Mom... Dad... I'm sorry from L.Joe

Losing Them Both

Later did I know, it already years has passed ever since then. The day I hated the most and wish it won’t come again but there is no way I could do that.

A horrible nightmare came to me.  A nightmare that no one could imagine.

It happens when I was still in middle school, 13 years old. I shed tears every time I heard or think about it. I’ve tried to go on like I never knew about it. I’m awake but my world is half asleep.

Out of all creatures in this world, why would it be me? Losing them both at the same time?

 I thought it was a joked but I realise it wasn’t. I only think this kind of things just happen in a story or dramas but from what I know it wasn’t, I should face reality.

 

I woke up especially pretty early today since I didn’t want to be late again and received all those punishments. I was fixing my tie and take a look again at myself in the mirror and I headed out to see my lovely young mom is on the dining table already.

But my heart was beating fast out of sudden. I ruffled my hair in frustration. My heart usually beating fast than usual when something bad going to happens. Something bad?

I shook all the ridiculous thought in my head out. I shouldn’t be thinking about it. I should think positive. There’s no way something bad going to happen. Never. I thought it in my mind.

I walk over next to my mom and gave her a good morning kiss like usual. I eat my meal as I sat down at the dining table properly.

“Mom, I’m going to stay-back with my friends today. So I might as well going back home late. To study.” I lied. I make a white lied to my mother.

She nodded, “Okay darling and be careful okay?” She pinched my cheek lightly. She trust me and my words easily because she knows I won’t lie but I just did.

 I gladly nod happily but I shouldn’t do that in the first place.

 

I went to school like always, studying and chatting with my best friends. “Are you going today?” one of my friends asks me. I gasped, “…Y-yeah.” I stuttered, suddenly felt guilty for lying at my mother.

They told me a female senior happens to liked me over 2 years which somehow makes me happy when a girl liked a guy like me. She asked to bring me with my friends for a hang out afterschool which is today.

“Just a white lie won’t hurt.” I murmurs.

 After a long studying in the school, it’s time to hang out with the senior like what we planned to. I was intertwining my fingers, patiently waiting for them to arrive. Not long after that the senior who liked me arrive with her friends.

I look up at them, tilting my head with clueless expression. She look at me with a cute smile, happy got to see me and hang out with me.

I waved my hand when she smiles at me. I gave her a small smile, somehow felt not really happy.

So we went to a playground nearby while having a small conversation. They keep on talking but none of the things they talk went into me, like I hear nothing. “Are you feeling alright?”  The senior waved her hand in front me, making me snap from my imagination.

I nodded, telling them I was okay but just tired. She gave me a weird expression because of my sudden change but she just let it go.

I sigh and excuse myself to go home as I feel really bad and strange. I walked home and I startled when a guy who wear all black and a mask covering his face suddenly appear in front me in a rush.

I felt my heart thudded hard against my chest suddenly when the guy in black run passes me. I feel suspicious. “Why he wears black when the weather is this hot?” I talk to myself.  But since it has nothing to do with me, I just ignore it and continue to walk back home.

 

 I was a few meter from my house when I saw many people gather in front of my house, “What’s happen?” I question myself, when people gathering there suddenly. I wonder what kind event they did without me knowing about it.

I walk closer and closer but then I realise there’re two police cars. I gasped; I rush into my house passing through all the people not even bother to say sorry. Some of the police tried to prevent me from brag into but I manage to release from their grip and run into.

I went to the living room but then I saw two dead bodies lying on the floor with blood all over their body. My eyes widened and my body was trembling hard.

I fell onto my knees and sobbed hardly. “Mom... Dad...” I said with my cracked voice. I burst into tears. My tears dropped onto the floor. I still manage stood up and walk slowly toward them, it feel like there’s only the three of us in here which actually there’s many polices here.

I tried to touched them with my bare hand but a hand grab my wrist, stopping me from doing so. I look up and saw my aunt look at me with a painful plus worried expression.

 I release my grip from her and turn back at my parent, “Mom, dad wake up. Don’t sleep here, on the floor. You’ll catch a cold...” I shook their body, tried to wake them up but useless.

She shook her head, “Don’t. They already... dead.” She unwilling to said it and covered , tried to hold her tears back but can’t tears continually fall.

I suddenly felt her words stabbed through my heart. My eyes were flooding. So the guy in black who in a rush just kill my parent. Tears were falling, flowing just like a river. My vision started to become blurring and suddenly felt a headache. I faint; fell unconscious.

 

I slowly open my eyes when it being directly hit by the sun from the window. I sat down and looking around the room. “... Where am I?” I look around and think the room look familiar.

Then I realise I was in the hospital.  “What’s actually happen?” I said. I don’t remember anything. I tried to recall what’s happen before and how I was end up here.

One by one image formed in my head. A bloody tragedy. And what fears me the most is when an image of my parent bloody body. I felt my eyes getting teary and end up crying. “Mom... dad... I’m sorry. I shouldn’t lie to you...” I hugged my legs as tears dropped on my knees.

 

Years had passed since then but I still couldn’t believe the fact that they gone just like that, leaving me behind alone in the huge world.

I now understand why we shouldn’t lie even it just a white lie.

 And I believed that today I’m not going to be alone as the time for me to go is up. This is it, the last time I saw this beautiful world that I can no longer see.

‘Mom, dad wait for me. I’m coming to you in any moment.’

Tears fell down my face as my eyelids started to close. The sound of someone heartbeat stop echoed in the room.

Yes, it’s me.

My heart just stops beating.

I‘m old enough to die and leave this world in peaceful.

 It had been 70 years ever since the accident. I spent my 70 years here, in this hospital, alone.

And I die at the age of 83 years old.

Mom and dad I’m happy that got to see you again.

 

Farewell, beautiful world and hello heaven.