1st Part

Like Those in the Movies

 

ONE.

Key never wanted a fantasy romance like those in the movies. He wants those that are truthful and realistic.But what if fate made it that way… made it naïve love story? Like those in the movies. With lots of kisses and hugs. With lots of honeyed words and sweet-talk.

Kim Kibum, an SM trainee. He has been there for more than two years. He had made a lot of friends, both boys and girls. He’s the most playful one and no one seems to get annoyed with his weird awesome frustrating cool girly personality. It was always like that.

New trainee came in. He was the first one to see the new trainee since he was always looking around the whole building. While observing the new trainee, their eyes finally met. It was awkward. It was unexpected. He looked away and before he even glanced back… the new trainee was gone.

Let’s be friends. 

He wasn’t able to say those words. He wanted to be friends with the new trainee but it was too late. He went back to the practice room. Chat with his fellow trainee. Practice with his fellow trainee. Everyday was tiring. Everyday was wearisome.

It was during break time, when a member of staff walks in to the room with someone familiar. It was the new trainee. The one he saw earlier.

You’ll be staying here for a while. You’ll be training with them for a while. 

Key didn’t know whether he should be happy or not. He wasn’t expecting that he’ll be with this new trainee for maybe… a really long time. He watched the new trainee nod on every word that the staff says. And finally, the new trainee speaks.

Amber. 

It was one plain word. It was her name. It was wonderful. She wasn’t just any new trainee. She wasn’t just any stranger. She was Amber.

As soon as the staff left, she approached Key. That was the most startling act she made.

But Key ,as straight forward as he was, didn’t ignore her just like what others would probably do. He smiled perfectly and said the words he wanted to tell her earlier.

Let’s be friends.

 

 

 

She scratched her head with an odd expression on her face. She tried to explain him that she was still learning Korean. It made Key giggle. He repeated himself.

Let’s be friends. 

This time, it was in English. He was able to learn many things about Amber in just one day. Even with the grammar mistakes of his and the corrections of hers. In just an instant, they were friends.

Months passed quickly. Key will finally debut. He will debut with his fellow trainees, no, not fellow trainees, but with his friends. They will be called as SHINee. Amber was more excited than any of them. They’ve been waiting for this.

The day finally came. Their debut performance, May 25, 2008. Amber was in the SM Ent building, watching them. She was busy practicing but she still wanted to support Key even just watching him dance in the television.

Noona, you’re so pretty. 

Amber never failed to laugh whenever she remembers how Key would change the lyrics to “Amber, you’re so pretty” and practice the song with her. And now, it was really happening.

He did great. 

She said in her mind. There were a lot of flashing of lights and the boys finally got back to the building. Key run to her and went for a big hug. He believed that Amber needed to know what he’s feeling that moment and he could express it with a hug. Amber felt it. They were both happy. Amber wanted to replay that moment.

Yunhanam. Amber watched the first episode. And the next. She doesn’t know why. But she felt jealous. She felt jealous at watching Key having a date with a noona. But she had no rights to feel jealous. She’s not even his girlfriend. She should just get over it.

Noona, you’re so pretty. No, it’s supposed to be Amber, you’re so pretty. 

Amber would randomly change the lyrics herself. She doesn’t want to get jealous or hurt.

How was the date? 

How can she even ask him that? It felt uncomfortable for Key to hear that from Amber.

So-so.

Yunhanam. She never forgets to watch that show. Yet, she still feels a little jealous every time the other boys say that the noona was Key’s ideal type. She had no right to feel jealous. But if she feels something different for him, for Key, she has all the rights. Still, she wasn’t sure.

You’re Like Oxygen. It was the next title song of SHINee. Key felt something good in the song, same goes to Amber. They were thinking the same. Their minds are linked. SHINee was finally promoting the song. Amber was still monitoring him.

You’re Like Oxygen. 

September 18, 2008, it was Amber’s birthday. The song topped the chart. It was number one. It made all of them cry. It was amazing. They felt wonderful. It was the moment that they would never forget.

You’re Like Oxygen.  

Amber said to herself. Key was like oxygen to her. If Key was alright, it will make her alright. If Key is sad, Amber is sad. Amber breathes the air that Key breathes. They were linked.

Key found Amber standing by the door of the practice room. She knew Key would come looking for her. He ran for a hug again. It took them a long moment before letting each other go. It was hard for both of them to let go.

You cried. I cried. 

Amber’s words were clear as a glass. Then she added a smile. The smile that Key loves the most. That was what Key wanted to see. It gives him butterflies in his tummy. It felt weird. It felt good weird.

Happy Birthday.

 

He said with a huge smile on his face. Amber was shocked. 

I thought you… 

I can never forget.

 

Amber’s birthday is something Key couldn’t miss. September 23, 2008. Key’s special day. Key’s birthday. Amber treated him to dinner or at least a meal while practicing. It didn’t matter what Amber did for him. Spending that day with Amber was already enough.

SHINee then started promoting another song. A.Mi.Go.

Loving a Beauty Will Make You Suffer. 

Key didn’t believe that. For he was already in love with Amber. And for him, Amber is a beauty. Amber didn’t make him suffer. Or maybe, not yet. But he didn’t stop himself from falling more deeply. He just kept giving in and stayed close to her. To Amber.

Amber was the same. Yes, she knew to herself. She was in love. She was in love with Kim KiBum. Key is a beauty. Key didn’t make her suffer. Or maybe, not yet. She can never stop now. She can never stop loving him. Now that it has gone deeper than she expected it to be.

SHINee’s semi-hiatus after promoting A.Mi.Go. They were still working overseas so it can never be called a break. While Key and the other SHINee boys are advancing themselves overseas, Amber was already signing a contract. She is going to be part of a girl group, F(x). It was a perfect name.

As soon as she signed the contract, she called Key, even if it’ll cost her a little more than the usual, she still did. She wanted to tell him first. Key was that special.

Oppa, I’m now part of f(x)! 

That’s great!

And they had this tiny sweet conversation.

Do you miss me? 

I think. 

Well, I miss you. 

Amber couldn’t respond to what Key said. She felt much better than before. It was better than the contract signing. It was all worth calling. She hung up. Key wasn’t upset. He just wanted to tell her that he missed her.

 

[to be continued...]

..........

waiting for comments... who had read this? hahah

if the comments are good, I'll post the 2nd part

please be nice to me... been away for too long