in which she goes to school

You Changed Me

 

“Why am so nervous? It's just a school. There's certainly nothing to worry about. Yes, there's nothing to worry about.” Im Yoona murmured to herself. She looked outside the window and bit her lower lip, trying to calm down.

 

“Young miss, we're already here. Will you be alright?” Her driver, Mr. Yu asked worriedly as he glanced at her through the rearview mirror.

 

Yoona gave him a warm smile and nodded, “Yes, Mr. Yu. You don't have to worry about me. I'll be fine, see you at 5.” She gave him a wide grin as she grab her bag and step outside the car.

 

It was all surreal, she have always wanted to study in her home country, to get out of the United States and meet be friends of one of her own people. But now that she's here, she already wants to go back. Yoona gathered all her courage and entered the school, ignoring some students who were whispering and staring at her.

 

* * *

 

It wasn't that hard to find the principal's office. It was actually the first thing you'll see once you enter the building, and Yoona was glad for that. It gave her less of a trouble in getting lost.

 

“We are very very very honored that you've chosen us. We will make sure that you'll feel welcome and everyone will treat you with respect Miss Im,” The principal stood up and walked back and forth.

 

“Please, you can call me Yoo-”

 

“I hope your parents will be glad that you're also staying in our school as well Miss Im.”

 

“I'm sure they will Miss Kim, but please you may call me Y-”

 

“And to make sure you'll be comfortable. You will be in the hands of the student council president. She's very genuine and nice. That's why she's voted  by a lot of students in here, and she's also very well liked by the faculty. Please call on Kwon Yuri.” The principal gestured her secretary to go outside before looking at Yoona.

 

The doe-eyed girl gave her an awkward smile and shrugged her shoulder, “Uhm, I'm very thankful that you're… you're welcoming me very warmly. But I don't want to bother anyone so that they could baby-”

 

“You called Miss Kim?” A tanned girl suddenly peeked her head inside the door and smiled before entering the office.

 

“Yes, Yuri, meet Im Yoona . She's a very special student, so please, I entrust you to take care of her and make sure everyone will treat her right. Specially your brother.” Miss Kim's brows rose as she crossed her arms and smiled at the girl named Yuri.

 

“Sit.” Yoona mumbled to herself and pressed her lips into a thin line. She stared at the two ladies in front of her while blinking.

 

Yuri smiled at Miss Kim before glancing at Yoona. “He won't even lift a finger on her.” She stated.

 

Yoona puffed her cheeks and played with her fingers, “What does that mean?” She mumbled softly so no one would be able to hear.

 

Miss Kim smiled and pat Yuri's back, “Good, now will you please show Miss Im around.”

 

“Certainly!” Yuri grinned and looked at Yoona. She stretched her arm and smiled widely, “I'm Kwon Yuri. You can call me Yul if you want. Come on.”

 

Yoona smiled softly and shook her hand, “I'm Im Yoona. You can call me just Yoona… or Yoong.”

 

Yuri smiled and squeezed her hands softly before nodding, “Yoong. I like it. Come on, I'll show you around.” She chuckled and suddenly pulled Yoona. She gave a small bow to Miss Kim and left their office.

 

* * *

 

On the other side of the school a guy was pinned against the wall by two students while being punched by a blonde guy, while another one was under the tree, leaning against it while his eyes are closed.

 

“Look nerd, do you know how much trouble you got GD into for not doing his homework?” A blonde guy grinned and gave another punch at the poor guy.

 

“You're such a useless .” Another blow.

 

The poor guy groaned in pain, his legs were too weak to carry him and his face was already swollen from all the punches, “I-I'm sorry. J-Jiyong-ssi. Please forgive m-” Without letting him finish the blonde already gave him another hard punch.

 

The red-headed guy under the tree peek one eye open and smirked, he tilted his head and cracked his knuckles before standing up, “That's enough, Seungri. He already said his sorry. Now, step aside.”

 

“Are you sure Ji? I can give him one last blow.” Seungri grinned but slowly stepped aside as Jiyong walked towards them.

 

“You really want to make it up to me?” He smiled as he looked at the guy. His eyes staring right into his while he his lower-lip.

 

“Please…” The guy mumbled as tears travel down his cheeks.

 

“Alright then. Kiss my shoe.” Jiyong motioned his friends to release him. The guy breathe deeply and knelt down in front of him. He looked at Jiyong with pleading eyes before leaning down to kiss his foot.

 

Jiyong smirked and shook his head. As the guy gave his shoe a little kiss his feet was suddenly  on his face. He kicked him hard and smiled at the poor guy. Seungri laughed and crossed his arms, “Stupid.”

 

Jiyong crouched down and took off the guy's broken glasses, “Say anything about this to anyone, specially my sister, I will find you and make sure your life will be a living hell.” He smirked at him and stood up, “I need to go. I can't afford to be late. My sister will yap at me.” His shoved his hands on his pocket before walking away.

 

* * *

 

“So, you're an only daughter?” Yuri asked and chuckled as they walk on the halls.

 

Yoona blew a raspberry and laughed as she shook her head, “ Well, kind of. What about you? You have a brother, right? Is he older or younger?” Yoona grinned at her and Yuri only laughed before sighing deeply.

 

“Well, he's older by 3 minutes and 4 seconds. We're twins, fraternal, so we may not look alike. He's not a boy version of me and I'm specially not a girl version of him. And I thank God for that.”Yuri laughed and patted her face before opening a door for Yoona.

 

“What why?” Yoona laughed and mouthed a small thank you as she went inside.

 

“Well, he's a trouble maker… And you don't want to get on his bad side.” Yuri's faced turned sour as she crunched her nose, “This is the Arts Room. It's rarely used, most of the students in here prefers music or dancing.”

 

Yoona looked around with a amazement in her eyes, she smiled at Yuri and bit her lower-lip, “ Wow, I would love it here. I mean, I really like painting and I prefer quiet places.”

 

Yuri smiled and leaned against the door frame when the bell suddenly rang, “Oh shoot! Yoong, I kind of need to go. I have a meeting, I'll try to catch up at lunch and introduce you to my friends. I'll see you in the cafeteria, I already showed you where it is. You know which way, right?”

 

The doe-eyed girl went towards her and gave her a gentle hug before nodding, “I do and no worries. Go ahead.”

 

“Alright, you're so cute.” Yuri grinned and patted Yoona's cheek before going.

 

* * *

 

“Can I have the black noodle and also a little bit of Kimchi? And I'll also have the strawberry juice, please.” Yoona smiled widely at the sight of the food in front of her. She was really grateful that the line wasn't that long, unlike her previous school in US, where at times she thinks she'll die out of starvation.

 

Her excitement grew as the lady gave her a big bowl of noodles and a plate of kimchi with her drink. She gave a small bow to and thanked the lunched lady before carrying her tray, but it all faded away when she suddenly bumped into a red-headed guy.

 

Her lunch fell from the tray and landed at the guy's shirt down to the top of his shoes.