TWO

Like Those in the Movies

 

Juliette. Amber always laughs at Key’s yellow curly hair. Key didn’t mind. Amber was just having fun.

I wish you’re our Juliette and not Krystal.

 

I look like a boy.

 

No, you’re pretty. Prettier than any other girls. You’re as pretty as Juliette.

June 5, 2009. Juliette was number 1. Amber was still watching. Except she was busier this time that she didn’t have the chance to give Key a hug. She felt bad. She wanted to give him one enormous hug. She can’t. She just can’t.

 

Where’s my Juliette?

 

Key still wanting to see her. Key wanted to hug her. Key wants her. He can’t. He just can’t.

 

A short hiatus again for SHINee.

 

F(x) had their showcase. Their SHINee seonbaenim were there. Key was there. Focused on Amber, of course.

 

They were amazing. She was amazing.

 

September 5, 2009. F(x) debut performance. This time, Key was the one watching her. She did her best. Key can see it just by staring at her. He felt proud of her.

 

LA ChA TA.

 

Key wanted to dance to it in excitement, in happiness. Then he felt something or someone warm from his back. He knew right then, it was Amber, hugging him from the back. He missed her hug. He missed her warmth. He missed Amber.

 

The September babies celebrated their birthday together. It was the second time. It was the same as the  first one.

 

Dream Concert. They hang out back stage. Krystal’s and the video cam. No, only the video cam captured their “baby- boo” and “leeezzzzzaaarrrr- mouse” cute conversation. No, they weren’t joking. Yes, they were having fun. No, that wasn’t any simple fan service. Yes, it was something else.

 

Key hyung. Key oppa.

 

Ring Ding Dong. It was the sound that you Key can hear everywhere, in his head and even his heart. Ring Ding Dong, he hears it whenever he’s with Amber.

Ring Ding Dong.

 

This song will surely make a hit. Everyone pulled off the new neo- gothic image. Key pulled off his unbalanced hairstyle.

October 30, 2009. SHINee’s first win in Music Bank. F(x) wasn’t there. Amber wasn’t there. They were busy preparing for their next single.

 

Chu~.

 

November 15, 2009. SHINee’s got Triple Crown. This time, f(x) was there.  Amber was there. Key looked back and hugged Amber. This time, he didn’t have to run back to the SM building just to hug her. This time, he didn’t have to find her. This time, Amber wasn’t far away. This time, Amber was just behind him, supporting SHINee. Supporting him.

 

Key thought the swine flu craze will finally be over. He thought after Jonghyun and Onew got the flu, it’ll be over. But it didn’t stop there. Taemin caught the flu, too. Three members of f(x) caught the flu, too. And it includes Amber. He was worried the day SHINee flew to the Philippines. He wished he could take care of Amber.

 

It’s only for two days.

 

He’ll only be gone in two days. Then after that, he could take care of Amber. He did. He tried. She was better. He had nothing to worry about.

 

Thanks for being here.

 

Ill always be here.

 

They had a practice together in mid- December.  It was during their break time when their youngest wants to play a game. Hide and Seek. Since Taemin wanted to play it really badly, he had to be the seeker.

 

1, 2, 3…

 

Key grabbed Amber by the hand and pulled her to any hiding place he could find.

 

4, 5, 6…

 

He found the emergency exit and there they hide. Amber kept peeking at the door in case Taemin would be anywhere close. Amber was startled when someone suddenly passed so she turned around. What’s more surprising was Key’s face only 1 or 2 inches away from hers. She can’t talk. She can’t move. He can’t talk. He can’t move.

 

This must be it.

 

Key gulped. He moved closer to Amber. Slowly but still wasn’t sure what he’s about to do. Amber closed her eyes. She could’ve run away but her feet seemed to be stuck to the ground. Key leaned a little more closer and that’s when it happened. That’s when the magic happened. That’s when their first ever kiss happened.

 

It’s not supposed to happen.

 

They let go of the kiss.

 

I found you! You’re it!

 

The game was over. Taemin found them. They didn’t play along. They stopped after what happened. It made Taemin sad.

 

Was it wrong?

 

That was the only question they kept asking themselves. But they both knew in their hearts and minds, they owned each other. Amber is now Key’s possession and Key is now Amber’s possession.

 

MBC GayoDaejun. SHINee is paired up with Kara in their Juliette performance. Key and Nicole were partners. Amber didn’t know whether to get jealous because of that. She’s friends with Nicole. Nicole is friends with Key. The three of them are friends. She can’t be jealous. It’s just one dance. And it’s Nicole, and not just any stranger.

 

Amber didn’t show how she really felt through the whole festival. Instead, she just kept smiling. Key knew that she was faking it all.

 

I have to do something.

 

The show was finally over. Too much confetti. Key tapped Amber’s arms and threw her all the confetti he had on his hands. Amber smiled. It wasn’t false anymore.

 

KJE’s Chocolate. SHINee and F(x) were there as guests. 

 

Where is the love?

 

They both found it. They weren’t looking for love anymore. They already have each other.

 

F(x) and SHINee are now taking a break. SHINee are busy with their Asian promotion while f(x) are doing variety shows. They were both busy. They had less time for each other. 

 

Hello Baby. Key would make a great mother. Amber joked to herself. How can she be in love with this oh so diva Kim Kibum?

 

KeyRang KeyRang. Amber didn’t care about Shin Irang. She already owns Key. She doesn’t need to get jealous. She trusts Key.

 

They keep missing each other as days passed. It was difficult to be far from each other.

 

We’ll be making a comeback soon.

 

We can see each other then.

They were getting their hopes up. Yes, they did see each other after their comebacks. Yes, they spend a lot more time together than before. Yes, they were open on how they feel for each other. 

 

There were rules. They understood all of them. They ignored it like trash. All they care about was their feelings and nothing else. They would go to cafés. They would walk around Apgujeong. The hardly care even if fans would see them. Because for fans, Key and Amber are just friends. It’s the same with  Key and Nicole. It’s the same with Amber and Henry. But for them, it’s different.

 

Though fans don’t think that they were dating, SM was still trying to be safe. SM wanted it to be clean. SM didn’t want any dating issues. If there are dating issues. He’s the one who planned it.

 

Stop it or else.

SM warned them. Those words didn’t make sense to the lovers’ ears but they know they have to stop or they’ll both get in trouble. Key didn’t want Amber to get hurt. Amber didn’t want Key to get hurt. But neither of them wanted a break- up. Neither of them wanted to be part from each other.

 

We’re not doing this ‘cause we don’t love each other anymore.

We’re doing this ‘cause we love each other.

Key kissed her forehead. No, they weren’t breaking up. They just need to pretend that they broke up. It was for their own good.

 

It was over for their friends, but not for them. Yes, they were ignoring each other. They were being rude to each other. But deep inside, they still have this thing for each other.

 

SHINee was busy. F(x) was busy. Key tried to focus and he never fails. 

 

Fans first.

 

Fans are important but are they more important that what his heart is telling him? There were many questions again. Now… Key is just not sure.

 

I regret it.

 

They both did. They both regretted following SM’s rules. But they were still grateful to SM. They could’ve never met each other if it wasn’t for SM and his company.

 

It was September once again. Their favorite time of the year. SHINee and F(x) decided to give Key and Amber a joint surprise birthday party. Neither of them knew about this.

 

Happy birthday!

 

There were confetti and balloons. And there was big cake for both of them.

Happy Birthday Kibum and Amber.

They acted normal. They acted happy. They acted alright.

 

I really miss him.

 

I really miss her.

Their friends were having fun. They were as well. But they just can’t stop taking glances at each other. Nobody seems to notice so they felt much better.

 

The party was over. The room was a whole mess. Key and Amber decided to clean it up themselves since nobody is willing to. No, they just used this as an excused to be together. They used this chance to talk.

How are you?

 

I’m fine.

 

Good.

 

Those weren’t the words they wanted to tell. They were both afraid. They don’t know what to do.

One of them has to make the move. And with all respect, Key did. Key made the first move. He held Amber’s hand. He squeezed it like there’s no tomorrow. Amber just let him. Key then pulled her closer and hugged her. Amber let go from their hug and caressed Key’s face.

Did you miss me?

 

I really really really miss you.

 

Do you still love me?

I can never stop loving you.

Key held her face with both of his hands.

I

He kissed her forehead.

love

He kissed her left cheek.

you

He kissed her nose.

Key gave his sweetest kiss on Amber’s lips. He planted one deep sweet unforgettable kiss on Amber’s lips.

Key and Amber didn’t let go after that. They stayed together. They don’t care about the freakin’ rules. They don’t care what other people think anymore. As long as their happy. As long as they love each other. As long as they’re together.

Key never wanted a fantasy romance like those in the movies. He wants those that are truthful and realistic. But fate already made it that way… made it naïve love story. Like those in the movies. With lots of kisses and hugs. With lots of honeyed words and sweet-talk.

FIN

 

====

 

Did all of you like it?

I was planning to make it a three-shots and continue the story but I have no time.

I wrote it 2 years ago before Amber disappeared and there's like tons of other things that happened after that... kinda want to add those other things, just don't have enough time

Thanks for reading.. Appreciate you guys :)