Welcome, Alice. Welcome.

Alice in Super Junior Wonderland (English Version)

 

Alice could not believe her eyes when she had entered the garden. The grasses were as tall as her and she felt a little lost.

"Where are you going, young lady?" Suddenly a voice asked behind her. Surprised, she turned around. In front of her stood a young man with longer, brown hair. He was wearing black pants, which went down to his knees. Purple and black checkered suspenders hanging down from them. His upper body was covered with a black top that had the same pattern on all seams. On the arms he wore black gauntlets where gold rings were attached. On his head he had purple cat ears and Alice thought she saw a black and purple striped cat tail behind him. He had nice, big round eyes, which were presumptuous looking at her. His one eye was covered with his hair and under the other were two little purple stars painted on. He looked good, Alice thought.

"I'm looking for the white rabbit." She said. "Have you seen it?"

He gave a short laugh. "I've seen everything and nothing. However, only those who diligently search, will find in the end." He said with a broad smile.

Alice did not understand. He spoke in riddles. "Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Heechul." He said and made an indicated bow, that also seemed very mocking. "The Cheshire Cat. At your service, Alice. "

"How do you know my name?" She asked, confused.

"Oops, that was a mistake. Forgive me, please." He tilted his head to one side and looked at her still grinning. "We'll see you, Alice."

And as she blinked he was gone. 'Strange guy.' Alice thought, but then she decided to look for the rabbit and not continue to ponder about Heechul anymore. She went on and had to be careful not to trip over the many stones that lay everywhere. She walked and walked and had no idea where she should find the rabbit. Also, it occurred to her she needed a place to stay for the night, as it slowly got dark around her. She was mistaken, or was it more quickly night here than at her house.

 

Then suddenly she saw a light between the tall trees. What could there be? Perhaps she could find the rabbit. It turned out to be a clearing, where a large table stood at which several people were sitting. They were all, so said Alice, very handsome young men. Even though the man with the big hat was the most interesting. He wore a slightly older and a bit tattered jacket, which suited him well. Next to him sat another young man who had large, round mouse ears. He was drinking a sip of his teacup, which had a crack in it. The third was a rabbit, or at least the man had rabbit ears and Alice was even able to see a small stub tail. But she knew immediately that it was not the rabbit, which she was looking for, because this looked a little run-down.

She took a few steps towards them and stood in the bright circle of the clearing. The man with the hat noticed her first. He nudged the mouse-like man beside him and nodded to her. The rabbitman saw her as well. Immediately the three moved closer together and turned their backs on her.

"Excuse me." said Alice, raising a hand helplessly. "Get out." Said the man with the hat. "We are a closed society."

"Yes, closed!" Said the man with bunny ears and laughed strangely. Alice raised her eyebrows.

"Who are you?" She asked the three. "Why should we tell you?" Asked the man with the hat. "After all, we do not know who you are."

"I'm Alice." She said and smiled uncertainly. "I came through the door."

"Alice?" the three asked at the same time and turned in unison. "This changes everything. Sit down with us." Said the man with the hat and pointed to an empty chair with a crooked back.

 

Alice hesitated, but then went to the three, and sat down. The chair was extremely comfortable and surprisingly Alice believed that she could sit here for a lifetime.

"I'm Donghae." said one man. He took off his hat and made a friendly little nod. "The Hatter."

"Glad to meet you." Said Alice, who had suddenly found her manners again. But eventually they happened to be at a tea party so she had to be polite. "You don't have to talk that polite, dear Alice." Said Donghae, and gave her a charming smile.

He reached for her hand, but before she could react, the man with the mouse ears began to speak.

"I'm Kibum." He said and smiled at them just so friendly. Alice wondered where this kindness came from all of a sudden.

"And I am Ryeowook." Said the rabbit, with a wry grin. "Pleased to meet you, too." Alice said, smiling back. "She is charming." Kibum said to Ryeowook, who giggled funny. "Yes, absolutely." He said. "I wanted to ask if you've seen the white rabbit." Said Alice.

Donghae gave her a tea cup from which had a small piece broken out. "Just drink a little, dear Alice." He said.

Alice took the cup out of courtesy and sniffed curiously at the brew. It smelled sweet and it reminded her of a colorful field of flowers.

Alice cautiously drank a sip, but had to make sure she wouldn't immediately spit out the liquid. It tasted incredibly bitter, and had nothing of its odor.

"You like it?" Kibum asked and took a sip from his cup.

"Yes, tastes excellent." Alice lied and tried to not show it to be.

"But to return to my question again." She said stubbornly. "I am looking for a white rabbit."

"Well, my brother has always had a nicer fur than me." Ryeowook said, looking sad in his cup.

"But your fur is but also really nice." Said Alice, smiling. "It looks so fluffy."

"Do you think?" Ryeowook immediately looked at the girl with a grin. "Thank you, Alice."

"No problem." She said thoughtfully, and turned the cup in her hand.

"But do you know where I can find him?" She asked again.

"I do not know." "No, no idea." "Ask someone else." they all said at once.

Alice noticed that they all suddenly seemed strange, as if they had something to hide. Did they really do not know, or were they just pretending not to know?

"Then I'm going to keep looking." Said Alice, rising.

"Stop, you haven't finished your tea yet." Donghae said.

"I'm really sorry, but it's urgent. I will definitely come back and drink with you again. Excuse me." she made a little curtsey and walked with quick steps across the clearing. She struggled through the high thicket and finally found back to the way in which she had gone before.

Sighing, she realized that the sky was darkening slowly. She still had nowhere to stay and outside on the cold ground she would not sleep well. Oh, how much she wanted a soft bed right now.

 

"Welcome, Alice." suddenly a deep voice said directly to her ear. Startled, she spun around and cringe. There was another man, he had blonde hair and was wearing a white jacket with a red shirt and a black and white tie. From his pocket hung a fine gold chain. Probably from a clock, and in one button-hole, he had a red rose.

"Welcome in Wonderland." He said and made an extravagant movement with his right arm. "Where everything and nothing is possible. Where dreams come true and fears get faces."

He smiled kindly and Alice had an immediate sense that she knew the man. That she knew him for ages, since her birth and even earlier. It was as if the image of the man was an image of her soul. "I am the clockmaker, Eunhyuk, and hereby I bid you welcome."

"Also very pleased." Said Alice, and again made a small curtsy. "But, could you help me? I'm seeking a stay for the night. "

"With the greatest pleasure." Eunhyuk said and made an indicated bow. "Follow me, Alice." They went on their way, but after a short time it was not an easy trail, but a small paved road. Alice did not know how she could break the uncomfortable silence that prevailed, so she looked around curiously.

"I'm glad you finally found us, Alice." Eunhyuk said then at some point.

"May I ask you something?" said Alice, as she walked around a small puddle. "Now you have already asked your question. But you are also allowed to ask me something again." He said, and laughed shortly. It was a friendly laugh, which brought Alice to feel good about.

"Why do you all know my name?" she asked.

"We have been waiting for you, Alice." Eunhyuk said. "And many of us have felt your presence immediately. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be there right away, I hope nothing too strange happened to you."

"No, not really." Said Alice. "But I met a man called Heechul​​. Somehow he's strange. "

"You don't need to listen to him, he talks a lot when the day is long." Eunhyuk said. "We're almost there."

Alice nodded. Suddenly she thought of the warning words of her mother that had urged her not to go with strange men. But Alice decided that she had done so many forbidden things that it did not matter now. Surely it was forbidden to run after rabbits and jump into unfathomable depths. She also had been drinking and eating what she did not know what it was and whether it was someones or not. In addition, her dress was torn at the hem and quite dirty as well, though Alice had been really careful. Sighing, she looked at her dress.

"What's going on?" Said Eunhyuk, whose presence had been forgotten for a moment.

"My dress." Said Alice. "It's ruined."

"Somewhere I surely will find something for you." Eunhyuk said and smiled again. Alice wondered if he could also do other facial expressions. She wondered how it might look like if he was angry or annoyed. Or when he looked dreamily into the sky. Alice could not deny that it was a really nice imagination.

"We're here." Eunhyuk said as they stood in front of a small white cottage. "Welcome to my humble home." Eunhyuk said. Alice followed him to the door and noticed a small copper plate next to the bell with the inscription 'Eunhyuk, clockmaker, repair of any kind' Among them was a smaller plate with something else engraved into it, but Alice could not see it anymore. She decided that she could look some other time, for now she was tired and was looking forward to a warm bed.