Prologue

Two Different Worlds

 

Lee Sunghwan sighed as he walked out of the London coffee shop. He was stuck with all of the little brats until Im Hyun Kyun comes. ‘It’s not fair’, he thought, ‘What did I ever do to receive this punishment?’ To any normal person, it would be hard to understand why he was complaining. You would think Lee Sunghwan had an amazing job. He is the manager for Exo-K, a Korean boy band signed to one of the biggest managements in the country of Korea, S.M. Entertainment. For a rookie group they already had a strong fan base that was increasing every day. However in Manager Sunghwan eyes, he was currently experiencing pure torture when it came to the band. He had recently landed in London, for the band’s second time in visiting the city. Since their fan base was so large in the town, S.M. decided to send all of Exo to promote there until their new comeback, which would be a while. So currently he was in the beautiful city of London. When they first heard about the trip, he was so excited. He figured if he could be in an enormous city like London, the brats would be easier to deal with. Plus he was supposed to have Exo-M’s manager there too. Sadly, nothing ever works out for Lee Sunghwan. S.M. Entertainment decided to send Im Hyun Kyun to watch over F(x) while their manager is on paternity leave. He was their previous manager and S.M. figured the girls would want a familiar face, instead of yet another random person being shoved into their manager’s position. He scowled remember what Lee Soo Man told him, when he said that Hyun Kyun would be watching over F(x). “They’re just boys Sunghwan-ah how difficult could they be?” he said. “But they’re not boys, their evil little monkeys!” he had wanted to yell. But he simply just sulked in his chair quietly. ‘If only people knew how much torture it was to take care of them’, he thought. On the outside the boys portrayed a mature personality, that they were hard workers and obedient to their managers. But on the inside they were complete trolls and evil children. They tormented their manager’s daily with pranks that were causing Lee Sunghwan to rip his hair out, and he really did not want to lose anymore hair. The boys hadn’t even landed in London yet but they had already switched all his products in his toiletries into different bottles so he had washed his hair with shaving cream and put shampoo on his face. The worst was that they removed all his clothes from his luggage right before he had to leave, and changed them with female clothing, including lingerie. No wonder the airport security looked at him strangely after scanning his bags. He had to go out and buy new clothes because he refused to cross dress; he was not like the baekyeol couple. ‘Well at least I have 3 more hours of peace until their plane arrives’ he thought waiting at the stoplight to cross. He face contorted as he started to grimace, picturing the tortures in store for him when the boys finally arrived. ‘This short trip to paradise was nice while he lasted’, he thought crossing the street because he saw the boys in front of him starting to cross. He didn’t realize the boys were actually jay walking, since it wasn’t their turn to cross. Lee Sunghwan stepped off the sidewalk still thinking about his impending torture. He was so absorbed in his own thoughts; he did not see the driver racing down the street. The driver failed to see him too, since he didn’t see anyone before when he checked his blind spots. He turned to take a left, as he looked across the road to the opposite side to watch the other drivers that were coming. As the driver turned, Lee Sunghwan was finally jolted out of his thoughts when something hard hit his leg and pain shot up his body. He felt his body flying, before it came crashing down on the pavement, and he felt his conscious state drifting away from him. His finally thoughts were hearing a car door open and a person running towards him. Lee Sunghwan closed his eyes and the darkness consumed him.

‘Oh no, what have I done?!’ Simon Cowell thought, staring at the body before him.