My story of how I found love

The Story Of How I Found Love

Love is a strange thing. It's something that comes to you by surprise, you never expect it and you never know when it's going to get you but when it does, it's powerful. 

 

I had never experienced love since my eighteen years of living, and I'm not talking about love that comes from family or friends. No, I'm talking about the kind of love that two people feel for each other, the kind of love that makes you feel as if you never want to let go of that one person, the kind of love that makes you think what you ever did before you met that person. A person that you always want to hang around with, talk to, listen to, just be with every single day. 

 

Sure, I had girlfriends before but I never loved them, they were just simple crushes and they seemed to like me back, I never asked them to be my girlfriend, it just happened to be that way and I went with the flow. 

 

But those relationships never went well. They didn't even last a month, and they were the ones that broke up with me. I don't blame them though. I never showed proper interest in them and they always seemed to want things from me, such as presents or get matching couple things but who'd want to do that? Certainly not me. I wasn't that type of person. It was just too cheesy for my liking. And why do I need to wear couple things with a person to show that I liked them or that we were together? The world didn't need to know that we were together. 

 

But that was the problem. 

 

None of those girls I went out with we're ones that I wanted to shout out to the whole entire world that we were together. And that's how I knew they weren't the ones for me. 

 

I never really thought about love, or finding a person, or being with a person. 

 

That is until I entered Woolim Entertainment as a rookie. 

 

I didn't know it straight away. No, it took me two years until I found out about my feelings for this special person. 

 

I still remember the first day I met them, the way their eyes sparkled as they talked, the way this person smiled so brightly up at me as they were greeting me. My mind told me straight away to protect this innocent looking person and that's what I did. I was always there when needed and when wanted during our trainee days. I was there when they needed a shoulder to lean on, I was there when they needed someone to practise with or when needed to be taught, I was there when they were tired, I was there when they wanted to hang out. I was always there and will always be there. 

 

The happiest moment of our lives came when we both had found out that we would debut, together, in a group called Infinite. Infinite. I loved our group's name, it symbolised an eternity or maybe even beyond that. It meant never ending which made me hope for the best. 

 

It wasn't all great though. We had hard times, a lot of conflicts between the group but we still pulled through. During those days when our debut was coming closer and closer, nervousness filled my system but that person was there. 

 

"Since you always helped me, just remember I'll always be here to help you too." that's what this person told me. 

 

And that's when I knew. I knew this person was the one. The problem was that this person, was a guy. 

 

I didn't think I'd fall for a guy, I never saw it coming but like I said before, love comes unexpectedly. It didn't matter which gender you fall for, and you can't exactly help it and that's what happened to me, I feel for Sungjong. 

 

I had to hide it though. Only because I didn't want to ruin our friendship and we weren't just friends anymore, we were co-workers, we were in a group and if we did happen to be together but break up, it'd not only affect us but the whole entire group so of course I couldn't let that happen. 

 

I tried my hardest to not let my actions show how I feel but sometimes I couldn't help it. The group always questioned how I always seem to play around with Sungjong and want to kiss him during fan signings but my excuse was "It's just fan service" and that always seems to work. 

 

Until one day... 

 

**

 

"Hyung, do you like me?" 

 

"What?" 

 

"Cz I like you and it hurts me whenever you say it's just fan service whenever it seems like you want to kiss me. If you want to, just kiss me. I don't care who sees."

 

Without hesitation I moved forward and locked our lips together in a passionate kiss. It was the best first kiss I've ever had and I was happy that it was with him. I could feel his hands slowly moving around my neck to pull me closer while I secured my arms around his small waist. 

 

"What is this?!" a loud voice made us both move away from each other in the speed of light and when we looked over at the direction where we heard the voice, we were startled to see the rest of Infinite by the doorway of my bedroom, looking at us in shock. 

 

There were troubles from then, us not being allowed to be together. It wasn't that any of the guys were homophobes, it's just work, you know? They didn't want to jeopardise our group if anything bad ever happened, not that they wished anything bad on us, but just incase. We had just debuted nearly a year and a half ago, we were still new and we still had so much ahead of us so we understood where they were coming from. 

 

I was still close to Sungjong, we hanged out as normal, even went out by ourselves to eat and such, this was our take in dates. The others allowed it, they said it was okay just as long as we don't make out or make us to be an official item. 

 

I think we were just stuck. Stuck in this constant spot where we could not move forward. We weren't friends but we weren't boyfriends, we're we just co-workers? I kept thinking this over and over again until I couldn't take it anymore. 

 

I had called all the managers and the Infinite members, that includes Sungjong of course. What I said next shocked the others, even Sungjong. 

 

"I want to be with Sungjong and if that means leaving Infinite to be able to do so, then that's what I'll do. I'll quit Infinite. I'm sorry, guys. But I want to be with him."

 

"Myungsoo hyung, think about what you're saying. Everything is fine." Sungjong was the first to speak. 

 

"Don't lie to me. You aren't happy, I know this." 

 

Sungjong tried to smile brightly to convince me but it didn't. He went towards me and held my hands, taking me away before saying to the others that we would need a moment. 

 

** 

 

"Hyung, don't be like this. This is fine." 

 

"No. It isn't."

 

"Hyung..."

 

"Sungjong, can't you see that we can't be properly together like this? Don't tell me your happy to be stuck like this forever? I'm scared." I blurted out. 

 

"Scared? Of what?"

 

"You'll stop liking me and just forget about me."

 

"I wouldn't."

 

"How would you know?"

 

"Because it's hard to forget your first love. You'll always have those feelings for them."

 

I looked at him in surprise. "Y-you love me?" 

 

He nodded. I smiled. I cupped his face and pecked his lips quickly. 

 

"I love you too."

 

"You better!" 

 

We both laughed out loud and hugged each other. I bought my forehead and leaned it on his, smiling as I closed my eyes in content. I just wanted to stay this way forever, with him in my arms. 

 

I heard someone clear their throats and I looked over at the doorway to see Sunggyu. 

 

"Come out and let's talk for a moment." he had said to both of us. 

 

I breathed out, so nervous at what would happen now. 

 

"You acted too rashly." Sungjong whispered to me. 

 

"Hey, it got you to confess your love to me so it's all good." I whispered back, earning a small bump of the shoulder from him and a scoff which made me smile. But my smile quickly faded when I saw the managers and members sitting on the floor of our living room. I sat down on the floor with Sungjong next to me, I entwined our hands together to show them that I'm not planning to not be with him. Sungjong was a little bit uncomfortable with the situation, I could tell, he didn't want me to leave the group just because of this but I didn't just want to be whatever we were before. Not that I hated it, I just wasn't happy with our unsure label. 

 

"Myungsoo, Sungjong, you two can date." said our manager. 

 

"What?!" I asked in surprise. 

 

"You two can date. Hoya can swap with Myungsoo so you can stay together. Just don't do anything while the members are in the house and control ourselves when in the public. It already looks like as if Myungsoo wants to eat Sungjong most of the time, so keep that to a minimum." 

 

"Minimum?"

 

"You'd still need to show affection for each other since there are fans who ship you two, obviously."

 

"Ah. I see. So we can date?"

 

"Yes. We don't want you to leave Infinite, it'd be a great loss to us." said Hoya and the other members agreed. 

 

I smiled at them. "Yeah~ plus, I am the visual." I said while laughing. 

 

"Aish, look at this kid. Finally has a boyfriend and now he's getting big headed." said Sungyeol jokingly. "You better not forget to do fan service with me! MyungYeol is popular, you know!!" 

 

"Yeah, yeah, okay." 

 

** 

 

And that's how it happened. How our relationship finally started and I'm happy to say that we've been together for the past year or so without any worries. We do argue a little with stressful activities and jealousy (most coming from Sungjong) considering other idols who think of me as their ideal type and such. Maybe I shouldn't have flirted with Suzy in Invincible Youth 2 but the PD noonas said it'd be more interesting like that so that's what I did. Plus, I'm an actor! 

 

"Well, it's a pretty good act. If you can even call it that." is what he said to me. 

 

It took me about two days to assure him that I wasn't gonna go run off with Suzy and leave him. His actions made me chuckle at his cuteness though, and it made me relieved that I wasn't the only one scared about the other running off somewhere so it made us stronger in a way. 

 

** 

 

But the point is that we were together. It wasn't as smooth as I would've liked to start my first proper relationship but in the end, everything happened for the best. We were together, we were still in Infinite, and we were going to be that way for a long time. I'll make sure of it.

 


 

A/N: So I got inspired to write a Myungjong oneshot when I saw videos of Myungsoo and Sungjong in a fansigning and I thought they were incredibly cute and then this story popped in my head and I've been writing it for the past three days and I finally finished it last night before I went to bed so I thought I'd post it up and share it with you guys. I know it isn't the best, I'm not particularly happy with the ending but whatever, I couldn't think of what other things to write on it. Anyway, please tell me what you think. And here are the vids that got me inspired to do a fic about the couple: 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cjf913qph0&feature=context-cha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufdlv69TxyY&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw7jWflLf_M&feature=plcp