Lucky

Sibling Rivalry

 

“Chansung… I think there is something you need to know.”

The older boy furrowed his brow when he saw how watery Seohyun’s eyes were. Not knowing what to do, he just held her hands in his.

“You know you can tell me anything.” He reassured, but Seohyun knew good and well that he didn’t mean his words. Yet, her little altercation with Tiffany had shown her that it was time to face the consequences of her actions. This was something Yoona couldn’t protect her from, even if she so wanted to. She had been a coward once; she wasn’t going to be one twice.

“I know the reason why Tiffany-unnie treated me like that.” She muttered, mentally looking for the right words. She was also conscious that these words didn’t exist in her current situation. Chansung was staring at her expectantly.

“And…?” He hurried. Seohyun choked on a few sobs, which made Chansung even more clueless about what to do. “Maybe she did that just because she thinks we’re on Yoona’s side when actually…”

“Aniya! It’s not that, oppa.” She cut him off harshly. The older boy was becoming more anxious.

“Then what is it?” He hurried just as harshly. Seohyun sighed, trying to find the right words.

“Yoona and I... We…” Chansung’s eyebrows drew together. His forehead creased. He knew everything that had to do with Yoona meant trouble. What had she done this time that had his Seohyun so upset?

“What did she do now?” He asked, clearly angered. Seohyun felt incapable of talking in that moment.

“I-It wasn’t h-her! I swear it was just…” In that very moment, Chansung’s phone started ringing. The boy groaned and angrily picked it up. Seohyun felt as if the lump in was truly choking her.

“What do you want now, Yoona!?” He pretty much yelled into the phone. Although her heart felt lighter at hearing her beloved’s name, she grimaced by how angry Chansung sounded. Some pass byers were staring intently at him, like trying to figure out if he was violent or dangerous. People bursting out like that on public weren’t really usual around the Han River. It was a fun and beautiful place, especially at night, when people would go to watch the bridge’s beautiful light show. “Mwo?! See?! I knew I couldn’t leave you alone! I’ll be right there to clean up your mess.” He spat before hanging up. He turned to Seohyun, intimidating her with his angered gaze. “Mr. Im might have had a . Yoona says he just fell unconscious right in front of them.” He explained. Seohyun widened her eyes. What else could go wrong that night?

“Whatever it was… I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Yoona’s fault.” Seohyun said quietly due to Chansung’s angered state. The older boy, in turn, widened his eyes at her. Since when was she on Yoona’s side instead of his?

“And now you’re defending her? You don’t even know what happened.” He said through gritted teeth. Even though he looked like he was ready to beat up somebody, Seohyun felt fearless all of a sudden.

“Neither do you! And if we talk about ‘cleaning messes up’, she cleaned yours a while ago. Both your appa and her were there for you when you got beat up at that bar. It would be nice if you could repay the favor now, wouldn’t it?” She said fiercely. She was definitely learning from Yoona. Chansung stepped closer and glared into Seohyun’s eyes.

“First of all, he’s not my appa. Second of all, I thought I’d be able to change you, but it looks like you’re only changing for the worse, which means…”

“Is everything okay here, sir? Miss?” They both jumped away from each other to look at a police officer who had interrupted them. Chansung gulped visibly.

“N-no, actually we’re just leaving.” He said, turning to Seohyun and taking her hand in his. The officer looked reluctant to let them go.

“Is that true, miss?” He asked, staring at Seohyun. The maknae nodded, swallowing the lump on . “I’ll let you go then. Goodnight.” He said, giving them one last glance and turning around. Seohyun let herself be dragged away by Chansung, with the consolation that she’d at least be able to see Yoona.

Meanwhile, at the hospital.

Yoona walked around in circles. The ample waiting room seemed to become smaller and smaller every time. She’d glance at Seulong once in a while, unbeknownst to him, wondering if he was feeling as desperate as her. The young man sat motionlessly, staring intently at his lap. Occasionally, some silent tears would run down his cheeks. She felt bad for him, because although he barely even knew his own father, it wasn’t in his plans to pretty much see him die in front of them.

“My marriage was already arranged. When Cho Hee* told me she was pregnant, I became scared. My family would oppose to any decision I’d make if it wasn’t marrying Yoona’s mother. It was threatening to her life if I stayed with her.”

Those words echoed in both their heads. As for Seulong, even though they could never repay for everything he had gone through as a child, they had helped him understand everything. Yoona felt torn. It was relieving to know that her appa wasn’t some kind of monster, but those words had really ruined her conception of marriage. She’d never think of it in the same way ever again.

“I didn’t plan on disappearing, but as I got married, that’s exactly what happened. My job and wife, whose health was already fragile, demanded too much from me. Since my father had found out about Cho Hee and I, he was tracking everything I did to make sure I wouldn’t cheat and cause a scandal. When my wife died, I started looking for you, but when I went to the hospital, I was told that Cho Hee was severely ill and had moved out of Daejeon.”

She decided to stop walking around and rested her back against the white walls of the waiting room. Her eyes met Seulong’s for a moment. It was a deep look of apology, to which Yoona just shook her head sadly. She went to his seat and leaned down to hug him. As they were joined in that embrace, their sobbing became more violent. They were thankful because there wasn’t anyone else in the waiting room; it was way past visiting hours.

“I’m so sorry, Yoona, I didn’t mean for all this to happen. I just wanted to know the truth.” He said right next to Yoona’s ear. He kept repeating the words their father had said before collapsing onto the floor, pale as a ghost. I’m sorry.

“You know none of this is your fault, Seulong-ah.” She said, gripping his shoulders tightly. In that moment, they heard footsteps nearing them. A throat clearing pulled them away from each other. As Yoona stood up straight and Seulong leaned back into his seat, they turned to see Chansung. Who Yoona didn’t expect to see, though, was Seohyun, whose eyes were red and puffy. It was more than obvious that she had been crying. The maknae, in turn, stared at both of them. At first, she had felt a pang of jealousy seeing Yoona hugging a man she had never seen before, but she realized who he was, especially because of the tears running down his cheeks. His resemblance to Yoona was also noticeable.

“Where is he?” Chansung broke the silence.

“They have him in the O.R” Seulong answered, not bothering to look up at the younger boy.

“So? What happened?” He pushed. Yoona rolled her eyes at her brother’s usual insensibility.

“There was a blood clot on his brain. The stress from… the situation might have just set it off. They’re trying to stop the internal bleeding right now.” She explained, containing her tears. She met Seohyun’s eyes, mentally asking her if there was something wrong. Seohyun just lowered her head.

“Did he at least tell you the truth?”

“We can tell you about it later. Right now, all we need to do is wait and pray for the best.” Yoona said curtly. Even though she wanted to take Seohyun away and ask her what had happened, she knew she’d better wait.

“Seulong-ssi, this is my girlfriend Seohyun. Seohyun, this is my half-brother brother Seulong” They did a quick introduction before the newly arrived couple sat down on other chairs in the waiting room.

After minutes of tension and some tears, the doctor finally came out of the O.R. He went to them with a tired look on his features, gathering them all together.

“He’s stable right now. There wasn’t much brain cell damage because the bleeding wasn’t major, but he’s still in a delicate situation. If he recovers as expected, he’ll probably suffer from short term memory, but I can’t think of another consequence bigger than that. He’ll be able to go back to work and live normally.” He said before they could ask him. They all let out a sigh of relief. “You can’t see him now, but you will shortly after this. The nurse will let you know.” He finished. The three siblings bowed in gratitude and let the doctor go. Seulong and Yoona immediately hugged each other encouragingly. Chansung and Seohyun just stepped aside. Seeing the maknae so distraught, Yoona couldn’t wait any longer.

“Seulong-ah, I think I left my cellphone inside your car. Can I go and get it?” Yoona asked aloud, hinting her plan with an eyebrow wiggle in Seohyun’s direction. The younger girl immediately caught up with it.

“Sure, have my keys.” Seulong answered innocently.

“What’s the series on his license plate? I don’t want to get it confused.” Yoona continued, looking at Seohyun from the corner of her eye.

“67832-9” Seulong answered, just as innocently as before. Yoona nodded and parted from the waiting room, giving Seohyun one last dissimulated glance.

After she was nowhere to be seen and the three were left alone, Seohyun started looking for a reasonable excuse to leave. She decided to wait for a couple of minutes so that it wouldn’t be too suspicious, pretending to check her phone.

“Oppa, my appa just texted me, he’s bringing me some food because I haven’t had dinner yet. I have to get to the reception and wait for it.” Chansung nodded, buying it completely.

“Go. There’s a cafeteria here, but the food isn’t so good. It’s better if he brings you dinner.” He said halfheartedly. Seohyun dissimulated her smile as she stood up and left the waiting room just like Yoona. She went down to the parking lot, looking for the car with a 67832-9 series. She smiled when she placed it; a black brand new wagoner. Seohyun walked to it as fast as she could, knocking on the window of the backseat several times. She frowned when she got no answer. She was about to head inside when the car door burst open and someone pulled her in quite harshly. To anyone, it would have looked like an abduction. Seohyun shrieked, but stopped when she saw it was Yoona who had pulled her in. The choding was laughing out loud, holding her tummy. Seohyun started laughing as well.

“Yah! Don’t laugh!” Seohyun said, pouting and hitting Yoona’s shoulder. The choding stopped laughing, but a huge grin drew itself on her face by seeing that pout that she loved so much.

“Mianhae. Couldn’t resist.” She said, giving Seohyun a kiss on the cheek. She was about to pull back when Seohyun cupped her face and gave her a chaste kiss. Yoona smiled against it, but pulled away when she felt the dampness on Seohyun’s cheeks. “Can you tell me what happened? Did Chansung make you cry?”

“No… It wasn’t really him. It was Tiffany-unnie.” She said, her eyes watering once again. Yoona widened her eyes. She placed one of her hands on Seohyun’s shoulder, Yoona’s thumb caressing her neck, while the other went to hold Seohyun’s own hand. Seohyun’s other hand remained caressing Yoona’s face, as if she was some kind of porcelain doll.

“What happened?”

“Chansung and I were walking and he… kissed me. Tiffany was with that blonde girl from the singing contest and she approached us. She started hinting that I wasn’t being faithful to him and things like that…” Seohyun explained, more tears falling down her cheeks. “Why didn’t you call me after you two met?”

“I don’t know, I guess I was waiting until you came back from your date with Chansung. And then I received a peculiar guest…” Yoona whispered as she leaned in to kiss Seohyun’s tears away. The maknae blushed at the gesture. “I made her promise that she wouldn’t tell Chansung, because we’re going to tell him sooner or later. But I get the feeling that if we don’t tell him sooner than later, she will.” Yoona finished, with a sad half-smile.

“After she left, I was about to tell Chansung everything… but then you called and he hurried here.” Yoona’s forehead creased.

“I already told you I don’t think that’s a good idea. We have to find a way together, Seobaby.” The older girl insisted. Some more tears fell from Seohyun’s eyes. “I told you everything’s going to be just fine.” She assured.

“You promise?” The maknae asked, her voice lowered to a vulnerable whisper. Yoona nodded and cupped her cheeks.

“I promise.” Yoona whispered right before their lips met. Seohyun’s hands slipped over Yoona’s hips as she comforted herself with those pink lips kissing her own. After pulling back, Seohyun frowned by seeing the puffiness in Yoona’s doe eyes.

“What happened with your appa and Seulong-ssi?”

“After Seulong showed up, we called appa. He immediately recognized him. He’s the son of a nurse that worked with my appa in his first internship. According to what he told us… He loved her, but his marriage to my umma was already arranged so there was nothing he could do. He apologized… and then fell onto the floor.” She said, without showing any emotion.

“And how do you feel about that?”

“I guess it makes me feel better to know that he didn’t leave Seulong just because he wanted to… But it also breaks my little bubble that my parents’ marriage was perfect. I wonder what my umma would have felt like knowing appa had a son.” Yoona answered, the tears finally rolling down her cheeks. Seohyun hugged Yoona closer to her, letting the older girl cry on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry to hear that. It was none of their fault; they just did what they were supposed to do. He’ll be okay… He’s strong, just like you.” Seohyun reassured as she pulled away from Yoona. The older girl’s passion and love towards Seohyun shook her whole body. Before she knew it, she was leaning forward and trapping Seohyun against the backrest of the seat. Feeling Yoona so close to her was making Seohyun dizzy.

“Yoona? W-what are you doing?” She asked. She could feel Yoona’s ragged breath over her lips.

“Kissing you, baby” (A/N: See what I did there? Lol) She whispered against Seohyun’s lips before closing their distance. She wrapped her arms around Seohyun’s waist as Seohyun’s shaky hands tangled on her hair. Their lips danced in perfect synchrony; Yoona was making an effort to keep the kiss from turning aggressive, but sometimes it was hard for her to keep her self-control. Seohyun was just addictive to her. She nibbled on Seohyun’s bottom lip and then applied the same treatment to the top one. She pressed her upper body even more into the maknae’s feeling every curve. “I’m so lucky…” She whispered as she kissed the corner of the maknae’s lips. Seohyun shivered and purred in response.

“I love you so much.” Seohyun whispered breathlessly against Yoona’s lips. The doe-eyed girl gave her one last peck.

“I love you too. Come here.” Yoona answered as she sat back against the backrest and opened her arms for the blushing maknae.

“B-but they are waiting for us. We can’t just stay here.” Seohyun argued reasonably, even though all she wanted to do was to hold Yoona close to her.

“It’ll be just a couple of minutes. Pretty please?” Seohyun couldn’t say no. She smiled and rested her head on Yoona’s chest. The doe-eyed girl sighed and wrapped her arms around Seohyun, keeping her warm. Seohyun breathed into Yoona’s scent and nuzzled her head further into Yoona’s chest. In that moment, they were both at peace, even though they knew their world was slowly crumbling.

*Yang Cho Hee is Seulong’s umma’s name.

Aw, I know you were craving for some fluff :3 And I’m a pushover when it comes to my readers lol Thanks for reading, and comments are appreciated <3