Chapter 5: Taking it Slow

Trust Me

CH5: Taking it Slow

 

The vibrant chatter of students was cutting through the chilly morning. Sehun picked on the lapels of his jacket while keeping his eyes peeled at the school gates. He greeted a few classmates, but none whom he really wanted to see first thing in the morning.

 

Where is she? He thought. She usually arrives at around this time.

 

He checked his watch again and patiently waited a bit longer.  Although he appeared to be calm outside, his stomach was doing backflips for the past hour and a half. He was excited for this day because it will be the first "official" day of his courtship with Seul Yeon.

 

He woke up earlier than usual. With a strange rush of adrenaline, he showered and prepared for school at top speed. He actually considered making lunch for him and Seul Yeon, even though it was the girl who usually does this stuff.

 

Does she like scrambled eggs? Is it a bit too much if I design a heart-shaped seeweed wrap?

 

He stared intently at the food in their fridge, trying to decide which food goes best with each other.

 

"Sehun?" His mom appeared at his side, wiping her hands on her floral apron. "Are you all right, honey?"

 

"I'm fine Mom." He said. "What made you say that?"

 

"Well you looked like you were about to attack the cabbage." His mom laughed, ruffling his hair.

 

"Moooooom." He whined, adjusting his hair. He spent 10 minutes styling his hair so that it looked like it was windswept.

 

No homemade lunch for now.

 

He wanted to take small, sure steps first. Knowing her, she might freak out a bit if he asked her to lunch all of a sudden.

 

Just ask if she'd like to grab something to drink later.

 

And with that, he checked his reflection for the nth time that morning (making sure his hair achieved the perfect look) before setting off for school.

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

Seul Yeon could see her breath in front of her as she slightly panted along the road on her bike. She wasn't late yet, thank her lucky stars.

 

She woke up early that morning. But remembering what happened last night, she spent a good half hour in bed just pondering if she was going to school or not.

 

She was...excited? Nervous? Expectant? She couldn't really tell. But somehow, she felt energized all of a sudden.

 

Pushing back a giggle, she got up from her bed and made her way into the bathroom.

 

After a quick shower, she decided to put on some light lipgloss and a little perfume. She smiled all the way through breakfast, then she bade her mother goodbye.

 

"See you later Mum." She kissed her mother's cheek.

 

"Oh I forgot to tell you." Her mom stopped her from fully going out the door. "I'll have an out-of-town meeting this weekend. So your father will have you earlier this month."

 

"Oh. Ok then."

 

She sighed, pushing her bike out the garage door of her mother's house. She still wasn't used to living this way. Her parents weren't living together now. There had been an ugly fight on Seul Yeon's schedule, but it was all smoothened out in the end. Seul Yeon's mom had her during the first 2 weeks of the month, then her father, the last 2 weeks.

 

It was all silly, really, since they still live within one neighborhood. But Seul Yeon learned not to argue because it'll result in an even bigger mess. At least she still get to see both her parents. That was enough for her.

 

Her mood lifted up entirely as she saw her school's gates from a near distance.

 

This is it. She thought, taking a deep breath before pedalling closer. This is the first day of a new life, Yeonnie. Don't screw it up.

 

____________________________________________

 

Sehun stared at the school clock hanging on top of the blackboard of their classroom. The mindless chatter of his classmates didn't affect him because he was lost in his own thoughts.

 

Why isn't she here yet? It's almost time for 1st period. He inwardly cringed. Has she...changed her mind? Oh God. Is she angry with me now?! Will she-

 

But then his paranoid thoughts were interrupted when Seul Yeon came barging through the door, slightly disheveled but looking more beautiful in his eyes.

 

He let out a relieved breath he didn't realize he was holding.

 

Eun Ji raised an amused eyebrow at him. She and Yoona had been observing the lad's wierd and fidgetty movements. It was funny to watch, really. They had an idea why, but they'll wait for Seul Yeon to tell them the news. They secretly hope it would be good. 

 

"Yeonnie-ah!" Yoona got up from her desk and helped Seul Yeon with her bag. The poor girl was trying to catch her breath. "Are you okay? You were almost late today." She slightly scolded.

 

"Oh. I got held up at home for a while." Seul Yeon replied, taking a seat beside Eun Ji.

 

"Let her catch her breath first." Eun ji chuckled. "Did you run all the way up here?"

 

"Sort of." Seul Yeon grinned sheepishly.

 

It amazed Sehun how Seul Yeon could be so casual with Eun Ji and Yoona, but completely guarded over her other classmates.

 

Well, that's about to change. He thought. I'll help her in any way that I can.

 

"Good morning Seul Yeon." He greeted, giving a smile that he only reserves for her.

 

Seul Yeon jumped in her seat, a little surprised of the sudden greeting. She looked back, and when she saw it was Sehun, she shyly gave him a smile.

 

"Good Morning, Sehun." She replied, a little pink gracing on her cheeks.

 

“Did you sleep well last night?” he asked.

 

Seul Yeon nodded. “Yes. And you?”

 

“Most definitely.” He winked, causing her to flush uncomfortably under his stare.

 

 

Something is REALLY going on between those two.

 

 

The entire classroom began whispering amongst them after unconsciously witnessing the brief exchange.

 

 

“What was that?”

 

“That was definitely a first for Seul Yeon.”

 

“Aaaw. She looks cute, smiling like that.”

 

“Are they dating now??”

 

“He’s stealing my Oppa away from me!”

 

 

Seul Yeon, shifted in her seat, conscious of the chatter around her. Sehun noticed this too, and sent a knowing stare around his classmates. They quieted down immediately, but that didn’t stop their thoughts from wandering on the recent development.

 

Eun Ji and Yoona exchanged knowing glances, smiling at their best friend. She absolutely has to tell them the news.

 

Sehun flashed another smile at her, causing the other girls in the room to swoon. Before they could do anything, their teacher swept into the room, books in her arms.

 

“Settle down, settle down.”

 

The entire class shifted their attention in front, momentarily forgetting the conversation. It will have to wait until break time.

 

 

 

A/N: Read and Comment please! Thank you!