Eight: Cower

Broken Link
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I have a suggestion to propose,” you announced loudly at the dinner table.

The days of training had passed, and each of you had increased your strength and capabilities by ten folds. The day to depart on your journey would be coming when the rise of the sun hit, and you had all gathered round for one last dinner together.

“What is it, Miss Haemi?” Baekhyun asked with a kind expression.

“Tomorrow,” you began, taking a deep breath to increase your confidence and calm your nerves. “When we depart, I would like Tao to accompany us as well.”

Dead silence met you in return, but hey, what did you expect?

“He may not be an official warrior, but his strength and capabilities are worthy of one. He has proven himself to suffice to the title of being a warrior, and I would forever be in your gratitude if you allowed Tao to join us,” you persisted, facing Soar with pleading eyes.

A frown creased itself on Soar’s face before he turned stiffly to Tao. “And Tao? What are your opinions for this proposal?”

Tao glanced down at his meal in silence, and just as you were about to lose hope, he silently whispered, “I would love to accompany Mei Mei on her journey.”

You beamed with a wide smile, and turned back to Soar with eager eyes. “What do you say? Please?”

Soar stared into your eyes for a few seconds and gave a loud, reluctant sigh. If both you and Tao wish for it, then I have no choice but to agree.”

You squealed in delight, and ran over to Tao’s side to hug him without even realizing it.

There was a stiff cough, and Kai pried your hands off the other. “You’re embarrassing him, Haemi.”

Your eyes widened in surprise, and sure enough, Tao’s face had transformed into the color resembling a cherry. You bowed an apology and quickly skittered back to your seat.

“Tao, please stay after and accompany me to my room so I can give you further details. The rest of you should be off to sleep,” Soar announced. “Kai, Baekhyun, Sehun, and D.O.”

They all turned back to look at him.

“You four may sleep tonight instead of guarding Haemi,” Soar said with a soft smile. “You will be needing all the energy you can get.”

They all nodded, and Sehun piped up, “Where are we going to be sleeping?”

“Where you already have been,” Soar said with a mischievous smile and twinkle in his eyes. His words prompted a heavy blush for you and you bowed your good night before quickly scampering to your room.

You made your way to the cabinet and quickly took out 4 sets of pillows and blankets for the others and had laid them all out nicely before the 4 had even walked in.

“Are you excited?” Sehun asked with a smile as he grasped your hands into his. You could tell just from his tone that he surely was.

You hesitated shortly before giving a brief nod and smile.

“Sehun, fetch Haemi’s brother and friend and tell them to gather,” D.O ordered. You looked over at him questionably. “We must discuss the plan, Haemi. You wouldn’t want us to just journey on blindly, would you?”

You quickly shook your head and Sehun went to fetch the others as asked.

“You don’t need to be nervous,” Baekhyun said with a soft smile when you sat next to him. He took your hand into his and gently squeezed. “We will protect you from harm’s way.”

You returned the smile and was about to reply, but was yanked away by a rough hand.

“I thought Kai was the one I had to keep you away from,” Kris muttered under his breath as he sat in between the two of you.

When all of you had gathered, minus Tao, D.O began to explain the plan. “The mission should take approximately 4 weeks. Two weeks to get there and two weeks back – this schedule is only of course, if we get there with only few hours of sleep and nothing prevents us from moving on. This schedule will not be happening. Our personal goal should be that we get back before 2 moons have passed, leaving us with two months to complete our journey successfully. It is detrimental to get back before the 3rd moon passes, or chaos will ensue without the exotic crystal in place.”

“You guys will be encountering an incredible amount of fearsome creatures on the journey, so we’ve decided that we will prepare you now for the fears you will have to meet. Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun nodded and began to take over. “The forces of evil have many strong warriors of their own, and it is without a doubt that our journey to the other side, the city of Two Moons, will be a hard one. Their currently leader, M.A.M.A, is one of crucial and-”

“Mama?” Chanyeol interrupted wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter