Chapter Two

Monster

A/N: Hello! I am back with Chapter Two! I hope you all like it! Poster was made by UnicornHepHap :D

Chapter Two

"Are we ready to go?" Kris asked his team. They nodded and started picking up the bags of supplies. Kris picked up his bag and so did Chanyeol.

"Let's move. Suho, you leading?" Kris asked his co-leader. Suho nodded and moved to open the warehouse door. He looked out into the morning scenery, which was shards of broken buildings and glass. He saw that the coast was clear, looked back over his shoulder and nodded. The group started moving, one by one, out into the bright daylight. Kris' ears were perked for any sudden sounds while walking. He kept his guard up and looked around him. He saw even more broken buildings than the last time he was out here, and he could smell the faint scent of oil and charred pieces of fallen timber. They were here. The Company's soldiers were here not too long ago. Kris' eyes widened.

Quickly, he made his way over to the front of the group where Suho was leading. He put a hand on his shoulder, telling him to stop. Suho turned face to face with Kris, a look of question in his eyes.

"Do you smell that?" Kris whispered. Suho sniffed the air a bit and his eyes widened, just like Kris'.

"They were here?!" Suho whispered in disbelief. Kris nodded.

"Might still be. Keep on your toes." Kris told him and turned to Chanyeol, who had followed him to the front. Chanyeol saw the look in Kris' eyes and nodded, keeping his guard up. Everyone else overheard Kris and Suho's conversation and put their guard up.

Suddenly, Kris heard a thump of a metal boot. The sound was unmistakable.

"GET DOWN!" He heard Luhan shout and, as if on que, guns started going off, shooting right past their heads. Kris saw an opening behind a half-fallen building. He grabbed Chanyeol's arm and shouted at his team.

"Over there! Go, go, go!" He yelled for them to go. He stopped Lay suddenly.

"Take Chanyeol." Kris passed Chanyeol to Lay as he nodded. "D.O., Tao, Xiumin, Luhan." Kris ran over to where the group was hiding behind the building. "I need you guys to help me take them down. D.O., I will distract them by flying. You will then use your earth powers. Tao. Your job is to use your time control. Xiumin, by the time D.O. sets them off balance, freeze them. Luhan. After he freezes them, you and Sehun will shoot them like there is no tomorrow." They all nodded at Kris' orders.

"Suho, can you bring out some water for Xiumin's frost?" Kris asked his co-leader. Suho nodded and took out his pouch of water that he always kept with him. He brought the water out with the flick of his wrist and splashed it on the ground, so that it spilled in front of Xiumin.

Kris looked above him at the sky. He hovered his hand over the dragon-shaped ring on his right hand and, immediately, left the ground. He flew up above everyone so that he could see the eight-foot tall soldiers. He flew close to both of their faces so that he got their attention. Their big, metal heads turned to look at him but he just flew between them. He had their full attention.

"Now, Tao!" Kris shouted and a few moments later, he could feel the soldiers slowing down as time slowed down around them.

"D.O.!" Kris yelled and looked down at D.O. bringing his foot down to the ground, sending a small earthquake in the direction of the soldiers. They lost their footing under the shaking ground and would've fallen over if it wasn't for Xiumin's frost, freezing them in their place. Kris waited a minute.

"Now, Luhan!" He shouted to the boy below. In that moment, he heard machine guns firing and bullets hitting steel.

In about fifteen seconds or so, Luhan and Sehun stopped firing. The smoke cleared away and Kris saw that the frost had broken into shards on the ground. The soldiers collapsed, finally, and broke apart, armor scattering on the hard ground. Kris landed and walked over to his group. Chanyeol ran up and hugged him.

"I'm so glad you're safe." Chanyeol whispered in the older's ear. Kris wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's thin waist. Chanyeol let go of Kris a bit as they walked behind the building to get their bags. Kris slung the bag he was carrying before over his shoulder and let go of Chanyeol so he could do the same.

"Let's move." Suho told everyone as he picked up his bag. Kris nodded and everyone else picked up their bags and followed. Kris lead the way this time with Suho and Chanyeol behind him. He searched the air for some sort of smell that could be connected with the soldiers, but didn't find anything. He still kept his guard up but moved on, nonetheless.

He kept moving, stopping to check on the air or to search the land around him. He didn't hear anything out of the ordinary since the attack. The team had gone past many broken buildings and rubble, so, when the buildings dissipated, the group was face to face with a massive clearing. Kris could see a very tall structure in the far off distance.

"Let's trek it." Kris ordered his team. They nodded and everyone started moving.

"Suho," Kris called Suho over to him. Suho jogged up to the other leader and looked at him.

"What to you think that is?" He pointed in the direction of the structure. Suho followed the direction Kris was pointing and let his gaze fall on the object in question. Suho looked at it for a long time before turning back to Kris. Suho was about to say something but, Luhan came up next to the two.

"A spire." Luhan stated looking at said object. Kris looked at him, questioningly. Suho mirrored the look.

"A tapering conical or pyramidal structure. This one, I feel, is protruding magic. And power. I sense it, and I have never felt anything like it. It seems different from the power and magic that we are used to." Luhan explained to the two leaders. It took a.while for Kris to process this information in his head.

"Is it bad magic? Like dark?" Suho asked the telepathist. Luhan had a concentrated look on his face as he looked at the spire.

"Bad magic. Definitely." Luhan said after a moment. Suho nodded, numbly. Kris was curious about the building. What did it have in it? The Company?

"Can you tell what's in it?" Kris questioned and Luhan nodded. Luhan concentrated for a moment. He seemed to be having trouble sensing what was in the spire. Then, he collapsed.

"Ugh!" Luhan shouted, clutching his head. Suho's eyes widened and the rest gasped as they immediately stopped walking.

"Lulu!" Sehun yelled, running over to his lover. Sehun kneeled in front of Luhan and put his hands over Luhan's. Luhan looked up at his with the saddest expression Sehun's ever seen.

"AH!" Luhan started screaming. Sehun's face showed a horrified look as his eyes darted over to their team's healer, Lay.

"Yixing! Help him!" Sehun shouted over Luhan's screams. Lay rushed over to the pair, looked at the state Luhan was in, and shot Sehun a look.

"Someone get me a pillow and a cold wash cloth. Now!" Yixing ordered. Chen quickly got a pillow while Xiumin fetched a cold wash cloth. Chen handed Yixing the pillow and Xiumin handed the wash cloth to him, too.

"Thank you, Jongdae. Xiumin." He acknowledged them. He put the pillow under Luhan's head, that was in Sehun's lap, and laid the wash cloth on his forehead.

Lay hovered his hands over Luhan's forehead. He made a concentrated face and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Whoever did this fired a mind confusion spell, but," Lay explained, then stopped as he pulled a black substance out of Luhan's head. Everyone gasped again. "I got the spell out of his head. That's what this is." He pointed towards the substance hovering just above his hand. He put the substance in his pouch and looked up at everyone. "He will be out for a bit. He should wake up soon. For now, we should find a place for a hideout." Lay told the family. Kris nodded and started searching for a place to rest. His search was stopped when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Chanyeol standing there.

"It looks like we have a force greater than the Company on our hands." Chanyeol stated staring into Kris' eyes. Kris took a step foward and hugged Chanyeol tight. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Kris' abdomen and breathed a sigh.

"I hope we can defeat them, Yeollie. I don't want to lose you." Kris whispered into Chanyeol's ear.

"I know, Kris. I hope so, too."
 -----

A/N: Hello again! Did you like this chapter? I hope so! I hated doing that to Luhan... :( Sorry Lulu! Anyway! I will be back soon with the next chapter! Until then!