in which he saved her

You Changed Me
 

Jiyong sighed and shook his head, “Dream..” He muttered as he walked on the street side.

 

“You won't stay like that forever, Ji. You'll grow old. It's either you become a successful wanted criminal, get caught and go to prison, or you can do something better with your life.”

 

He exhaled loudly and fog came out of his mouth because of the coldness. Jiyong pursed his lips and shove hands on his pocket while keeping his head low. As he kept on walking he noticed a familiar figure of a woman running away — tall, thin and long-wavy hair, “Yul?”

 

 His eyes grew wide when he saw she was being  chased by two guys, “!” Jiyong cursed loudly and immediately ran after them. He followed in an alley and quickly grabbed the one of the guy's shoulde. He took a quick punch in the face, “W-watch out!” Without any notice a fist landed on Jiyong's face.

 

A cut appeared on his cheek and on the corner of his lips. Jiyong grunted in pain returned with hard kick on the other guy's stomach. He growled and his lower lip before grabbing the girl's wrist and run as fast as he could.

 

Jiyong run in the corner of the street and pulled her into an old abandoned house, he covered as the two guys who were chasing them passed by. His breath was heavy and he was panting very quickly.

 

Jiyong sighed in relief and glanced at the girl — only to find out she wasn't his sister, “You're not Yul.” He whispered while his hand was still covering .

 

The girl shook her head and watched him growled in annoyance, “Well, . I just got beat up here and I'll get beat up home.”

 

Jiyong stared at the girl and pulled his hand away. He gritted his jaw and nibbled his lower lip, “Hey… Aren't you the girl from the cafeteria? Yoora?”

 

“It's Yoona…” The girl mumbled and looked down.

 

“What the hell are you doing in this kind of place?! Are you that stupid to not know what kind of place is this? And it's dark! Do you know what people in here would do to a weak, dumb girl like you?!” Jiyong shouted in frustration.

 

“I-I'm sorry… I'm new here and I, I honestly don't know. I just wanted to go to the groceries.” Yoona pressed her lips and tried to stop the tears that was forming in her eyes.

 

Jiyong's expression softened when he saw the tears in her eyes, “She was probably traumatized. Oh - Ji, you're such an .” Jiyong thought as he sighed while massaging his temples

 

“Okay, look… Don't cry. It's okay now. I'll just take you home. Where do you live?” He placed his hand on her shoulder and gave it a gentle squeezed.

 

Yoona nodded and wiped the tears on her eyes, “I live in Cheonsoo subdivision… I really don't know how I got here… I-”

 

“Save your breath, doll. I know where that fancy subdivision is. Did being rich made you dumb and bratty? Come on follow me.” Jiyong snickered and turned his back on her. Leading the way and Yoona just followed quietly.

 

* * *

 

Yuri ran her hand through her hair while walking back and forth. She's been calling her brother multiple times but to no avail.

 

“Oh, you are seriously gonna get it.”

 

* * *

 

Yoona got back safely and offered to go inside so she could clean his wounds. Jiyong was awed by the size of her house and the luxurious furnitures inside. He sat on the couch while Yoona went to the kitchen and got him a glass of water.

 

“Here you go. Wait here.”  Yoona smiled softly  and excused herself.

 

 Jiyong nodded and leaned back while he drank his water, “She's no joke. She probably enter our school by special treatment or paying big.” He mumbled to himself.

 

Yoona came back with a first aid kit, she settled it on the table. She grabbed a cotton ball and poured a bit of alcohol before dabbing it around his wound. Jiyong hissed in pain and Yoona whispered a soft apology.

 

“Next time, ask for directions.” Jiyong rolled his eyes at her.

 

Yoona looked up at him and for a quick moment their eyes met. Jiyong noticed how dark and pretty her orbs were, it was soft and it twinkled for some reason. He cleared his throat and turned his eyes away when she suddenly smiled at him.

 

“I'm sorry. I guess I wanted to try things out on my own.”She dab some ointment on the wound of his cheek and the corner of his lips before getting a band aid, and gently put it over the cut on his cheek.

 

Yoona breathe deeply and closed her first aid kit, “But thank you. Thank you for being there.” She smiled and press her lips before nodding.

 

Jiyong blew a raspberry and rubbed his nape before standing up, “Yeah, don't mention it. And I mean don't mention, not to anyone.  I gotta go, Yul must be worried.”

 

Yoona chuckled softly and nodded. Jiyong rolled his eyes while Yoona  accompany him outside. “Thank you so much. Take care, ” She smiled before closing the door.

 

* * *

 

As soon as Jiyong went inside their house a pillow was thrown at his face. He winced at glared at the girl who was also glaring at him.

 

Their stare off continued and Yuri suddenly threw another pillow at him, “Where the hell have you been?!” She marched forward and hit her brother's head.

 

Jiyong turned his head when Yuri walked towards him, trying to hide his wounds. Yuri gasped and held his face, “Did you got into a fight?! You are in a big trouble, mister.”

 

“You're not my mom. And I'm older than you!”

 

“3 minutes doesn't count.” Yuri raised her brow and crossed her arms while her elder twin could only whine.

 

* * *

 

It was officially Yoona's first day in class. She fumbled her fingers and puffed her cheeks while the teacher introduced her into their class, “This is Im Yoona. She's a transferee from USA so please be nice to her.”

 

Yoona smiled and bowed at the students in front of her, “I hope to be friends with all of you.”

 

“Thank you miss Im. You may pick your seat.” The teacher smiled and clapped as Yoona stood up.

 

She gave the teacher a small bow and picked a seat on the last row because it was the only row available. The class went on well for half an hour when a student suddenly walked inside.

 

Yoona's eyes almost budged when she saw Kwon Jiyong entering her class while staring at her. He smirked and turned his eyes away from her.

 

“Nice to have you in class mister Kwon.  I'm sure detention would love to hear why you're late. Please take your seat. As I was saying, you guys will be picking a partner and do a research project about the human brain.”

 

Yoona held her breath as Jiyong sat beside her. She glanced at him and awkwardly  squished her face while watching her classmates pick each other and submit their names — wishing, hoping, and praying that someone would pick her.

 

Yoona glanced again at Jiyong whose eyes were close. Yoona sighed and shook her head before getting a piece of paper. She wrote down their name and submitted it.

 

* * *

 

When the class ended Jiyong was the first one to got out of class and Yoona immediately catch up to him, “Uhm.. Wait! J-Jiyong-ssi!” She called and everybody stared at her.

 

Jiyong stopped his tracks and turned his head towards the girl who was calling him, “Since we're kind of partners in this project… We can talk this out at lunch or-” Yoona suddenly stopped when Jiyong leaned closely.

 

Their nose touching and their lips an inch away from each other, “Just because of what happened last night, does not mean we're close. If you didn't look like my sister, I would probably just let those guys do what they want to you. And I would like to make one thing straight. I don't do projects.” He gave her a sly smile before walking away.

 

*  * *

 

Yoona  sighed and bump her forehead on the table, “This is stupid…”

 

“What's stupid?” A guy's voice suddenly appeared out of now where.

 

Yoona immediately sat up straight, startled by the voice. She looked around and saw Lee Donghae smiling at her with a swollen face, “H-hey… What happened?”  She asked as she moved to give him a place to sit.

 

“Nothing… Just,” Donghae shrugged and chuckled. “What's stupid?”

 

“Did Kwon Jiyong did that?” Yoona stared at him worriedly, “Is it because you helped me?” Her tone suddenly raised because of guilt.

 

“N-no, look, it's not your fault.” Donghae held her shoulder to calm her down and smiled, “Don't beat yourself to it. I'm guessing you're already stressing out on your first day.”

 

Yoona sighed and stared at her Psychology book, “Well, Kwon Jiyong's my partner project in psychology. This is my first project here and I don't want to fail… but he… he doesn't want to work with me.” Yoona buried her face on to her palm.

 

“Just that? I'm glad to help, you know. I like psychology.” Donghae grinned and Yoona glanced at her.

 

She blinked her eyes and suddenly smiled widely, “Really?”

 

“Of course. And I'm pretty sure Yuri can help you too.” Donghae smiled and nodded. Yoona sighed and relief and without any much of a thought he gave him a tight hug.

 

“Thank you! This means a lot!”