Final Chapter - "The Name I Loved The Most..."

The Name I Loved The Most
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final Chapter
 

"The Name I Loved The Most..."

 

 

“Yuri?”

 

The girls huddled in front of the door as they opened the door. The oaken white entrance revealed a very exasperated-looking Kwon Yuri, with bloodshot eyes paired with a gloomy face. Jessica gasped at the sight. They knew something was wrong. And this ‘something’ is a very important one.

 

“Oh, Yul…”

 

“How did it go?”

 

“Do you want to rest first?”

 

“I’ll go get you some water.”

 

They all scattered through different directions as the others settled Yuri on the couch. Hyoyeon brought a glass of cold water and a towel while Sooyoung bothered herself with cooking a hearty chicken soup. Taeyeon and Tiffany seated beside the exhausted Yul and Sunny her back in a comforting manner. Yoona turned off the television and Seohyun helped Sooyoung with the kitchen work.

 

“Yuri, are you sure you’re okay?”

 

She nodded weakly but cracked a small beam in between.

 

“Taeyeon unnie, I’m…I’m doing great! Why are you all even here worrying about me? I just went out for some fresh air.” replied Yuri glumly but with the most cheerful and convincing voice she could ever let out.

 

“Oh, stop pretending like we don’t know!” Jessica blurted out in frustration.

 

“What do you mean, Sica?”

 

Hyoyeon looked at her anxiously. “We’re talking about him, honey…”

 

The woman sat there with an expressionless face.

 

“I…What…Who’s him?”

 

Sunny glanced up at the girls hesitatingly and turned her gaze back at Yuri.

 

“What we meant was; what happened to you? You’ve never showed up in our dorm since—”

 

“Since two weeks ago, unnie!” Yoona butted in with her loud voice.

 

Yuri paused for a while.

 

“I’m a big girl. I think I can do things on my own now, nae?” and after that, she began to set herself up on her feet once more but the girls pinned her down again.

 

“I know what this is about…” said Tiffany with squinted eyes.

 

Seohyun, who was working with Sooyoung, had just shouted that the soup had been finished. Yuri smiled and was about to head to the kitchen but Yoona and Taeyeon pulled her back to the couch.

 

“What do you guys want?” Yuri snapped, getting pretty annoyed from the girls.

 

Jessica rolled her irises. “It’s about Yunho, isn’t it?”

 

Yuri had her orbs widened like two saucers. “What is about our Yunho sunbae?”

 

The dancing queen squatted beside Yoona and pouted as she looked at Yul.

 

“We knew about it already.”

 

She was confused, honestly. What is up with the girls and their weird interrogations regarding Jung Yunho?

 

“We already know it. You and Yunho Oppa. You guys…You’ve been dating ever since we were trainees.  And when did you guys start training? It was like, 2001…” Sunny trailed off.

 

“Eleven years?!” Sooyoung shrieked out as she held the tray with the bowl of chicken soup.

 

Yuri collected her knees to her chest and leaned over.

 

“It was a mistake, though. And we both regretted —”

 

“So you guys broke up?”

 

She nodded gradually, still fighting those threatening tears that were already clouding her vision with that forced smile. Yuri looked so weak and fragile right now. She seemed to be working and stressing herself too much. The dark circles that were lying below her eyes had grown more puffy and gloomy. Her body that used to be full of life was so thin and brittle. What has gotten into this girl?

 

Yuri couldn’t find words on how she was going to reply back. It was true, they did break up; she broke up with him for the wrong reasons. She said she was already tired and pressured, and work has been filling her up to the brim. It was excuses; they were all excuses. But, what can Yunho do? It was her decision and he had to respect it. And so, they did part ways, after eleven, long, happy years.

 

“I want to share this period of my life to you girls, honestly, since that period was a happy one in my life. But right now, I feel like dying. I just wanna sleep. Give me some time, okay? And I’ll try to tell you about it…” Yuri exited the room and headed to her bed.

 

---

 

“Hey, Changmin?”

 

“What?”

 

“I can’t sleep,”

 

“Then go call Yuri or something,”

 

Yunho stood there like a block of ice, his feet frozen to the soles of his bunny slippers. He clutched his Bambi tighter as a tear fell from his eye.

 

“She’s gone, now.”

 

Aghast, Changmin scuttled around, throwing his laptop on the bed and facing him with a horrified expression.

 

“WHAT? SHE’S DEAD?!”

 

He shook his head in disagreement. “I meant, she broke up with me.”

 

The younger one put on a thinking face before replying to his hyung.

 

“What do you mean? You guys have been dating for eleven years! She can’t possibly be doing tha—”

 

“Well, she did.”

 

Changmin sat straight and patted the space next to his for Yunho to sit in. He plopped on his bed, his Bambi still intact in his arms.

 

“Just let it all out, hyung…” he said soothingly, a hand his .

 

“I don’t…I-I don’t get it! Was I not enough for her? Was there something she didn’t like about me? I can change, if she wants to! But, out of everything that there is to choose from, why did she choose to leave me? It’s been eleven years, and it felt as if everything was gone in a blink of an eye! You don’t know how much I love her, Min. I love her more than you could imagine!” Yunho wailed and groaned, squirming on Changmin’s bed in utmost frustration.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung. I really want to do something to help you guys out but I’m a total er for this hopeless romance bull thing. But, how does a case of Soju sound?” said the younger guy with raised brows.

 

Yunho shook his head, his face still dug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter