Lightning

The hat of fate

We had both texted each other after agreeing on the date. He had asked me my name, and i had answered. We somehow always had something to write about, in the short amount of time between our meetings and his small hints of his satisfaction of who i was as a person always made me see fireworks above my head.

The evening of the next day had arrived. I had just stepped out of the steamy shower and reached for my body lotion in my pink toilet bag. As i pumped it into my hands and began rubbing it into my damp skin i heard the door of my neighbour being unlocked. Obviously Taecyeon had come home. And the time said 19:00, half an hour till the meeting time. The movements that could be heard from him seemed sloppy and tired. It must have been a hard day. As i was rubbing the lotion into my skin and thinking of the man on the other side of the wall, my heart began beating a little faster. Remembering his smile and his sweet cool voice left my body tingling. He had, without me knowing, stepped inside my heart. Damn.

I pulled my black dress over my head and let it slide down my skin. I pulled at it to set it perfectly around me. I knew it would fall in Taecyeon’s taste. He seemed like the type of guy who would like surprises. And the would definitely surprise him. The only covering on my back was on my . And the front was elegant but tight. But still not too tight, only giving hints about my body. The unspoken his eyes had sent me every time we met, had imprinted itself in my mind and made me equal tense. I straightened my hair and looked at the clock. 19:15. Not that much time left, but just enough to put on that y yet calm make-up.

Knocking on the door i heard footsteps immediately. He had been waiting. The steps was fast and seemed eager to meet me, and at that my heart was beating louder again. Why did i have to fall for a korean guy, living this far from me. And at that, a star. Stupid mind and heart. He opened the door in a swift movement and froze at the sight of me. Equally surprised by him i froze to. His elegant yet kind of chilling shirt falling over his toned body, a little visible through the cloth, and his black denim jeans made him seem gentlemanly without trying. And his actions helped a lot on it. He heated up again and stepped to the side with a hand on the doorknob asking me to come in without speaking the actual words. Instead he took the chance to compliment me as i stepped inside.
“You look absolutely gorgeous!” his smooth voice almost whispered, and send a fast chill through my body.
“You are not bad yourself.” I said seductively as i looked him in the eyes with a soft yet alluring look. We had apparently no intention of hiding our desires this evening. And we were both absolutely fine with it.
“Well come in and let’s eat.” he lead me to the table and pulled out my chair.
“How courteous.” i said as i walked to the chair and slid down knowing he would see my back. I could hear him breathe in a sharp manner, confirming my theory of my surprise. I smiled to myself in pleasure, but erased it completely when he walked past me and placed himself slowly on the chair in front of me. He looked at me and smiled a sweet smile showing his somehow rabbit-like but cute teeth. He had placed the food on the table before i arrived, and candles were lit as the only light source around us in the living room. We slowly began eating. We talked and laughed throughout the whole dinner and slowly my heart felt even more towards him. Stupid me. The sun had begun to set, and as we came to the end of dinner rain was hitting the windows roughly. I was feeling uneasy. But i didn’t show it.
“Want to watch a movie?” Taecyeon asked taking me out of my worries. I smiled at him.
“Yes that sounds nice.” i answered sweetly but still with a hint of seduction. We moved to the couch and decided on a movie together. Being different, we argued a bit, but agreed on one in the end. His discussing voice was to die for. He put on the movie and placed himself next to me with some space between us. It seemed like he teased me, but the hard rain was making me nervous of what could come next. He placed his arms on the backrest and i was placed in his arms reach. But he didn’t touch me at all. What a tease!


The rain was getting wilder and the wind could be heard. I had been shifting in my seat for a while, and Taecyeon was picking up the signs of me being uncomfortable.
“Is something wrong?” he asked concerned, taking his attention of the movie and fully towards me.
“No. Not at all.” i lied with a smile. At the same moment a lightning lit up the whole room, and followed by thunder making me squirm in fright and curl up into a ball on the couch. My dress sliding up a slightly bit, but Taecyeon had no attention to anything of that. He was genuinely concerned about me. How sweet as he always was.
“You are clearly not okay. Are you afraid of thunder?” he asked taking his hand down from the back of the couch and caressing my shoulder. My eyes peaked open.
“No. No, no. I’m fine. I’m just fine. Just fine.” i stumbled over my words trying to convince him about my non existing fright. Though it didn’t help with another bright lightning followed by a loud roaring thunder. I screeched and flung myself into his arms out of my growing lust for protection. Taecyeon held me tight as i dug my head into his shoulder. He the back of my head calming me. His words making me feel secure.
“Don’t worry. You won’t get hurt. It’s outside and we’re inside.” his warm voice reaching my bones as my tension went away. That was when another, even bigger, lightning . Once again i curled up and further inside his protective arms and i let out a small yelp clearly explaining my fright. My eyes on the edge of floating over with tears and my body shaking. Never had i experienced this extreme weather. Then i heard everything being muffled, and realised that Taecyeon had pressed his large hand over my ear and pressed my other ear upon his chest. Every sound of thunder was being left out of the bubble i now had been placed in. All i really could hear was the beating of this caring mans heart. It was slow and steady. Calm and forceful. It was explaining Taecyeon as a person in every beat. This kind of protection. Never felt before. I looked up, still making sure i only could hear his heartbeat, and met his eyes. They were focused solely on me, and showing concern above any other emotion. His heart might have been steady. But mine was racing itself in being the fastest. We stayed like that, looking at each other and letting each person feel secure, until everything went quiet. Not a single raindrop could be heard when the bubble i had been in was popped. I moved away from Taecyeon’s chest, slightly embarrassed of my fright.
“Thanks.  You really know how to make me feel safe.” I smiled, moving slowly to correct my dress, that without either of us noticing had slipped up.
“No problem. No one should feel frightened.” Taecyeon said in a low voice, almost afraid to scare me again. He was still holding on to me. I didn’t mind and stayed in his arms and looked at him again. Unconscious about it both of our heads moved closer ever so slightly.
“Thanks again.” I said slowly almost closing my eyes moving closer.
“Don’t mention it.” Taecyeon looked at my lips as we still came towards one another. I couldn’t keep my words in one sentence any more as my heart was beating out of me and my body was being electrified by Taecyeon’s alluring eyes across my face.
“I. Really. Am. Grateful. I. Don’t. Know. What. To. Sa-” My sentence was cut. He knew what i was about to say, and didn’t want to wait for me to finish. I didn’t really want to finish either. He kissed me softly, and we both felt how our tensions was being released as our lips moved with each other. Both soft and slightly wet. I tilted my head to the side, and Taecyeon moved with my intentions, and tilted his own to the other.
 


Another chapter for you guys! It wil probably finish in the next chapter ^^ Hope you like it ^-^