The Rabbit

Alice in Super Junior Wonderland (English Version)

Originally it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining down from heaven and just a few clouds were floating around. Birds chirping and happily flying around, insects buzzing and flowers spreading their sweet scent.

Anyhow, Alice just didn't want to play outside of the house, what she used to do when she was younger. Her parents just persuaded her to not longer sit inside of the house, so she was lying on a small blanket in their garden, together with her sister, who was eagerly reading a book.

 

Alice envied her sister. She was a few years older, well educated and engaged to a beautiful young man. In addition, her sister herself was also very beautiful. Her blonde hair was tied up with silver barrettes into an artistic knot. And the red dress she wore was well suited to her complexion.

Alice in comparison was pale, her face just too childish and her cheeks covered with freckles . Her hair a few shades darker than her sisters. It wasn't that golden, it was more of a sandy color. Her big eyes weren't as cat-like and elegant like her sisters, nor of the bright blue summer sky. Alice wore a plain blue dress, she didn't have such beautiful and splendid dresses her sister had. She hoped she would get to know a young man who gave her such great gifts. In her dreams, she imagined a handsome young man, with beautiful dark hair and hazel eyes. He had a charming smile and his gaze was a wonderful warmth that was designed just for her. But Alice didn't believe she would ever get to know such a man. And if so, she was pretty sure he would not be interested in her at all. Because after all she was not as pretty and well educated as her sister.

 

She sighed softly and looked at the sky. She was so incredibly bored. She had no enthusiasm for reading books for hours while sitting in the sun, but her sister had and enjoyed it.

So she watched the colorful butterflies that fluttered happily around. Sometimes she wanted to be one of them, just carelessly and happily fluttering around, without any problems or doubts. But then she remembered, that she could never be able to meet her prince charming.

The more minutes passed, the more she was bored. Her sister, read and read and she just did not know what to do. 'I wish something would happen.' she thought as she closed her eyes.

There! There was a rustling in the grass there. Alice carefully set herself up. A little white peeking out from under the long grass. Incredulously Alice was rubbing her eyes. She had never seen a white rabbit in the wild before. She watched him interested, as he looked around and then hopped across the meadow. He was wearing a checkered jacket, with a vest pocket which he took out from a golden pocket watch.

But this was confusing. Only when it began to speak, Alice recognized that it really had to be different than any other rabbit.

"I'm late! I'm too late." the rabbit said excitedly, and looked around again. His little pink nose moving has he was sniffing. Alice got up cautiously, her sister noticed nothing, so she followed the rabbit as it hopped on through the grass. "He will not be happy. No, not at all. Not at all pleased. " He said anxiously and looked at the clock.

Alice held the hem of her dress in order to follow him quickly. Where would it be going? Walking to his home? Where did talking rabbits, with vest pockets and a large golden clock live?

Alice ran a little further, but suddenly the rabbit was gone. Alice walked around a bit longer and disappointed she had to realize that she had lost him. Why wasn't she fast enough? If she only knew where he had gone. Alice sighed softly. The disappointment was great, so much had she wished for a distraction.

She looked around further, would not give up yet. No, she would find the rabbit, and ask where it got such a beautiful clock from. Perhaps her father would give her a clock like this for her birthday? And then she saw a bony old tree. She was sure that it had not been there before. And what was there? Alice stretched herself, and was able to reach just a small piece of cloth, which hung on one of the branches. 'But, that's the rabbits!' Alice happily noticed. Maybe she had not lost the trail. She walked around the tree and there! There was a big hole. The rabbit burrow?

 

Without hesitation, she knelt down and tried to see the bottom of the hole. But everything was black.

She looked at the piece of cloth in her hand and put it in the bag of her white apron. She carefully gathered up her dress, so she would not get it dirty. Her mother would not at all be pleased if she ruins this dress like she already ruined her other dresses. She took another deep breath and jumped.

She fell and fell. At first it was black around her. It was so dark she could not even see her own hand in front of her eyes. Then it suddenly became brighter and she could see what it was. On the walls were shelves where countless books were lined up. Here and there lights were installed. Curious, she looked around. Of the books on the shelvesshe had never heard of, some of their names she couldn't even read, because they were written in a language unknown to her. Then, much to Alice' surprise she noticed that she was not alone. Countless objects flew around her. Over there she could even see a black piano. Too bad that she was not able to play beautiful melodies on it, like her sister, she thought.

The contents of the shelves were changing. Suddenly there were a lot of full and empty glasses, labeled or unlabeled. Alice wondered how long she would fall and how deep the hole was.

Maybe she came out on the other side of the earth and she would have to ask where she really was. But perhaps the people couldn't understand her at all there? Maybe they were talking a different language and were so very different from the people she knew. "No, it will not even happen." she told herself. "This is absurd. No one can fall through the whole earth." But she was not so sure because, after all, she was still falling. 'Who dug this hole?'she asked herself, because she did not believe that a small rabbit could build alone something this big. Maybe the rabbit had friends who also lived down there.

 

Finally she landed on something soft. When she looked closer, she realized that it was a mess of small branches and soft rabbit fur. Alice scrambled to her feet and looked around. She stood in a small passageway, the ceiling, the floor and the walls were of dark earth, and here and there roots of trees looked out. She walked towards the light, where she believed hearing someone to talk. Was it the rabbit? She ran fast, but the tunnel was longer than she thought.

Finally she stood in a slightly larger room with a high ceiling. On one side were several doors and a beautifully patterned blue curtain. The rabbit was nowhere in sight. Probably, thought Alice, it walked through one of the doors. She went to the first, to open it, but it was locked. The other two did not open as well. Now what?

Alice sighed. Somehow she had to go further. Then she noticed the table on which lay a small golden key. She took it and tried to put in each of the locks, but it was all too small. It probably belonged to a smaller door with a small lock. Alice looked searchingly around. Somewhere there had to be the right lock. Then she noticed the blue curtain, which she gently pushed to one side. There, after she saw the smallest door, which she had ever seen, she bent down, and managed to put the little key in the keyhole and turn it around. It fit!

Through the small opening she could see the most beautiful garden she had ever seen. And there she could even see the ears of the bunny. But she found out disappointed that, even if she made herself as small and thin as she could, she would not fit through the door.

 

Sadly, she closed the door, took the key again to put it back on the glass table. But now there stood a small bottle with a red, sparkling liquid in it on the table. 'Drink me!' stood with beautiful letters written on a piece of paper that was attached to the neck of the bottle. Alice didn't hesitate, she put the key back on the table and then took the bottle. Carefully, she smelled it before. It smelled sweet, like summer, sun and strawberries. She started to drink and actually wanted to drink a small sip, but the content tasted so delicious that she drank the whole bottle. Then she felt something changing. The environment around her seemed to grow, no, she herself seemed to shrink! And she woldn't stop to shrink! What if she had drunk too much and would be shrinking until their isn't anything left of her? But then she suddenly stopped shrinking.

"So that's how mice see the world!" Alice said to herself and looked around fascinated. Everything was so big. Then she remembered the little door through which she could go now that she was this tiny! Eagerly she ran towards the door, holding up her dress, which had shrunk as well. But then she realized that she had indeed put back the key! It lay there on the table, and Alice could not reach it, no matter how hard she tried to climb up the table legs. Sadly, she sat down. Oh, why she only had been so hasty? How stupid she was. No, she would never get to know a wonderful man if she acts and appears so stupid. Her sister would've had acted wiser. 'Oh, if she only were here. She surely would know the answer.' thought Alice.

 

She looked around again looking for something. There had to be something that could help her to get the key. There, next to a table leg was something, she remarked. It was a piece of cake, which really looked very appetizing. With pink frosting 'Eat me!' was written on it. "Well, I do not get on anyways." said Alice, and took the piece to take a bite. It tasted delicious.

Immediately Alice noticed, that she was changing again. She grew up in the air, forever and ever, until she was bigger than before. 'Now I get the key.' she thought, and took the little key, where she had to be careful, with her large hands to not break it. She laid it down on the ground and wondered how she could shrink again. Why did she have to drink the whole bottle before? Now there was nothing left of the red liquid. Or?

Alice took the bottle and found that it had been refilled. She quickly put on and drank it down in one course. And again she began to shrink until she was again the size as before she had eaten the cake. She grabbed the key to finally open the door and go into the garden.