Chapter 9

My Master and I (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ren felt like he couldn’t breathe; he could only watch as Minhyun slowly closed his half lidded eyes and leaned in towards him. Again, he felt the funny feeling he had whenever he’s around Minhyun and he too, closed his eyes. They were only a few centimeters apart when Ren’s phone rang, the sound echoing throughout the whole room.

 

 

They both jumped apart awkwardly at the sound as Ren blushed tomato red and fiddled inside his bag for his phone. Hastily he answered it.

 

“H-Hello?”

 

“Ren! I’m sorry to bother you, but we’re short on people today. Can you come over in 30 minutes?” It was Aron, and his voice was frantic. Ren peeked at Minhyun nervously, unsure of what to do.

 

“You have to do something, right?” Minhyun said. “You can go, I’ll finish up the research.”

 

Ren hesitated, but nodded gratefully at Minhyun. “I’ll be there soon. Bye!” He hung up the phone and started to pack his bags while Minhyun sat beside him and watched. Together, they walked to the front door and Ren put on his shoes.

 

“Um. Well, I have to go now.” Ren mumbled, unable to look at Minhyun in the eye. He turned around to leave, only to stop as Minhyun grabbed his wrist. Surprised, Ren snapped his head around and widened his eyes.

 

“Ren, I have something to tell you. Are you free tonight?” Minhyun asked, gazing intently at Ren. Ren looked down on the floor, embarrassed.

 

“Um, yeah. I’m free tonight.” Ren mumbled shyly. Minhyun smiled slightly.

 

“So tonight at 7. Is that ok?”

 

“Y-yeah.”

 

 

 

 

§

 

 

 

 

 

Ren walked happily into the busy café, where he saw Aron running here and there, sweat trickling down his face. Aron noticed Ren and his face lit up.

 

“Ren! I’ve been waiting! Oh my gosh you won’t believe how crazy this is. I’m like the only chef here!” Aron ran over to Ren, complaining this and that. Ren rolled his eyes in response.

 

“Shouldn’t you be happy? I thought you said your desserts were the best and no one else should make them,” Ren said teasingly to Aron. Aron sighed in defeat.

 

“I was wrong before! Would you please help me? Pretty please?”

 

Ren laughed and put on a devilish grin. “Of course.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter