Chapter 38: Revelation

The Chaser

Yena POV:

We’re kissing... On his bed... This is totally unusual...

And... He just confessed... Is that real? He... loves me?!

He pulled away with his eyes shut, then he smiled in satisfaction and opened them up slowly looking sweetly at me, "So... What do you think?"

I couldn’t say a word over the shock. Heck, I couldn’t even take my eyes off of him.

At that moment, everything flashed back to me. The past three horrible years that I was taken away by Donghae.  How L and the others suffered. He suffered the most. He really does love me.

Something was telling me that something was missing in my life when I was with Donghae... This was it... The guy who meant the most to me... The person who took care of me the most... Who dug me out of my loneliness and took me with him to a happy dream land... L.

I softened, looking right into his eyes.

His expression changed, "Lo-Look, if that was too sudden, I’m so-" I leaned in to his lips and kissed him, a deep, emotional kiss. He softened kissing me back. It was a nice moment...

***

Jehyun POV:

"Ufff~ why are they still in there? What are they doing?! I’m bored!!!" I complained. Yeol brushed my hair with his hand, "He missed her, so he gets to get some private time with her you know."

"But I miss her too~" I pouted. He chuckled at my pout, "You’ll get some time with her soon. Just let them be for now." He smiled.

I sighed.

Maybe he’s right... L really misses her and wants to be alone with her for a while... But how long can this ‘while’ last?!

HAH!!! I’m going to talk to her right now!!! Do you know how long I haven’t spoken to a girl?!! Believe me, it’s been a WHILE!

I stood up and made my way to L’s room. "Jehyunnie~ Where are you going?!" Yeol pouted. I looked back at him, "To talk to my friend." I smiled and walked over.

The door is closed... hmm... I knocked couple of times but there was no response. Ok.

I opened the door slowly and peeked my head in, "Hel-" I froze on the scene of L and Yena making out on L’s bed. OMG!!! This fast?!!!

Yena opened one eye looking at me, she gave me an eye-smile and waved her hand over. The door closed, keeping me outside, and then I heard the door’s lock switching.

Blush... Blush... Blush...

I walked back to the living room where the others are. I sat down next to Sungyeol and rested my head on his shoulder.

"That was fast... What happened? Got kicked out?!" He smiled.

I blushed even more as I remembered the scene, but yet, I smiled, "Kinda."

"Aaaah~ My poor little angel. Come here." He slid his hand over making me fall in a cute hug to his chest. I hugged his waist and rested my head on his strong chest. He surrounded me with his long arm, "I love you." He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too..." I closed my eyes in satisfaction.

***

"Jehyunnie~" The sweet voice I fell for called.

"Lee Jehyun~" He called again. I smiled in my sleep. Apparently, I fell asleep in Yeol’s arms.

"Baby angel, wake up~" He sang. Hehe, how sweet.

I fluttered my eyes open to find his face above mine, smiling cutely at me. "You’re heavy and irritating!" He smiled.

"WHAT?!" I jumped up awake looking at him. He laughed out. I frowned, "What did you just say?!"

"I’m kidding, I’m kidding. You’re my angel, how can I call you that?!" He pinched my cheek. I pouted a bit, "Then don’t joke like that again, it hurts you know."

"Oh, of course I won’t baby girl. Now let’s go to the other room. They’re waiting for us."

"Hmm? Is something up?!" I asked tilting my head a bit.

"Hyunjoong hyung wants to tell us something." Sungyeol explained. I nodded and we both made our way there.

"Okay, we’re here. What’s up?" Sungyeol said as we both got into the room. All five guys were here sitting on the sofa in front of Hyunjoong. While L and Yena sat warmly next to each other, hooking their fingers together lovingly. Hah, so cute!

"Yeah, sit down." Sunggyu said pointing at the other sofa. We sat down looking at them waiting for Hyunjoong to start talking.

I took a fast look at Yena and L, she glanced at me smiling sweetly. I smiled back and looked away. She really looks happy! Great!

"So..." Hyunjoong cleared his throat, we all gave him our attention.

"Yena-ssi and Jehyun-ssi here are Royal Demons."

We nodded.

"Jehyun-ssi, a white demon who can heal others yet feels their pain while doing it. You can also have any other’s power by getting in physical contact with them but you can use that only once then lose it."

We nodded again.

"Yena-ssi... a dark demon..." He started looking at her, "You can have any power you see, permanently. You also have some great physical powers, such as flexibility, and you’re snappish smart-"

"Like a cat." L smirked. She smiled at L’s remark, "We already know everything you just said, so what’s your point?" Yena asked.

"You’re also impatient. My point is... Demons- or to be more exact, Royal Demons lived for centuries together under one condition to be taken seriously, which is ‘Not to use their powers together under any situation what-so-ever.’" He said. I blinked at that thought, "Why is that?!" I asked.

"Well, did you see what happened when you healed Yena-ssi?!" Hyunjoong asked me.

I looked at Yena who was frowning deeply in thought as if she was trying to remember what happened.

"She became... Un... usual..." L said looking at her. She blinked questioningly.

"Exactly. And Jehyun-ssi..." Hyunjoong turned his gaze at me, "You lost your power and fell into sleep."

I hesitantly nodded.

"That’s exactly why they put that law ages ago." He started, "It went well for quite some time until two lovers; white and dark, broke it. The male got badly injured for some reason, so the female felt so sorry for him and healed his injuries greedily. She lost her will to stay alert and fell asleep, while the dark male out all of her power and his real dark side showed up killing everything he met in his way, including her." Hyunjoong explained. My eyes widened.

"Stupid royals later found that out. Darks wanted the power they heard about, and Whites wanted to protect themselves. And so war started. The war continued for months, years, ages... Until no Demons remained... except for you two I guess." He sighed.

We were all too shocked to even react to what Hyunjoong just said. They killed each other over greed for power... Oh my God... That’s too... Ugly.

"So, all I want to say is... You two, stay safe and don’t use your powers together, deal?!" Hyunjoong smiled.

"You mean we can’t even stay as friends or even talk to each other??!!!" Yena asked powerfully.

"Wh... No, I never said that. Just don’t use your powers together anymore. You can always stay as friends." He said. She sighed in relief and smiled at me. She still wants to be my friend, even after what he just said. I’m really thankful.

I smiled back at her sweetly. Don’t worry Yena... Nothing will affect our friendship...