hospital, crying out loudly for not succeeding once again.

"Darling, your father and I have decided to send you to the psychiatric ward,” his mother had said weakly, caressing his cheek, “We want you to get help."

Junsu couldn't look at her, "I don't want any help."

"Son, we don't want to lose you too," his father had said to him, taking his hand, "You have to live."

~

A few days later, his father placed the last bag of his belongings in the backseat of the car beside him and closed the door. The drive to his “new home” would take about two and a half hours, and Junsu had already closed off everything around him with his big earphones playing loud music. He sighed as his parents sat down in the front, starting the engine.

“Things will get better from now on, Junsu dear,” his mother said, turning to look at him, “It will be ok.”

Junsu could only look out through the window, watching the dark clouds moving, slowly blocking away the sun.


------------

A/N: First chapter ㅋㅋㅋ I hope you all like it. This chapter was mostly to get everyone to understand what happened, therefore it's pretty short. The next chapters will be longer. Thx for reading ^-^