Letting Go (ONESHOT)

Letting Go (ONESHOT)

FINAL

"Youngbae, can I talk to you?"

"Mmm, what dyu need, Jiyong?"

He sighed before grabbing a chair and placing it in front of  me before sitting down. He seemed nervous and I had no idea why, it had to be really serious if he was acting this way. He finally looked at me with a sad expression that made me worried. 

"What is it, Jiyong? Something wrong?"

"I like Dara."

I froze. I should've seen this coming.

"I know you've liked her for a couple of years now, and I've tried to stop myself from liking her but... it obviously didn't work," he chuckled, out of nervousness probably. "After thinking everything through, I want to ask her out."

How can I not noticed how he felt about her? 

"But I won't if you don't want me to. I don't want to ruin our friendship over a girl." 

The way he looked at her, the way he was always with her, the way he always suggested to the stylists how Dara should look, the lyrics he writes. It was all so obvious.

"Youngbae..."

Shaking my head of all my thoughts, I looked at him, and properly looked at him. I could see the sincerity and fear in his eyes, you can see how scared he was to tell me his true feelings for a woman that I've loved for years but deep down I know that it wasn't me that she wanted. 

"Ask her out."

"Really?" His expression slightly brightened up but was still cautious about me.

"Yeah. I don't mind, just ask YG if you can go out with her." 

He smiled and hugged me. "Thank you."

 

 

~~

 

 

"Youngbae!" 

I looked over at the direction where someone called me and smiled immediately. There she was, the girl that I can't have. 

"Hey, Dara noona, wassup?"

"Uhmm... I need to ask you something."

"Say yes." 

"Wait, what?"

"To Jiyong. Say yes."

"Y-You knew?"

"You two are so alike. Asking me for permission first." I chuckled in amusement but still my heart felt heavy. "I know you like him, you've always liked him but I was in the way. I'm sorry."

"No, don't think like that." She sat besides me and took hold of my hand. I wanted to move away but my body didn't let me. I guess her presence has a kind of pull on my body that I can't control. "I'm really sorry that you wasted your time on me."

"It wasn't wasted."

"Hmm..."

Silence.

"Just go out with him. You deserve to go out with a good guy and that's Jiyong. I wouldn't have allowed him to ask you out if I knew he wasn't a good guy, plus... he really likes you."

She pecked me on the cheek before saying: "Thank you, and I'm sorry I can't be the girl for you.", and then walking away.

It was him. It was always him. And for her to be happy, I'll have to let her go...


A/N: Okay, this is my first time doing a oneshot and it may not be the best so I'm sorry! I've been hooked on Daragon and Darayang lately which is weird cz I normally don't ship girl x boy pairings but I ship these couples so much. Please tell me what you think :)