Chapter Two

Fallen Memories

Yunhee woke up in the hospital bed. That boy she couldn't remember was always there. He never let her side. No matter how many times she told him to get some sleep at home, he never left. She didn't know why he cared so much even though she doesn't even know his name.

What was it again? Oh yeah Lu Han. Yunhee watched him as he fell asleep. His short blonde hair, was messy and had a little alfalfa. His bangs draped over his face. It was perfectly messy. He had big brown eyes that were mesmerizing. Yunhee wished his eyes weren't closed so she can just see that little twinkle in them. He had milky white skin that looked so soft and warm. Yunhee's eyes traveled to his lips. Pouty, cute, pink, kissable. He looked extremely young. Like 16 or 15. After asking, Lu Han he told her he was 18, wait no, 19. And she was 18. Or was it 19? It was 18.

Lu Han had tried talking to her. She would always be happy to have a conversation. She tried to talk as if they were bestfriends still. Lu Han would tell her things that happened in the two years she forgot.. And she would silently listen. He talked about how one time they snuck out of school, when he was a senior and she was a junior. How they would go to dinner every 3rd monday of the month.

He knew so much about her they could've been dating. But no, she was dating.... What was his name? Chanju? chanjo? Chunji! That was his name. What puzzled her the most was he rarely visited. And when he did, he was  tired and had dark circles under his eyes. Yunhee guessed it was because he stayed up late with a new girl But the real reason was he couldn't bare to see the girl he loved forget him. 

What if she fell for someone else? What if she hated him?Chunji didn't want to lose her to anyone. But what if he already had? Chunji had always been threatened by Lu Han. And he thanked the heavens Lu Han didn't have feelings for Yunhee. And Vise Versa. Well at least those feeling weren't visable to them. But man, they were sure visable to chunji.

He knew, deep inside if yunhee had to pick in her state now. She would pick Lu Han. Chunji couldn't let that happened. I mean, who would want to lose a girl like Yunhee to another boy. 

Yunhee wasn't popular. But she wasn't unpopular. she was the quiet girl who always kept her grades up and always did the right thing.Yunhee is shy and reserved. Since she always in the books people rarely see her face. Lu Han calls it the personality facade. 

If someone told you what she was like without you actually knowing her, you would think she is a ugly weird nerd. Not exactly. People don't really see her face at school but when they do there is always a double take. She is not like an ordinary girl though. something about her makes you somewhat intreged. As if your mind is telling you "this girl is something special." And it is utterly true. You can't stare her right in the eye and tell a lie. You can't do something bad when she is near. Not because she is a tattle tale. But because she is so gentle and sweet. You can't help it.

Her smile is one of a kind. It's the kind of smile that lights up the whole city! something is just either weird or amazing about it. Like her smile helps you know, this girl is going to take care of me. This girl is going to the most important thing in the world to me. I want to take care of her. 

Who can you lose a once in a life time chance to fall in  love with her? And better yet, have her fall inlove with you? Chunji lost that chance. Just when Yunhee felt extremely "in like" with him almost in love. well it is rather dreadful for him.

"Yunhee?" Lu Han mumbled in his sleep. Yunhee chuckled as he slept  talked.

"Yes Lu Han?"

"Don't leave me. Please don't leave. I can't live with out you. You are so important.... You don't even know how important you are. Please Yunhee." Yunhee almost felt distressed. That's how he feels? I'm that important?

"Don't worry. I just need to remember you and it will be okay."

"Y-Yunhee..."

"Yes?" and in that instant he woke up. He blinked at her as Yunhee gently smiled.

"You know, that smiles always makes me feel, warm inside." LuHan laid his head on her bed.

"Well I get that a lot..."

"Well at least you remember that."

"Hey Lu Han."

"Mhmm?" Lu Han looked up at Yunhee.

" What if I can't remember you? what if I get discharged and I try so hard to remember you but I can't. Are you still going to be my friend?"

"Even if you can't remember me, I'm still going to be your bestfriend. I'm going to be sad but I stilll remember our memories."

"How did I get so  unlunky to forget a friend like you?" Yunhee chuckled. Lu Han bit his lip wanting to tell what happened that night.

"It's not unlucky, just a stupid person."

"what do you mean by a stupid person? am I a stupid person?" She raised her eyebrow,

"a-aniyo. You see, it was my fault."

"what do you mean?"

"I was the stupid person that got drunk. And decided to get in a fight with a couple of guys. For making fun of you. I  was the stupid one who called you to come get me. And you were the good friend that came and drove me home. I was the stupid person who got angry and made us have a fight. And all you wanted was me to be safe. And I was the stupid one who didn't hug you. who didn't keep you in my arms. I didn't hold you tight and try to say sorry for getting drunk. Sorry for fighting with you. I was the stupid person who didn't keep you with me till car passed by." Lu Han looked so upset with himself. He was so scared that Yunhee would never forgive him. For being a bad bestfriend.

But being how Yunhee is, she just smiled and signaled Lu Han to come closer. He did as she told awaited her next action. She hugged him and pulled him close. Lu Han, slightly shocked, hugged back.

"What are you doing? aren't you angry?"

"Listen to yourself Lu Han. You were drunk. You didn't know what you were doing. I admit, drinking under age is kind of stupid. And judging by how you feel. You feel pretty damn bad about it. I mean it is technically the drivers fault for not seeing a girl cross the street. And there at least now you can hold me in your arms. I'm not dead you know?"

And just like that, Lu Han felt like they were bestfriends again. Like nothing ever happened. and nothing will happen. But something did. That was the day Chunji had the courage to come in there and see her. And that moment when he stepped through the door, he saw his love and Lu Han hugging. Like they were in love.

Chunji closed his fists. And quietly mumbled under his breath,

"Lu Han, you are dead."