Chapter 3

May be Fanservice, but Still Hurt

Jonghyun Pov.

 I woke up this morning with that same sick feeling that I had yesterday. Yesterday... yesterday was a real life nightmare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Finally we are back home!' I thought joyfully as we pulled up into our dorms garage. It was 4:30 in the morining and we have been spending all day doing rehearles. Practicing the same thing over and over again. I sighed I couldn't wait to get into bed.

I stayed back a little bit to let Minho get out of the car to go help the manager with something. Just as I was about to get out I noticed a figure still in the back. Key. He was still sleeping soundly in the back seat. His hair was dishiveled, his lips were slightly parted with light breathing, and light layer of sweat coated his body seemingly making him glow in the moon light.

I couldn't help the smile that graced my lips. My best friend could be so cute some times. Though the smile on my face dimed a bit as I thought about these past few days.

Me and Key..... we just weren't the same as we used to be and I have no idea why. We were so close before. I remember us doing everything together, but now the only person he ever seems to see now-a days is MInho. For some unknown reason he and Minho have been doing everything that we used to do together. It feels like Minho is replacing me as Key's best friend. And I really don't like that.

I don't know what I did to make Key stop talking to me but I really want it to change. I have tried to confront him about it before but every single damn time I try to get near Key, ing Minho appears out of thin freaking air and all of a sudden all of Key's attention is focused souly on Minho. And I know that it would be in vain to try to approch him then.

But then I realized that right now I was alone with Key. Minho was with Manager-Hyung right now so that means that there was no way for him to come and come between me trying to get some quality time with Key.

The smile that was once dimed brightend up once again. This was my chance and I was not about to waste it. Just as I was about to reach over and wake up my best friend, I felt a hand clamp down on my shoulder.

My body tensed up from being surprised by the sudden contact. "Hyung." I squezzed my eyes closed and gritted my teeth. That ing frog and his ing ninja senses. I turned to face the source of my current friend ship stuggles.

"Hyung, you should let me wake up Key-Hyung. Out of all of us, you had the worst parts of the rehearsles, so why don't you just head into the dorm and let me take care of waking up Key-Hyung okay?" with every word that left his mouth I could see that his eyes were getting colder and colder.

There he goes again taking me away from spending time with Key, my best friend.

"Look Minho, thank you for looking out for me but I think I will be able to wake up my best friend so just let me handle it and you can go inside okay?" I narowed my eyes with every word that rolled from my mouth. There was no way that I could pass this up. Who knew when I could get a chance like this again? No, there was no way I was going to let Minho take this away from me when he has already taken away so many others. Yeah, maybe next time .

"Hyung, trust me. I really think you should just go inside and let me take care of it. Plus I think he would be more happy to see me then you right now."

I froze. That had really hit me tough. My body began to slacken and I felt like all life was being drained from me. He was right though. I mean Key has been avoiding me, hasn't been talking to me, wanting to spend time with me during our free days just because we always had such a grand time together. So I guess it did kind of make sense for Minho to be the one to wake up Key and not me.

I pulled my arm back to my side and made my way out of the car and into the dorm. Away from Minho..... and Key. I slipped off my shoes at the front door and made my way to the kitchen. Before anything I needed to get a glass of water refresh myself. I haven't noticed it before but damn I was thirsty.

I sighed as I made my way to the cabniets where the cups where. I guess me not letting Minho get the better of me this time was a fail.

I openend up the cabniet door and I reached up to get a cup.... that seemed to be at the top of Mt. Everst. I tried standing on the tips of my toes, but sadly even that did nothing to help me reach the cup.

"Hehehe do you want some help there Hyung?" a cheery voice sounded from behinde me.

"Eh hehehe that would be nice Taeminnie." I said as I looked  to the ground and shuffled my feet. My cheeks felt like they were on fire.

Taemin let out chuckle as he made his way to me, a smirk plasterd on his face. Then, I don't know how it happened, but some how as I continued to make way for Taemin to come help me, he some how managed to trip ofver my feet and began to fall backwards.

Acting on instinct, I immediately reached out to Taemin, grabbed him by his arms and brought him close to my chest. At least I thought I was pulling him to my chest. His hands hands had reached up and clutched to my shirt as he pulled himself forward as well. I could feel his breath on my lips. Our faces were that close.

So many things seemd to be happening at that moment but the biggest one to me was the fact that Taemins face seemed to be getting even closer to mine and I was doing absolutely nothing to stop him. Then before I knew it I felt Taemins warm lips pressed against my own.

I was frozen in my spot. I couldn't seem to find the strength to push him away. Taemin's eyes were wide, but slowly began to close. His tight grip on my shirt lossend and he seemed to become relaxed. My grip on his arms slacked and began to glide down to his waist. I could feel my own eyes close half way.

Everything felt fine until out of no where a sickening cold sensation coursed throughout my whole body. And to make matters worse my heart seemed to have fallen into its pit.

I immediately pushed Taemin off of me. His eyes were wide with regrete. Good it seems like he thinks that the kiss that just took place was a mistake too.

"I- I- Hyung- I am so sorry Hyung! I- I have no idea why I did that I am s-so so sorry it was a mistake I swe-" I raised my hand to him as a sign for him to hush.

"I know Taemin. Don't worry okay." I reasured him. A look of pure relief passed through his eyes.

We continued to stand there in the kitchen. We looked around the kitchen, looking anywhere but eachother. I don't know how long we stood there for but finally enough was enough and we needed to get to bed.

I cleared my throught a bit before speaking," Well, uhmm this," I motioned between us," this never happend okay? Now lets hurry and go to bed." Taemin only nodded his head and swiftly made his way out of the kitchen and to our and Onew's shared room.

A sigh broke its way out of my body as I ran my fingers through my hair. That cold sickining feeling still hadn't gone away and did not feel like it was going to anytime soon. Maybe a goodnights sleep would make it go away.

With that thought in mind I quickly made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth before I went to bed. As soon as I finished that I was going to make my way into my shared room, but something stopped me. A sniffle and it was coming from Key and Minho's room.

Curiously I quietly made my way to their room. Their door was slightly cracked open and it gave me a clear view of what was going on.

Now like I said before that pain from earlier still hasn't gone away and if I thought that it was bad before, well... now it felt safe to say I was feeling like I was being eaten alive by hell fire.

There on Key's bed was Key himself with his arms wrapped tightly around Minho, his hands seemed to be pulling him as close as possible whlie he burried his head into his neck. Minho had his arms wrapped around Key just as tightly as Key was holding him, and he too had his head burried into Key's neck.

They were so close to each other right now and right now I wanted nothing more than to go in and rip Minho away from Key and beat him senseless. The only thing that was holding me back from actually compling with that wonderful idea is that.... how would I justify my actions?

As much as Minho was pissing me off lately he was still one of my close friends and plus how would I explain why I felt that way. So with the blazing hell fire pain that was coursing through my veins, I backed away form the door and made my way into my room.

Once I was in there and I was done changing my cloths I haistlhy made my way into my bed. As soon as my head rested against the pillow the wieght of all the work I was put through today came crashing down on me. Before I could stop it from happening I out and relinqushied myself to the dark cloud of sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END OF FLASH BACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still don't understand it. Why did that have the strong desier to go and beat the crap out of Minho? I have been trying to come up with some reasonable explinations to justify my feelings, but everything seemed so stupid and didn't make any sense. The stuppidest one of all was me maybe having romantic feelings for Key. Pfftt. Key was my friend and nothing more to me.

Besides, boys just simply don't like boys. Its wrong. Its not nor-. My eyes widdend as a thought dawned on me as to why I was wanted to kill Minho. Why Minho has been taking Key away from me. Always taking the seat right next to him at interviews and variety shows. Why he is always popping up when ever I try to get to Key.

Minho liked Key. More than just a Hyung.

That is why he is always wanting me out of the way. He probably sees me as a threat to him. He wasn't not only trying to take my place as Key's best friend but he is trying to corrupt him completly into something that is not normal. The reason I have been wanting to dispose of him is because my friendly instincs are telling me to protect my friend. And sadly Key is just too kind to see what Minho felt for him.

I know knew what I had to do to get my best friend back. I needed to interfer with Minho's plans on trying to corrupt Key into abnormality. There was no way I was going to let that happen. No, I was going to protect Key.

With that thought in my head I made my way out of the room and into the bathroom as quietly as possible since Taemin and Onew-hyung were still sleeping. Today I will start my quest to protect Key from Minho.... and hopefully then the pain that is coming from my chest will leave too.


Well thats it! I am sooo sorry if there were more grammar errors then usual I updated this at 2:24 in the morning and I am soo tired I promise to edit it later today when I wake up ^^ Please for all that is holy leave a comment so I know that some people care no matter how horrid my writing is. Please also remember that I am still trying to improve my writing as much as possible so please bear with me!!