The Auction

The Vixen

AN: somewhat switches back and forth between Kevin and Kiseop's POV, so I apologize if it seems choppy.


The hostess tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear and smoothed down the front of her dress. Tonight there was a massive crowd, not a seat unoccupied.

Must be some special feline tonight, she thought fleetingly.

With confidence, she walked onto the brightly-lit stage, the heels of her pumps making clicking sounds as she walked. In her hand she held a sheet of paper, containing the obviously coveted Feline's profile. She took the mic from the stand and smiled warmly. Although she couldn't see any of the occupants in the dark room, she knew all eyes were trained on her.

"Good evening. Tonight, we have a very special Kitten for sale."

She glanced down at the sheet as she continued, "his name is Kevin; he weighs approximately one hundred pounds and stands at 5'4. His academic GPA is a nearly perfect 3.9 and he's fluent in English as well as Korean. Kevin has been taking vocal lessons for about six years, and he can also play the guitar and piano. As well as all of these attributes, he is also a Vixen, which is a Kitten trained especially for ." The hostess could almost feel how eager the crowd was for Kevin to finally walk on stage. Finally putting them out of their misery and ending the anticipation, she gestured towards the curtains behind her.

"Without further adieu, here is Kevin."


Kevin sat on the bench in front of the piano, his tail curled ever so elegantly behind him as he sat, staring at the keys before him. His nervousness was getting the better of him. He could hear the hostess reading off his profile, making his heart sink down into his stomach. The blonde Kitten swallowing thickly, his long, slim fingers coming to rest on the keys to get a feel for it. Kevin closed his eyes, pushing out all trivial thoughts so as to have his mind at peace.

Opening his eyes as the curtain began to rise, his gaze was locked on the keys, a brief silence before his fingers started to move, each key with beautiful precision.

"Want to, but I can't help it… I love the way it feels. It's got me stuck between my fantasy and what is real. I need it when I want it, I want it when I don't, tell myself I'll stop everyday, knowing that I won't…" Kevin's melodic voice combined with the harmonious sounds of the piano keys rang euphoniously throughout the Auction house. It was a song he'd practiced several times before because he'd taken a particular liking to it.

"And I know this much is true, baby you… have become my addiction. I'm so strung out on you, I can barely move, but I like it. And it's all because of you…" the blond kitten finally just let himself melt in the song, forgetting the eyes he knew were trained on him. He felt so relaxed now, so at ease. His tail gently swept back and forth subtly, almost like a metronome.

Kevin slowly turned his gaze to the room full of people he couldn't see, his eyes so full of a gleaming sweetness that everyone but he was aware of.

"Never get enough… she's the sweetest drug…"


Kiseop had to physically restrain himself from standing up from his seat to get a better view; he was further back in the Auction house, which was a stupid decision on his part because now, his vision of the angel in front was being obscured by tens of dozens of other people.

He couldn't get enough of Kevin; the way the harsh lights hit his slender figure illuminated him in such a way that it looked like an ethereal glow surrounded him. His vision was trained on the piano as his long fingers danced across the keys, filling the room with a beautiful melody, and just then he looked out into the crowd.

The model was sure his heart had completely stopped as he properly saw Kevin's face for the first time in person; the picture he'd seen in the file hadn't even captured a fraction of the Kitten's perfection.

He was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.

The Kitten's eyes were a beautiful dark brown that twinkled with a certain sweetness as he sang. blonde locks that looked soft to the touch, framing his small face. What caught Kiseop's eye the most were his lips –  small and tinted a rosy pink; he couldn't stop staring as Kevin continued to sing. He desperately needed to feel those lips against his. It was at this point that any regrets he had about this, any small notion that nagged him during the waiting period about whether or not this was the right one had completely diminished from his mind without a trace and before the song was even over, he was more determined than ever before to have the blonde Kitten as his own.


Kevin, unbeknownst to him, had looked directly into Kiseop's eyes as he sang the next part of the song. "I've got a problem and I don't know what to do about it… even if I did, I don't know if I would quit but I doubt it. I'm... taken by the thought of it…"

Almost as though he were calling out to him, he stopped for a brief moment to reach his hand out to the audience in an enticing display, such desire in his chocolate eyes. "And I know this much is true, baby you… have become my addiction…"

Kevin slowly closed his hand into a light fist as he sung the last two words, pulling his hand back to himself, placing his nimble fingers back upon the keys to play again.

"I'm so strung out on you, I can barely move, but I like it, and it's all because of you…" he put every ounce of emotion into the last part of the song, his brow furrowed, his body tense and almost trembling in the moment.

"And it's all because of you…"


If Kiseop's heart had already stopped when he had seen Kevin's face, he wasn't sure how it had revived as he felt it thump erratically within his chest as Kevin reached out into his direction. His mouth went dry and he swore he almost felt a stirring in his nether regions as he watched the beautiful siren on stage beckon to him. The corners of his mouth began to slowly pull up in a smile, he didn't even want to blink, for fear that the Kitten might somehow vanish from his view.

The song ended on a perfect note, and immediately, the crowd erupted in cheers.


The corners of Kevin's lips curled up into a sweet smile as he heard the cheers. Standing on his feet and taking a few steps away from the piano, his fingers slid across the slick edge as he did so. Drawing away from the instrument, he bowed gracefully  at the end of his performance.
 

There was this rush he'd never felt before inside of him. Somehow, in the back of his mind, he had a feeling that most if not all of them, at least wanted to try and win him. And that thought was strange, since Kevin wasn't exactly a conceited Kitten.


The hostess made her way onto the stage once again, clapping along with the audience as she did so.

The Kitten really was something.

She cleared before taking the microphone from the stand. "Now that Kevin's demonstrated that he not only knows how to sing, play the piano, and speak in fluent english, shall we start the bidding?" She said with a knowing smile, because as soon as she finished talking, she knew the crowd was going to erupt in pure chaos.

"Shall we start the bidding at the usual $100,000?"

Kevin watched the boards upon the walls light up instantly, numbers flooding the screen, increasing in amount with each passing second. It was at that moment that his heart sank down into his stomach in anticipation. Those numbers entranced him, to the point that he couldn't stop himself from grinning at the sight of the names of all the people that were bidding on him. He couldn't possibly keep track. It was really baffling to him; he knew he was appealing but never in his life did he think he was that enticing.

He could feel his heart pound against his chest.

His tail twitched with his growing eagerne
ss, in passing time, the numbers and names on the screen began to slow from bidders withdrawing from the Auction, no longer able to spend anymore money it was at this point Kevin knew it was close.

Only three names were appearing now: Kim Jaeseop, Kim Eli, and Lee Kiseop.


Kiseop kept on punching numbers into the pad for what felt like forever, bidding against countless of other people. He alternated between looking up at the screens to check for the new numbers he'd have to top and typing in his placed bids.

After awhile, people slowly began to withdraw, much to Kiseop's relief. Only a few more people stood in the way of him and the Kitten he had set his heart on. He once again glanced at the screens, momentarily a taken back by how the numbers had sky-rocketed so quickly – the bids were going for around $500,000 now. Kiseop hesitated for a second, wondering if Kevin was really worth all the money.

His eyes flickered to the stage just as a huge smile broke across Kevin's face. His eyes turned into little crescents as he grinned, showing his pearly white teeth. The sheer happiness displayed on his face was something Kiseop wanted to be able to see for the rest of his life.

He decided then that the money wasn't a problem – what would be is if Kevin ended up belonging to someone else.

With newly found determination, Kiseop looked back at the screens and saw that he was now ranked last. He punched in a ridiculous amount of money, making his name jump from the bottom to the top of the screen. He smirked, wondering if anyone was crazy enough to outbid $800,000.

His smirk slowly faded as someone by the name of “Kim Jaeseop” topped his number. Another person topped that bid, bringing the numbers all the way up $900,000.

Kiseop made a face of annoyance.

Yeah, you too, Kim Jaeseop, he thought as he punched in what he hoped would be a final deal breaker: $1,100,000.

Kiseop couldn't help the smile of satisfaction that made its way onto his face as he saw Kim Jaeseop and Kim Eli both withdraw from the Auction.

He had finally won.


Kiseop felt like he was in a dream as security lead him backstage. The hostess was trying to talk to him, probably about some unimportant details he'd have to deal with later, but for now, all he could think about was Kevin – the Kitten seemed to dominate his every thought and had been since the first time he laid eyes on his picture.

He brushed passed the hostess as he scanned the vicinity, trying to find his prized pet. The hostess tugged at his arm, giving him a somewhat strained smile.

“I know you're eager to see Kevin, but we have to go over some things first,” she said, handing him some paperwork. Kiseop sighed as he scanned the first sheet. He sat down at a wooden table along the backside of the stage wall. The hostess gave him a pen as he quickly ran through the contract. He initialed and signed wherever needed, wanting to get through it as fast as possible. If he was going to be honest, he hardly read any of it – he could be signing away his whole life's savings as far as he knew. All that mattered was Kevin.

Slapping the pen down on the table, he shoved the papers into the hostess's hands.

“I want to see him now,” he demanded.

The woman gave him a small smile and nodded.

She lead him through a few halls until they were outside the room Kevin was waiting in. The hostess knocked sharply three times against the wood before opening the door.

Kevin was seated on a white couch, his tail curling happily behind him as he smiled at Kiseop.

“Hello, Master.”


AN: YAAAAAH ES, I FINALLY GOT IT UP.

The song Kevin sang was Because of You by Ne-yo. If you want, you can listen to him sing it in these videos here:

---

The second video is how I imagine how Kevin actually looks in the fic (very young with long, blond hair) and the first video is how I imagine he sounds (a bit more matured).

Thanks to my co-author for writing half of it.

So ... did you guys like it? feedback is always appreciated.♥