Chapter One: The Backstory

Monster

A/N: Hey! welcome to the first chapter of Monster!! Enjoy~ ^^ I didn't know if this should be rated because of language (This story has swears :O) If you guys think so then could you tell me? Thank you!! ^^ Thank you to all the people who subscribed just to the foreword :D I love you all! Credit to UnicornHepHap for the poster and background!! (Yay! I got the background up! ^_^) She is amazing!!!

Chapter One

"Holy ." A sleep-infused male voice muttered. There was a series of loud cracks as the male started to get up. This stirred the person next to him. The other let out a loud huff.

"What time is it?" Another male voice asked. There were thumps of boots on the concrete floor as the first male got up and started walking.

"About six." The first male voice paused. "In the morning." He finished, an overhead light flicking on as he answered. The light revealed eleven boys, including the one who the light, making twelve. The boys ranged from the ages of 23 to 18 and were either Korean or Chinese.

"What the hell, Baekhyun!? Why can't you let us sleep and turn your light off?!" A Korean-looking boy with a lisp complained, covering his sleepy eyes from the harsh light. The first boy, Baekhyun, glared at the other.

"You know what we all have to do today, Sehun. Let's just get up and get it over with." Baekhyun walked over to said boy and kicked him lightly.

"Baekhyun's right. C'mon guys, get your lazy asses up." A guy with red hair started to get up. Standing up straight, the red head practically glared at everyone.

"Don't make me have to pour ice-cold water all over all of you." He threatened and everyone seemed to get up quicker. They all knew he would follow through with his threat. Most of the boys were up and walking around, but there was one boy, or should we say giant, that was still lying down, half-asleep. The red head went over to him and kicked him a bit. There was a boy next to him, trying to wake him up.

"Hey, Kris! Get up! We have work to do." The red head yelled at the giant. Said guy stirred a bit, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. The boy next to him held his hand and pulled him up so he was standing.

"Geez, Suho. Why are you always so rude in the morning? You know, I'm not a morning person." Kris looked at the red head in front of him, eyes fully awake. Suho sighed.

"Sorry, Kris, but we have a mission to accomplish. You of all people should understand and be ready." Suho told him, sincerely. Kris grumbled, but nodded nonetheless.

"I am ready. And I always will be ready." Kris mumbled as Suho walked away. The boy next to Kris put a hand on his shoulder and he immediately felt more relaxed.

"Thanks, Yeol." Kris kissed the boy, Chanyeol, on the cheek. Chanyeol smiled and started walking with Kris in tow.

"We need to pack up everything. We know that the Company is coming for us, and we can't take all of their soldiers down at once. We need to leave before they get here." Suho explained to everyone. Kris moved so that he was beside his co-leader. Then, he started giving out orders.

"Baekhyun, Tao. Get as much food as you can into bags before it's time to leave." The pair scurried to the kitchen with a few fabric bags in each hand.

"Luhan, Sehun. Gather as many weapons as you can, sort them out, then give the same amount to everyone. Don't forget the ammo." He ordered and they went off to search the other rooms of the warehouse.

"Chen, Lay. Get the clothes packed up." They nodded and ran off to a certain room in the warehouse.

"Kai, Xiumin. Pack up the blankets and pillows. Then, pack up everything from the first-aid kit and anything else that you think would help." Both of them got to work right away. Kris sat down on the concrete with the wall behind him. Suho and D.O., his partner, supervised the groups of boys. Chanyeol came over and sat next to Kris. Kris sighed, his head falling back onto the wall. They would be leaving soon. His and Suho's group would be leaving their only home.

Kris had developed their group of twelve, the UnWanted, when he was shunned out of his town. He was younger then; only about 17. Society had changed drastically from the time he was shunned out, to time that he turned eighteen. At least 55% of the population of the whole world was wiped out in that little span of time. Also in that little span of time, he found Suho in the same condition as himself; battered and torn. He found out Suho was like him and they seeked out and searched for more people like them. In one year, he and Suho found their team of 11. They were searching more and more and Kris came upon the beauty that was Chanyeol. He found him in the ruins of the city of Seoul. He took him in and cleaned him up and soon enough, Kris and Chanyeol were a couple. Every time Kris and Chanyeol were together, which was always, they would be showing affection. Chanyeol was Kris' everything; his life. He loved him with all his heart.

The Company had developed right after the chaos was set out. They were known for the chaos that destroyed society. The Company had a goal to wipe out every living, breathing soul from Earth. They wanted to make a new race that didn't make mistakes, that were controlled mentally by the Company's computer cronies.

The only thing standing in the Company's way is the UnWanted. Kris had come face to face with the Company once. Only once. And barely got out alive. Kris almost lost his family of 12 that day. Yes, the group was like family, being together for about 5 years.

Chanyeol's voice suddenly interrupted Kris' thoughts.

"What are you thinking about, Wu Fan?" Chanyeol asked him as he saw his lover deep in thought. Kris looked at him and sighed.

"I was thinking about the past, and the future. I was thinking about the Company and about the family." Kris gestured to everyone. Chanyeol nodded slightly.

"I was thinking about the first time I saw you; how beautiful you looked, even though your clothes were torn and battered. And about how vulnerable you looked, how I wanted to protect you from there on out. It's a promise that I made to myself." Kris slid his arm around Chanyeol's waist and pulled him in close. Chanyeol snuggled into Kris.

"What do you think will happen?" Chanyeol asked Kris. Kris looked at all the members of his family. They were all smiling despite what was going on in the outside world. Baekhyun and Tao were laughing together, Sehun and Luhan were holding hands and sorting out different weapons, Chen and Lay had brought out all the clothes and were stuffing them in different bags while laughing, Kai and Xiumin were running around looking for different things to put in the first-aid kit and Xiumin stumbled, making Kai laugh at him before helping the other up, and Suho decided to give D.O. a piggy-back ride. They were one, big family.

"Anything could happen but, there's only one thing I know for sure. The Company will not break up this family. Our family."
 -----

A/N: Hai! Did you guys like the first chapter? I have already started writing the second chapter! (I'm already about half way finished with it.... but, I can't neglect my other story either!) I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^^ Until the next chapter!~