Attempt

Take Down A Man

Jung Byunghee or people usually call G.O (Ji-O) is a man with enthusiasm. Living as a son of two successful people in Korea has made him as famous as a celebrity. His ability to capture girls' heart cannot be doubted. Therefore, women and night time are practically his life.
However, G.O isn't all about hedonism. His Dad is the owner of a company and that made him as the next chairman. G.O doubted his own self. He knew that his high intelligence brain isn't enough to run the whole massive company. His dad must ask him about having a partner to run the company just like his mom and dad.

G.O never had a girlfriend. A real one, if he might say. Women are for flings, he used to think. G.O could jump from one girl to another in just a week. It has been his bad habits since he went studying in US. Just as he came back to Seoul to help his parents running their company, G.O's mother has been terribly fed up with his 'one-night-stand' fling.
That's why his father sent out a petition to him, "Jung Byunghee needs to find a woman he'd marry to in order to be the next chairman before he turned 26."

"Dammit!" G.O took the last sip of his one-shot alcohol.
"Calm down, Jung-goon! It's only a woman. You can pick whoever you like. It's like hundreds of girls are waiting for you to propose them." His best friend, Seungho patted his shoulder then pointed out the dance floors which were hectic with lights and peoples.
"Yeah," he chuckled. "A woman, I'd marry to." G.O gulped another shot. His alcohol-tolerance is kind of high, so he didn't really care how much he already drank since he never really got drunk or hangover. Indeed G.O is a man with manner, he can't come home looking all drunk. But at least, can't he make an exceptional for today? His mind was beyond messed up. "I'm not gonna go home today." G.O said with eyes nailed at his empty glass.
Seungho who just finished his last bottle of Mekju blurted, "Huh? Where'll you go then? Your mom keeps your apartment key."
"To your place." G.O's eyes gazed straight into Seungho's.
"Wait, wait! Na'ah! No! No way!" Seungho nodded his head not in an agreement.
G.O's face gradually turned into puppy alike. He would never show this aegyo to other person beside his best friend, Yang Seungho. "Jebaaal... Only for tonight. So I can sort this thing out faster. Come on, Seungho-ssi."
"Tschk," Seungho scoffed. "Whatever." He then left his best friend frozen in his place while he just walked into the dance-crowd, joining the fun.

**

 

 

The Cafe has been busy all day long. Since summer is going to come to an end, an Ice-cream Cafe along the street has always been crowd. So has Jooyeon’s family cafe. Like rumours said, Jooyeon’s cafe or it named, Lee’s Cafe, serves one of the flavorous and most delicious gelato in Seoul. People come from 9AM to 9PM, queuing to taste Lee’s Cafe rainbow gelato. The Gelato has a mix of strawberry, chocolate, and mint. That’s why some say the gelato feels amazing in tongue and delicious as well.
Jooyeon, the first born child in the family, was extremely busy taking orders from the costumers. She wrote down their orders then went straight to the ice-cream counter. Her hands ran through the gelato’s boxes, she took a scoop of the flavour then mixed them in a cup or cone.
“One cheesecake gelato is ready,” Jooyeon shouted from the counter and let the other waitres took it.
“Jooyeon-ah, you can leave now. It’s not that crowd anymore.” A woman about sixty years-old with almost-white hair beamed at her.
“Aniyo, eomma. I’m okay. I’ll leave at 8PM straight.” Jooyeon gave a slight hug to her mom then continued scooping out the gelatos.
“Alright, use your Dad’s car. So, you don’t have to take the bus at night.” Her mom went back to the cafe’s kitchen and left her daughter with new costumers.

 

“Can I help you, sir?” Jooyeon greet the costumer in a friendly way.
The costumer seemed a bit picky, then he pointed the biggest picture on the menu, “Can I have one rainbow gelato, please?”
“Right away, sir.” The freeze air caressed Jooyeon’s hand as she took a scoop of strawberry gelato.
She was about to mix the three flavour of gelatos until her costumer suddenly spoke out, “Jooyeon-ah?”
“Ne?” she look straight upon her costumer’s face, “Seungho-ya?”
“Yes!!!” Seungho widely smiled. He was finally right-guessing the woman in front of her. She’s definitely Jooyeon, his mid-school friend.
“Oh-my-gawd! It’s been a long time!” Jooyeon placed her hands on then cupped her own cheek. It was pretty startling to see his mid-year best friend who has been overseas for too long, stood right in front of her.
“Yes, of course. How are you?” Seungho let out a polite question.
“Fine. How are you? How was States?” Jooyeon took out a cone then placed Seungho’s rainbow gelato on it.
However, the queuing was long enough to make another costumer behind Seungho complained, “*cough* can you plese move, if you have ordered?” A woman with a five-year-old girl said.
Both Seungho and Jooyeon chuckled in unison as Seungho walked away from the counter, aiming to an empty table.
Jooyeon put off her apron, her plan to help the cafe until 8PM has canceled as one of her old friend came visiting her. Right, Seungho has been one of her best partner in crime since mid-school.

“So, How’s life?” First question came out from Seungho.
“Me? Well, my life has been around the cafe and modelling.” Jooyeon sipped her milktea. “And you Yang-goon?”
“Pfft,” he scoffed. “Nothing special, actually. Since I came to Seoul life has been boringly bored. I joined my friend’s company as one of its employee. But, I don’t get promotion up until now. So, yeah, boring.” Seungho chuckled to his own story. He honestly was glad to find Jooyeon at this time. She could hear his complaints from A to Z without getting weary. That’s what they always do back then. Seungho could only hope that nothing would’ve changed between them. “Anyway, modelling? Did I miss a lot?”
“Yes. I guess I can say, i’m a model now. Freelance actually. And I work for a magazine too.”
“Wow! That’s amazing. Can’t believe the Jooyeon I know has turned into a pretty model.” Seungho leaned on his back on the chair. “Magz? Which magazine?”
“It’s Vogue Korea.” Jooyeon chuckled as her phone vibrated.

An Incoming Call...

“Seungho, wait a minute. I have to take this.” Jooyeon took out her phone from her old washed-jeans.

“Yoboseyo?”

“It’s 8PM already? Where the heck are you? We’re meeting the client now! NOW!” Jungah, her co-worker from the magazine reminded her about the last appointment of theday; MEETING A CLIENT.

“CRAP! Dammit! Wait up, i’ll be right there.” Click. Jooyeon hung up on her.
She feverishly aimed to her seat then found Seunho sat absentmindedly.
“Whaddup?” He asked.
“Soory, Seungho-ssi. I have a meeting right now. I’ll meet you another time.” Jooyeon gulped the last sip of her milktea, “and leave your number on the cashier. I’ll call you. Annyeong” Jooyeon grabbed her sling-bag and still managed to bow.

“!” Jooyeon cursed as she hopped into her car. Never in her life’s history she’s late to an appointment. She cursed her phone for not reminding her about the appointment. She must be really really late.
Jooyeon stepped hard on the gas, her eyes nailed to the road. Her car was riding widly fast along the street, making car honks everywhere.
“ it, i’m late!” mind her temper, Jooyeon is a type of girl who easily got panic. So, there she is, chasing down the time to get into her next stop.

Jooyeon randomly parked the car. She put on her deep red lipstick on lips and thick eyeliner on her eyes. She doesn’t care if Jungah would totally complain about her looks tonight; stripped-tee, black-denim bolero, -colored trousers, and a pair of brown pump-heels.
She took out her phone. “10 missed calls? Dammit!” she murmured under her breath.

Truthfully, Joyeon never really like pump-heels. They’re torturing her legs. She’d rather wear her converse or her red Nike with a pair of patterned legging. Jooyeon could swear that her pump-heels obstructed her for doing her half-walk-half-run.
“ID Card please?” A man with all-black suits welcomed her in front of a night-club. From outside, the club looks all glamorous and modern. She could see there’s a long line beside her, waiting to get into the club. Fortunately, her new client is a VIP guess in here. So, she could easily slip into the club with the VIP door enterance.

“Geez, Jooyeon-ah! Thank God, our client hasn’t arrived yet. What the did you do? Tasting a new flavor of gelato?” Jungah nagged out soon as she found her co-worker on the enterance door.
“Shut up and let me heave a breath.” Jooyeon fixed her hair. Her feet were numb as the pump-heels were hurting her along her way to the club. “These are trash!” She cursed on her shoes then put them off on the empty hall.
“What are you doing? Put them back, they’ll come soon.” Jungah watched her friend jumping around without shoes on the hallway. It was empty actually but she was worried sick what if their client suddenly walked through the hall.

As Jooyeon still felt the floors’ cold on her feet, a man in suit were walking into the hall. He was talking to his phone, “Yes, Mom. I have a meeting now. Can we talk about this marriage tomorrow...” “...Okay, i’m hanging up. Bye, love you too.” Click.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jungah-ssi.” The man bowed soon as he saw Jungah on the hallway.
Jooyeon startled realizing that her client was already stood in front of her. “My shoes,” she mumbled.
“O...oh, annyeonghaseyo Byunghee-ssi.” Jungah bowed as Jooyeon managed to slip into her pump-heels.
“Annyeonghaseyo,” she followed Jungah.
“Did you just...?” Byunghee somewhat saw what Jooyeon just did “...put back your shoes?”
“A...ah, yes. I’m really sorry. The heels were hurting my feet a bit.” Jooyeon was ashamed of what she did earlier. She mentally cursed herself.
“Sorry for the inconvinient, Byunghee-ssi. May we start talking about our plans?” Jungah apologized as she hardly changed the topic, saving Jooyeon from another emberassment.
“Just call me, G.O if you don’t mind.” He gestured Jungah to follow him to the room he has prepared.

Well, Jooyeon could only follow him too. Besides, she was the one who made the whole presentation.

 

 


Author Note: My dear readers. It's one shot. I believe so. But the next part will be coming soon. But I promise it wont take longer than 2 days. Thank you