The Perfect Sweets

The Princes of Jangwae High School

(A/N So I had a request to show a little bit more Hyun Jae (Minho) and Shin Bae (YoSeob), so they will kinda be the main focus of this chapter as far as guys. Enjoy~)

Song of the Chapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gNHi-UCydU

Shin Bae's POV

Today was so tiring... I'm glad I have off and I bet Hyun Jae hyung is thinking the same thing. Poor Jin Hwa hyung and Kang Ho had to go into work today. And because Jin Hwa has the car, hyung and I decided to just shop around the area for a while, waiting for them to get off at 10... five hours from now. We walked around, going to a few shops and looking around. We finally stopped, tired of walking around. We looked around for a place to rest and saw a little cafe. Oh and is that..? OMO! They have cake!!!!! CAKE CAKE CAKE! I grabbed my hyung's arm and looked at him with pleading eyes, pointing to the heavenly place. He looked at the cafe and smiled. "Fine fine, let's go." I screamed in delight. Yummy cake, here I come! We entered the shop and looked around. It was super quaint and simple on the inside and I could see sooooo many different types of cake!

4263285_f520.jpg

Were greeted by a girl with purple hair. "Ahnyeounghaseo! Welcome to Cafe Cloud!" She said cheerily. We both nodded and looked around. All of the workers were wearing cute outfits with aprons. It was kinda cute, and I could feel my face getting warm.

20110314_iu_3.jpg

"Would you guys like to choose your maiden?" We turned to her, confusion on our faces. She just giggled and pointed to a group of pictures trailing in a line on the wall. "O-oh, sure." I said and we both looked at the wall.

Screen-shot-2012-06-08-at-9.51.17-AM.png

"Our Spirited Mi Hae!"  So that's her name, I thought

sistar hyorin 17

"Our Dreamy Kae In"  She was really pretty too! It's going to be so hard to choose!

Singer_G.NA_Choi_Ji-Na_(8).jpg

"Our Playful Soo Bin" So PRETTY!!!

Kim+So+Eun+%25283%2529.jpg

"Our Gentle Ae Soon"

Sweet%2BKorean%2Bsinger%2BIU%2B%2528Lee%

"Our shy Tae Sun"

I looked at the last two girls.. They looked so familiar. "Ae Soon? Tae Sun? Shin, isn't that the Queenkas?!" Hyung asked. I looked again and gasped. IT IS! We both looked at each other and smirked, then turned to Mi Hae. "Do you think we could each get a... maiden? Or would that be too complicated?" I asked, looking at the pretty girl cutely. She just blushed and looked down. "U-um, who did you have in mind?" She stuttered. "I WANT HER!" I said, pointing to Tae Sun. She nodded and looked at Hyun hyung, who smiled. "I would like Ae Soon-ah, please." "Well seeing as it seems that you both know them, and we're not too busy right now... I guess it's fine." "Do you have requests like this often?" Hyung asked. She nodded her head. "But mainly just for private parties and when we're not very busy." She explained, leading us to a table and handing us each a menu. 

Hyun Jae's POV

Looking around the cafe, I saw a few people. Some male, some female. "OHHHHHH! HYUNG! THEY HAVE MONT BLANC CAKE AND FRUIT CREPES!!" "Good afternoon gentlemen, can we get you something to drink?" Two angelic voices rang and we both looked up, only to see their sweet smiles turn into faces of shock. "Tae Sun, how are you feeling?" "I'm fine Shin Bae-shii! How are you?" "Good." "Should you really be working?" I asked. "I didn't want her to, but she said that she was wanting to work." Ae Soon sighed and Tae Sun just nodded. "So what would you like to drink, Oppa?" Ae Soon asked with a smile. "Neh, Shin Bae Oppa, what can I get you you drink?" "OPPA?!" We both basically yelled, causing the girls to blush, then giggle. We recomposed ourselves and looked back at the menu, both blushing a bright red. "I-I'll have a cappuccino, please.." I mumbled. "M-me too.." Shin Bae stuttered. "Would you like us to draw on the top?" Ae Soon asked. We both looked at them, confused. "We can p-put art on the top, w-would you like us to?" Tae Sun explained shyly. We looked at wach other, shrugged and nodded. They both smiled and walked away to get our drinks.

"Wow, I had no idea that they worked here! So cool!" Shin Bae beamed. I just smiled and looked down, confused at the names of the sweets. "Shin Bae, you like sweets, what would you recommend?" I asked. "For hyung? You like raspberries, right?" I nodded. "Raspberry Mille Feuille! It's crispy and a bit flaky but it's also sweet and melts on your tongue." I looked at him, shocked. I had no idea that he was so keen about sweets. "What would you recommend for the others? We can take them something." I asked. "For Kang Ho, I would get the Mont Blanc, it has a chesnut flavor, a taste that he enjoys. For Jin Hwa hyung... the tropical set of petit fours. They each have a distinct taste that will give hyung lots of inspiration for new pieces." I just gawked at him... I never knew that there were such sweets. "Ok, Oppas! Here's your cappuccinos!" The girls came and set our drinks down in front of us. I looked at mine, there was a dragon on it. "WOW! So cool!" I smiled and looked up at Ae Soon, who just started blushing and hiding her face with her tray. "Hyung! Look! Mine has a Panda!!!!" I looked over at his and smiled. "Cute." I said smiling big. "S-so, can we take your orders?" Tae Sun stuttered. "Hyung wants the raspberry mille feuille and I'll take a fruit crepe, please!" Shin Bae smiled at Tae Sun and Ae Soon and they smiled back. "Coming right up!" Ae Soon exclaimed before taking our menus.

cappuccino.11.jpg (hyun's coffee)

panda-3.jpg (Shin's coffee)

I took a sip of my cappuccino, tasting caramel, vanilla, and mint. It doesn't sound like a very good combination, but it was absolutely delicious! We sipped our drinks when I saw Ae Soon taking an order for a couple of elderly women. Behind her, there was a sketchy man, looking her up and down, lust in his eyes. Ae Soon was bent over, helping one of the women decide what on a dessert to choose from the menu. Slowly the man grabs a knife and starts leading it to her skirt. My eyes widen and I jump up from the table and ran to her. I grab her and pull her away right before the man can flip her skirt up with the knife. "H-Hyun Jae, What are you--" I let her go and pick up the man by the collar and look him dead in the eye. "Do you get pleasure from peeking at girl's underwear? You're sick..'' "I-I was just..." He tried to find an excuse, but failed completely. "I don't want to ever see you here again." I glared deep into his eyes and he quickly became pale. I released him and he ran out of the cafe. "What's going on here?" I heard a voice and turned to see who I guessed was the manager, looking displeased. "U-unnie! Don't get mad at him! He just saved me from some creepy man who was trying to look up my skirt." Ae Soon said, still in a tizzy. She came up to me and hugged me. "Kansamnida Hyun Jae!" I just blushed and patted her head gently. "Well... Thank you for helping our dear Ae Soon. We greatly appreciate it." The manager bowed and led Ae Soon to the back. I just went and sat back down to an excited Shin Bae. "Hyung, you just saved Ae Soon! You're a hero!" Almost everyone had seen my "heroic act" and they clapped for me, to which I just nodded my head, uncomfortably.

Tae Sun's POV

I was shocked that there was such a disgusting person in our sweet, little cafe, but I was more shocked that Hyun Jae protected Unnie the way that he did. It was so noble of him. When Unnie got to the back, I ran to her and hugged her, glad that she was alright. "Ae Soon-ah, I think you need to do something for him... What he did was really sweet and brave." Manager Yang said. She nodded just as their sweets came out. "Aigoo! I want a prince to save me too!" Mi Hae whined "Maybe you can give him a kiss on the cheek as thanks." I giggled and she blushed dark red. "A-Aniyo!" She screamed and we all laughed at her flustered face.

Hyun Jae's POV

Shin Bae and I were talking when the girls stepped over to us with our desserts. Everyone's eyes were on us. Ae Soon shakily placed the mille feuille on the table. I looked back up at her, why was she shaking and why is her face so red? "K-k-kansamnida O-oppa." She stuttered before bending down and laying a sweet kiss on my cheek and running back into the kitchen. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in the restaraunt 'awwwwed'. Wow, I had never seen her act like this, almost like Tae Sun. So shy, so..... OMO! SHE JUST KISSED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I brought my fingers up to the spot where her soft gentle lips touched my now warm cheek. Shin Bae just smirked at me and Tae Sun giggled. "Is there anything else I can get you gentlemen?" Tae Sun said smiling. "Can we take home a Mont Blanc cake and a set of the tropical petit fours?" Shin Bae asked casually. Tae Sun just nodded and went to the back. I was frozen in that position, the warmth of her lips lingered on my cheek.

"-ung... hyung... HYUNG!" I snapped back to reality and looked at Shin."Eat, while it's still warm." Shin Told me. I looked down at this tower of raspberries, flaky crust and cream. WOW, it looked too delicious to eat, but I was hungry. I picked up my fork and broke a piece of the dessert off before slipping it in my mouth. As soon as it hit my tongue, my eyes widened. This taste.. Shin was right.. It melted on my tongue and the sensation was exhilerating! I took another bite and my eyes rolled to the back of my head. This taste... This feeling was heavenly. I looked over at Shin Bae's dessert to see what it looked like. It looked delicious. "Hyung, would you like a bite?" I nodded a bit and he cut off a piece, placing it on my plate. I placed it in my mouth and smiled. It was light and sweet, yet not too sweet. It tasted like.... Spring... Refreshing. Shin Bae looked at me and smiled, I smiled back and gave him a piece of my dessert and when he bit into it, his smile grew and he brought his fists up to his cheeks, excited. "MMMMMMMMMM!! So yummy!" I laughed at his expression. We finished up our treats and Tae Sun brought us Jin and Kang's sweets. Ae Soon grabbed our plates without a second glance and Tae Sun stopped to wish us goodbye. "Wait, how much do we owe you?" I asked. She shook her head, "This one's on me, for protecting my unnie!" I was about to reject that idea but she walked away before I could. So with that, we left.

When we got to Rogue, it was 9:30. We waited by Jin's car until they came out for the night. "Was it busy?" I asked Jin. "It was on and off. I think the bar was busier." Jin replied, looking at a worn out Kang Ho, then back at me. "What's that?" He asked, pointing at the colorfully decorated box. "Oh, hyung and I went to this cafe! We got lots of cake! We even brought you guys back some!" Shin said, happily. "And?" I added. "Oh and the Cafe is where Ae Soon and Tae Sun-ah work! Oh and hyung saved Ae Soon and she---" I covered his mouth with my hand. "She what?" Kang Ho asked, skeptically. Shin Bae slipped from my hands. "SHE KISSED HIM ON THE CHEEK!" He yelled. "Aish... This kid." I mumbled. Jin Hwa and Kang Ho looked at me, completely surprised. I sighed, surrendering. "There was some who was trying to look up her skirt, but I grabbed her right before he had the chance." I confessed. " I see... Well, is she alright?" Jin Hwa asked. I nodded. "She's fine, and honestly, the kiss was just out of thanks." I said. They nodded and we all got into the car.

When we got home, we opened the box of goodies and stared at them in awe. They looked so delicious. I'm thankful that Shin Bae got those for them. I would have had no idea. "Mont Blanc?" Kang Ho asked. Shin Bae nodded. "I remember that it's your favorite." Shin Bae smiled. Kang Ho smiled back pulled it out of the box. "Thank you, hyung." He said before cutting off a piece and sticking it into his mouth. He closed his eyes and took a swift, deep breath, savoring the taste. I had never seen that look on his face. Shin just smiled, "Good?" Kang Ho just slightly nodded, not wanting to ruin the moment. I looked at Jin who looked back down at his. "What are they?" "They're called petit four! I know that you've been looking for new inspiration for projects, so I got them for you. Jin smiled and pulled the  plate full of little treats out. Slowly, he cut one in half with his fork and looked at it. It had a pink and white center. "Must be strawberry and vanilla." He said before placing the piece on his tongue. His eyes widened and he gasped. "Lemon and... Raspberry? No Pomegranate? No no....What is this?!" He was completely baffled. Shin grabbed a fork and bit into a little piece. He suddenly fell to his knees. "I"ve tasted this before... It's called dragon fruit. Pink dragon fruit." Kang Ho and I split the remaining of that piece and placed it into our mouths. OMO! The taste, it was sweet and delicious. I felt like I was on a tropical island, surrounded by bright blue ocean, pinkish white sand, and lucious fresh fruits. The taste of the tropics. The feeling surged through my body. Returning back to my kitchen, I looked at Jin who's wide eyes just stared down at the tiny treats. Suddenly, he jumped up, and ran to his room. After much shuffling, he ran back out with a sketch pad and colored pencils. He sat back down and began sketching. I looked at Shin Bae, who was just smiling to himself. This is something that I never knew about him. He matched all of our personalities with desserts. He wasn't even close... He was spot on...

Cake-packing-Cupcake-boxes-wedding-Cake-(the box the treats came in)

2920097315_706889ce8e.jpg (Hyun Jae's Raspberry Mille Feuille)

6a73ec1205416866_m.jpg(Shin Bae's Fruit Crepe)

mont_blanc_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg(Kang Ho's Mont Blanc)

51rKH0%2BVeIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg(Jin Hwa's Petit Four)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my favorite chapter so far... Mainly because I love sweets... And heros. Tell me what you thought :)