More To Him Than It Looks

More To Him Than It Looks

"Mika, where have you been going these past two weeks?" Risa demanded.

"I'm sorry, I've just been really busy lately," Mika apologized as she sat down in her desk. She smiled to herself remember the date she had with Yamato the night before. He looked pretty rough, but he was actually like a prince charming. He even got her roses yesterday!

"What are you smiling about?" Risa teased.

"Ooh, I know that kind of smile!" Nori added. "Mika has a boyfriend! That's why she's been so busy!"

"Is this true?!" Risa asked excitedly now. "Who is it? What school is he from?" 

"As long as he isn't from Ara High or Akadou," Nori scoffed. "I mean those schools have the worst deliquents ever."

"I know right?" Risa exclaimed. "Especially their leaders Ren and Yamato. I mean those two are like a danger zone."

"That's not true," Mika whispered to herself sadly as her two friends forgot about her somewhere and squealed about the guy Mika might be going out with, but mostly they were talking bad about the people of Akadou.

 

Yamato

 

"I'll see you guys tomorrow okay?" Yamato said without looking at his friends for a reply and headed off somewhere. He checked his watch, making sure he'll be on time for his date with Mika soon. Forgetting everything, Yamato began skipping happily down the street to the library, knowing his friends won't bump into him there.

"Is Yamato skipping?!"  A scared voice whispered loudly. Yamato whipped his head around when he heard his name. Thinking it was just his imagination, he continued waiting for Mika to come.

"Yama-kun!" A sweet and cheery voice called. Yamato smiled brightly hearing her angelic voice again and ran towards her. Trying to be a prince again, he scooped her up into his arms bridal style and twirled her around.

"Is that really Yamato?!?!" Yamato paused as he heard the voices again.

 

Mika

"Yama-kun!" Mika cried happily and the two ran towards each other. He romantically scooped her up and twirled around like a prince would for a princess. She giggled as Yamato did so, but suddenly he stopped. "What's wrong Yama-kun?" Mika pouted as he put her down and scanned the area with a look of confusion on his face.

"I thought I heard something," Yamato answered. "I'm sorry, my princess." He jokingly took her hand and placed a kiss on it. "Now let's get on with our date!"

 

Ren and the guys

"Did he say date?!" Kura exclaimed and tried getting closer to hear. The other guys grinned widely for Yamato and began hitting each other happily as if asking "Did you hear that?!"

 

Mika

The two went to the arcade again where Yamato won her a prize from the game with the hammer. Leave it up to Yamato for being good with his strength. They competed in other games also, with Mika won the ones that required aiming while Yamato defeated her at strength games.

"I'll be right back okay?" Yamato asked. "I'm going to get some drinks for us." Mika smiled at him sweetly again before pecking him on the cheek. After he left, a hand was placed on her shoulder.

"I can't believe you're with Akadou scum," a male's voice taunted. Mika turned to see some guys from one of those elite schools that she forgot the name of.

"He's not scum," Mika defended. "And Akadou's not scum either."

"That guy's a delinquent!" The guy yelled back. "Look at him, he'll never amount to anything in life! He's always fighting and I'm pretty sure his grades are horrible."

"That's not true," Mika retorted. "He's been doing better in school and he doesn't fight unless he has a reason. Yamato can achieve much more than you can."

"Stop kidding yourself! I'm from an elite school! He's from a school that even the left overs of other schools don't want!" The guy insulted again. "He's just  useless delinquent that won't ever change." The guy was then cut off by a slap from Mika.

"It might be true that he's a delinquent," Mika whispered. "But he's not useless and he can change. He's my deliquent and I'm going to help him change. Yamato's a sweet guy and he's not how you think he is. So I suggest you leave now before I get angrier."

"What do you think you're doing with my girl?" Yamato asked angrily as he came back. Mika slipped her hand into his as the guy from the other school cowered behind his two friends.

"N-nothing," he stuttered. "I was just saying hi. Let's go boys." The three of them left the couple alone as Yamato turned to her.

"You won't ever think like that of me would you?" Yamato asked in a scared tone, which surprised more than just Mika and the people following them. Yamato's never been like this before and he's never cared about how a girl cared about him. Maybe he does care for Mika more than he thinks.

"Of course not," Mika reassured. "We're together now right? There's a thing called unconditional love!" She grinned at him, baring her teeth out, making her look cute to him. "You look rough on the outside, but on the inside you're like a secret diamond or something." Mika scratched the back of her head nervously and giggled. "Sorry, I'm not good with sayings. But just know that I know how you really are and that's what I like about you!"

"Thanks Mika," Yamato said as he grinned and kicked the ground. "Well then princess, let's go!"

 

Ren and the guys

 

"Don't you ever mess with our friends again," Ren threatened one last time after they left the three elite guys. They had witnessed the whole thing about Mika standing up for Yamato and were happy that their friend found a girl like that. After the elite guys left the arcade, Ren and the others ambushed them for trying to break Yamato and his girlfriend up. They went back to see Yamato giving Mika a piggyback ride to their next destintion, which was the cafe.

"I never know Yamato could be like this," Kura said wide-eyed as Yamato got shy because of a kiss on the cheek by Mika.

"If I was a girl, I'd want a boyfriend like him," Honjo accidentally said when Yamato handed Mika a flower from a nearby bush. The guys looked at him wwith terror.

"Don't ever say anything like that again," Ichimura stated as the guys nodded. 

"Look!" Kura cried as they watched Yamato ate a cake while Mika fed it to him. Then they groaned as he fed her some cake back. "It's so sweet, I'm going to be sick."

"Hey guys, let's go say hi to them and pretend we coincidentally bumped into them," Kamiya suggested out of the blue.

"Yeah!" Ren chimed in. "I wanna meet his girlfriend. She's so cute."

"Wait guys look!" Honjo pointed out. They watched as a group of Ara High students walked up to the couple. Thinking Yamato could handle it, they stood in their hiding place.

"We gotta help him," Ichimura cried as Yamato soon got tired after knocking out four guys, but there were still about five left, one of whom had held Mika in place. Before anyone else said a word, Ren had already ran to Yamato's aid.

 

Mika

 

"Yama-kun!" She cried as Yamato got kicked from behind.

"Shut up girly!" The man holding her demanded. Mika watched helplessly as they pushed Yamato around, making him nearly exhausted and to the point where he could faint. Suddenly a blur with some blonde streaks on the top  of its head dashed out and broke the circle that had pushed Yamato around.

"Ren!" A bunch of guys yelled. The man holding Mika let go out of shock, allowing her to rush to Yamato's side.

"Yama-kun!" Mika cried, craddling him in her arms. She looked up to see some guys standing protectively in front of the two of them. "Who are you guys?"

"We're the friends of justice!" A guy joked and waved at her, earning a hit in the head from the guy named Ren.

"Shut up, Kura," Ren teased. "We're friends of Yamato. And we can't forgive you for ruining the date of our precious friend." Although it sounded corny, his words touched Mika's heart until Yamato spoke up.

"Don't copy Yankumi's words, idiots," Yamato teased.

"Just shut up and let us be the heroes okay?!" A blonde guy yelled back. With a war cry, the guys ran at the Ara High students and finished the fight in about 5 minutes since the Ara High students were already tired.

"You guys..."Yamato whispered when they surrounded him and Mika.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kura!" He introduced, comepletely ignoring Yamato.

"Ren," he said and gave a cute smile with a wave.

"Honjo."

"Ichi."

"Kamiya."

"Nice to meet you guys," Mika said. "I'm Suzuki, Mika."

"You guys were following us weren't you?" Yamato asked suddenly.

"How'd you know?" Ren asked surprised, getting hit by the guys.

"Now he really does know," Kura scolded, making Ren nervously grin at them.

"I can hear you guys whispering you know," Yamato added.

"Hey Mika, about what you said to those elite guys earlier," Ichimura began. "Is it true? That you truly do care for Yamato and you don't see him as a useless deliquent?" She nodded to them.

"I don't care what people say," Mika replied. "They only see Yama-kun for his reputation, but they never got to know the real him. There's more to him than just fighting. No matter what people say, I promise I'll always see him the way I do now."

"We weren't asking for that," Kura boredly replied.

"Yeah it's too mushy for us," Ren said. "And it sounds too corny. Anyways to the important part...."

"Have you guys kissed yet????" The guys all asked in unison. Mika blushed and looked down while Yamato finally found his strength to stand back up and hit each of them.

"Of course not yet you idiots!" He yelled.

"Well I approve of her," Honjo said. "It's nice that you found a girl like that."

"Me too," Ren said and placed a hand on both of their shoulders. "Just remember to tell me when you guys finally have your first kiss, do it for the first time, and name your baby after me." With that comment, both Mika and Yamato hit him.

"Idiot," the other guys muttered as Ren cried on the ground, nursing his head.

 

A Year Later 

 

Mika stuck true to her words and always defended Yamato when someone called him a useless delinquent or anything close. She hated how everyone judged him on how he looked instead of the deeper Yamato. Even her friends told her to break up with him once they found out she was going out with Yamato. She angrily cut off ties with them since they weren't good friends anyways and became close friends with Ren and the guys. Yamato doesn't act like a prince to her as much as he did when they first got together, but he still does it often. After high school Yamato was able to get into a good college because of Mika's encouragement. He still fought once in a while, but he became more mature because of her, not allowing things to anger him as easily. Ren and the guys became more mature with her around too. They acted as childish as ever, but when the times come they would become very adultlike.

"Mika," Yamato asked one day. "Why did you ever like me? I mean I'm happy you do, but what got you to like me and accept to be my girlfriend in the first place?"

"Well even though you were from Akadou, you still saved me that night," Mika answered. "So I just thought there's more to you than it seems. I'm glad I took that chance because look how we are now."

"Yeah, that's true," Yamato chuckled. "I love you my princess Mika."

"I love you too Yama-kun!" Mika cried and flung herself into his arms.

"You two are so sweet we're getting diabetes!" A voice yelled from inside a bush.

"Some things never change do they?" Mika asked as she looked at the guys weird. Even up until now, the guys still spied on Yamato and Mika's dates from behind bushes. Yamato smirked and threw a can at Ren's head.

"I guess not," Yamato agreed before the two began running away from Ren and the guys teasing them from behind.