ENTRY 001: Her Story

Memories of an Arsonist *Hiatus*

 

Her story..

-May 20, 1853-

He can turn everything to ashes. Yes, maybe for now he can feel but as soon as he want to... he can burn and forget everything.

Life is very typical...

Life is boring...

Nothing extraordinary...

Nothing exciting...

Nothing to look forward to...

You'll love, then be hurt, love again and you'll find these repetitive until you can't feel no more.

     These are all the things you can find written at his journal. Obviously, these things are his opinions about living in this world. He just can't understand how other people are so enthusiastic about seeing the sunrise and the sunset. For someone like him who has been living for centuries, he doesn't find anything new at all. Also, to clear your mind, he is no blood monster. Yet, he consider himself maybe a monster but just complete human in appearance except he has abilities to control and create fire and cursed to live immortally. Though I always say to him that of all the monsters "He is the most endearing and beautiful one." . His kind is so called Arsonist. By simply existing I considered him mystical. My happiest days are whenever and wherever I'm with him even I can see that he is not satisfied as much as I am. You can still feel the emptiness in his eyes .If you are asking me "how did he became like this?" Well, unfortunately he always answer the same thing “Because I am cursed.” No more, no less. It took us years just to search for the answer until he has given up and believed that the solution will remain a mystery so it will haunt him as long he is living. Besides of my passionate love for him... for now that is all I can tell about the little things I knew about Cho Kyuhyun.


          

      Seohyun finished reading again one her most favorite and kept treasure. She closed the diary. Yet, she is always left with hundred of questions. Whether the diary is true of such person exists and if it does. Why such saddening and empty emotions are written? Also, why the rest of the pages are remain blank with marks of burned edges and stain of ashes. She badly wants to know the answer but the owner of the diary already passed away decades ago. If you are wondering what is the diary doing in her possession?

      To start her story, Seo JooHyun known as Seohyun is an orphan at the age of 3. Typical as they say, her parents died at the car accident leaving her alone and staying at the old orphanage house. Her life is ain't easy at all for she was maltreated and abused during her stay there. She tried to bear that lifestyle but decided to runaway at the age of 14 and start living in the streets. As expected life outside the orphanage with no place to stay is also difficult. She had to sleep at the corners of the street or near at the dump area while begging strangers for coins to spare. She had endured that kind of life for months without any hatred feeling and stay as positive as she can be. One lucky day an old lady was touched by her pure kind heart and decided to adopt her. She considers herself really blessed and grateful to the lady. She considers it as a new beginning of her life. To show how thankful she is, she helped the old lady at every possible way. She helped her by doing chores, helping in her mini flower garden business and performing errands.

        By her sincere and dedicated actions, the old lady considers herself the luckier one for she has found her. It is not just the favor she is doing what makes the old lady happy but her sweet smiles, childish laugh and giggles, amazing and creative stories she endlessly tells that makes her days meaningful. She knows that Seohyun is a book geek and consider her as an intelligent girl. She always can see the girl always scanning their bookshelf and spend most of her free time reading books. Those things also made her decide to send the young lady at school, the place where people at her age supposed to be. Unsurprisingly, she caught up fast. Eventually, she is now one of the top students of her class. She finished high school and passed certain college entrance exam. Yet, another tragedy stricken her life as the old lady that adopted and treated her like a real daughter health becomes unstable.

         "Hyunnie ah~" the old lady sweetly and weakly called Seohyun.

       She went as fast as she can to know why her foster mother is calling her. She is really worried about her that time beacause of her poor health. The old lady has been sick and bedridden for few weeks that even doctors warned Seohyun that only time will tell. She is ready to go. Still, Seohyun didn't lose hope and believe her Umma still has a big chance of living. It is just morning the sun shone through the window of the old lady's room.

        Seohyun sat beside her bed and asked her urgently "Umma.. waeyo? Do you need something?”

        "Ani. I just want to see you badly." she softly cupped Seohyun cheeks. "You have really grown into a one fine and beautiful lady." she continued tellling her as she fixed Seo's hair.

        "Umma. Stop acting like that. Don't worry you will still able to see me as I graduate into college. As I raise my own family and be as old as you… Umma please don't leave me. I still need you.." She held her foster mother's hand while tears fell in her eyes.

       "Dear, I was supposed to be long gone in this world even before I met you but the Lord has better plans and lend you to me. I am forever thankful for the time he has given me to spend with you. Besides, we both know how strong and independent you can be. My dear child it is not the time we spent together that matters but the feelings and bond we built during that time. Not even death can take that from me neither of you.." She weakly told her and gently wipes away her tears. "And oh about the diary passed me by my great grandmother. Keep it dear. You are just one of the few who took interest and care of it. It might be come handy for future use." She managed to softly giggle.

         Seohyun just look at her. She cannot speak any words. Tears unstoppably fell from her eyes and led Seo to hug her.

         The old lady weakly smiled and hugged her back."Lovely child before everything is too late I want you to know that I am very proud of you. For you never shown any hate or revenge even the world completely turned you down. That even complete darkness surrounded you. You have never drifted in the dark and kept faith in the tiny spark of light. Just keep doing that. Believe on what is right and what your heart tells you what to do. Araso?" the old lady closed her eyes and smiled brightly.

         "Ne.” she answered back weakly. “Umma... Komawo... Saranghaeyo~” She hugged the old lady more tightly and cried harder. She stayed like that for minutes.

         The first person who taught and truly loved her has already left... A lot of people visited at the funeral. They showed their deepest sympathy and condolences for the lady that has been part of their life. Also, because of this Seo realized how kind and generous as a person her umma was. A lot of people loved her mother just like how her umma loved them. Because of this she became more inspired and sincerely grateful to God for knowing the old lady.

        "I guess losing someone you treasure, hurts you the most." She thought to herself. Seohyun is really lucky to have the old lady to adopt her. For even she had passed away she handed over all her properties to her including the house, a remodeled bicycle, a mini garden business and even a bank account that contains sufficient money for Seo's daily and college expenses. When Seohyun found this out, her eyes were drenched in tears and made it miss her a lot more.

 

 

 

------------------------------

Yea. So that's it for my first chapter. I know it might seem lame that after a long period of hiatus I can only update a short chapter. Well, sorry for that guys but this is all I can offer at the moment.To tell you the truth, I already envisioned the whole plot but writing it is a whole another story.BTW I would like to express my sincere gratitude for all those who subscribed. Especially the few people who was with me since I posted this. And an extra thank you for those who gave comments. So yea, I've been ranting quite long.Again, I am not sure when will I update again. So thank you for those who will bear with me :] Lastly, of course comments are highly appreciated.