Dont ever leave me [Sungyeol]

This thing called LOVE, One shot collection

Song- Simple Plan's Jet Lag

Foreign Love


"Your girlfriend is leaving today and your still just laying around?" said a voice and Sungyeol looked up from his covers to see Sunggyu standing over him with a raised eyebrow. Sungyeol groaned and rolled over to give his back to the leader of Infinite, "she wont leave without saying goodbye to me...."

"Thats your plan? Dont show up so she wont leave?! Thats sad hyung" said Sungjong crossing his arms against his chest and shaking his head in disappointment, "she has to go back home sometime hyung" adding Sungjong and Sungyeol dug his face into his pillow even more.

Sungyeol didnt want to see his girlfriend off, he knew he would cry and only add to the sad moment. Of course she had to go back, she was in Seoul as an exchange student from America after all. They had meet when the group members went to perform at some university for the students. Her friend and Korean guide, had forced her to go to Infinite's performance and she stood out like a sore thumb, obviously her appearance said that she was a foreigner and the fact that she wasnt screaming like crazy was the reason she caught Sungyeol's eyes.

After getting off the stage Sungyeol wasted no time and began searching for her, he ignored the yelling fangirls that were chasing him and forced on finding this mysterious girl. And then, there she was standing with her friend near the exit. From the back he looked at her naturally wavy long dark brown hair that touched the small of her back, probably feeling someone behind her she had turned around and Sungyeol stopped breathing when he saw her tanned face and warm brown eyes looking at him in confusion. "Hello, can I help you with something?" Sungyeol remembered her asking in almost flawless korean.

Sungyeol had stumbled over his words and eventually ended up asking her name and he had grown confidently enough to ask for her number. Once Infinite was in their van going home, Sungyeol looked at his cell phone and scrolled through the contacts to see 'Alyssa XXX-XXX-XXXX' that day he had the biggest smile on his face that his cheeks began to hurt, he still smiled even when s began making fun of him.  

Sungyeol knew after this semester that she would have to go back to New York, but he couldnt tear himself away from her, she had to be his. As the months passed, his feelings only grew stronger and he tried his best to spend all his free time with her. "It hurts..." Sungyeol mumbled and he sat up on his bed to see all s looking at him concerned.

"You both knew what was going to happen at the end" said Woohyun only to receive a hit in the head by Sunggyu. Sungyeol smiled weakly, "hes right... I was stupid to think a miracle would happen and she would stay here forever."

Reluctantly Sungyeol got dressed and all the members went with him to go pick up Alyssa at her dorm. Trying to repress the memories of their first meeting only got harder when they passed by the spot they first spoke. "Psst! Noona!" said Sungjong in a whisper and Alyssa looked away from her friends to see the members of Infinite and her boyfriend dressed up with sunglasses, hats and hoodies.

Alyssa bidded farewell to her friends after checking if she had all their numbers saved in her phone and Sungyeol walked up to her kissing her cheek before taking her bags and loading them in the van with the help of L. Once they were all in the van, Alyssa looked around at everyone who had somber looking expressions on their faces. "You guys! I dont want to end our memories with this depressing moment" she said putting on what Sungyeol knew to be a fake smile.

Sungyeol put his arm around her shoulder and pulled her into his chest looking down at her with a smile. Always thinking about other peoples feeling, instead of yours first he thought looking away from her.

He tried not to remember things but one came up,

'"Oppa.... whats going to happen to us after.. you know" Alyssa began playing with his fingers, a nervous habit Sungyeol had learned she had, "I leave" she said in a quieter tone.

Sungyeol's big cheeks raised as he flashed her his gummy smile and answered "we'll still be together, whenever Infinite is in the states I'll make sure we visit New York, and plus you call me and I'll call you whenever we're free."

The way he answered as if it was the simplest thing on Earth worried Alyssa and she tugged his fingers "you make it sound easy but we both know that it'll be so difficult, the time difference plus the distance isnt helpful at all plus the fact that your a busy famous idol."

"What are you... what are you trying to say?" asked Sungyeol feeling his heart drop to his stomach in worry that she was about to break up with him. Alyssa squeezed his hand in reassurance, "its not what you think sungie... its just long distance relationships never really work out."

 He frowned at the memory and snapped out of his thoughts upon feeling someone poking his cheek, his eyes turned to see Alyssa and she poked him again, "Whats wrong?" she whispered and he just took her lips with his before pulling away with a smile, "I already miss you" he answered.

Alyssa blinked back failing to hold the tear that escaped her eyes and Sungyeol ran his thumb against her cheek to wipe away the tears. Once they were gone their arms wrapped around each other and Alyssa put her head in the crook of his neck and he rested his head ontop of hers. The ride to the airport seemed antagonizingly long but unfortunately it came to an end and Woohyun said, "mian to have to break you two apart but we're here" he looked at Sungyeol with a sympathetic look.

Everyone got out the van expect Sungyeol who kept trying to think of ways to make her stay in Seoul, but nothing came to his mind. Hoya went to get her bags and once he put them on the ground he said "so uh... you should check them in right?" to which she nodded and went to the baggage attendant.

"Yah, she doesnt need you like this right now" said Hoya slightly glaring at Sungyeol who half heartedly nodded his head in agreement, Hoya went back to Alyssa. Sungyeol knew that his friend had a small crush on his girlfriend, but knowing Hoya wouldnt do anything he let it be.

Once Sungyeol got out the van, Infinite's manager bidded farewell to Alyssa and went to park the car out of sight. Alyssa had checked in with the flight attendant and then she grabbed Sungyeol's hand as the eight of them walked to the security point. "Before I forget I have something for oppas" Alyssa said digging through her bag and handing them each different plushies.

Dongwoo laughed when he saw his plushie of Tigger holding an orange friendship bracelet, he rubbed his eyes grabbing Alyssa into a tight hug before wishing her a safe trip. Sungjong was given a plushie of Roo with a blue bracelet, his lower lip began to tremble as he stared at it and Alyssa hugged her friend goodbye. "Ah you made me the depressed character" said L with a sad smile on his face hugging Alyssa after she gave him the plush of Eeyore and a gray bracelet.

"Kasamnida Alyssa ah" said Sunggyu holding the Winnie the Pooh plush out as he looked at it with a smile then hugged her. Woohyun sniffed signalling he was trying to hold back tears, as he tied the pink bracelet on his wrist that the Rabbit plushie had before silently hugging Alyssa. Hoya was last and he laughed at the Lumpy plushie she gave him along with the purple bracelet, "Alyssa ah" he said pulling her into a hug before whispering in her ear, "I'm really going to miss you."

"Sorry... all the winnie the pooh characters kinda ran out so yours is different" said Alyssa handing Sungyeol a Mickey Mouse plushie and she pointed at the Minnie Mouse one in her bag. Sungyeol smiled holding her bag for her when s called her over to give her their gift, "its not much but... we know you love Hello Kitty" said Sunggyu rubbing the back of his head as his small eyes looked around the airport. Woohyun gave her a bag that contained a large Hello Kitty doll dressed in a kimino along with other Hello Kitty items. "Ah.. you guys.. didnt have to" said Alyssa smiling brightly, the very smile that Sungyeol wouldnt get to see anymore.

They all hugged Alyssa one last time before waving goodbye when Sunggyu requested that they leave Sungyeol and her by themselves. "I wish you didnt have to go..." was all he could say and Alyssa jumped on him. They hugged not wanting to let go, Sungyeol was scared that after they let go he would have to return to his life without her. He looked down at her kissing the top of her head which was buried in his chest, she looked up at him, her deep brown eyes was all it took and Sungyeol couldnt hold himself back. His lips took hers and the only reason the kiss was broken apart was the voice of an attendant announcing her flight was getting ready to board.

"I have to go...." Alyssa said and he nodded, they both slowly walked to the short line that formed to pass security. Once it was her turn, Alyssa squeezed Sungyeol's hand as he let go and watched her pass security. "Alyssa ah!" Sungyeol shouted and he ran pass the security guards to get to her, he picked her up in a hug and kissed her one last time before saying "Sarangheyo." He slipped a ring on her left ring finger and she didnt get time to say it back as the security guards grabbed Sungyeol and escorted him out.

Alyssa walked to the gate and gave the attendant her ticket, "oh whoever the lucky guy is, he has taste!" said the attendant after wishing her a good flight, Alyssa looked down at the ring and thanked her. She boarded the plane and sat down in first class, because Sungyeol didnt want her to be uncomfortable during the flight, she looked at her left hand shocked. It was a white gold ring with a heart in the middle, a bow on top of it with a single diamond. "A promise ring...." she whispered before looking out the window as tears fell out of her eyes.

After the whole situation was fixed, the boys of Infinite and their manager stood in front of the airport and could faintly hear that Alyssa's flight was about to take off.  Sungyeol ran to see the runway and saw her plane waiting on it to take off, it slowly began to move and soon the wheels of the plane went inside and it took off successfully. He dropped to his knees as he watched the plane fade away into the clouds, the plane that held the love of his life, he vowed never to love again until she returned by his side and he did that.

On the outside Sungyeol tried his best to appear perfectly happy, when he was on stage he would smile slightly back at the fans who chanted his name. During interviews he would laugh at the funny things and speak when needed other than that he would keep a blank face. But everyone, fans, other idols, friends, family and especially s knew something was wrong. Sungyeol hadnt spoken to Alyssa in two months, they havent been able to hold a proper conversation on the phone. They only emailed each other occasionally, Sungyeol began wondering why was she so busy and when he had confronted her angrily at it, she had used the time difference as an excuse.

"Shes probably cheating on you" a voice in the back of his head said and Sungyeol grabbed his head, No, she wouldnt do that.... he thought as if he was trying to not believe what that voice had said but a certain memory popped up in his head. 

'One day after finishing all his schedules, Sungyeol got to the dorm and looked at the watch on his wrist 8:00 P.M. If its night here, she should be waking up by now. He raced to search for his cell phone in his bag and dialed her number, drumming his fingers against the counter anxiously.

"Hello?" said the groggily voice that Sungyeol missed so much and his heart began beating rapidly against his chest, "yeobo! good morning well... at least to you" said Sungyeol happily and he heard shuffling, probably her getting up from her bed.

"Ah good mor- er.. good night? you know you can become my personal alarm clock if your gonna start calling me at this time.... oh my god its 7:00 am!" said Alyssa practically shouting and Sungyeol flinched. "What? Dont you have class or something?" asked Sungyeol and she answered "ani, today is my free day I normally sleep til 12 today but... um what do I owe this phone call to? I miss you so much oppa."  

At this Sungyeol smiled and said "well I finished my schedules early today and I miss you too so decided to call.... the time seemed safe enough, so what are you going to do today on your day off?"

"Mmmhm, I'm going to go shopping with my friends, theres this new movie Dani wanted to see so shes forcing me into watching it with her and some others" said Alyssa wording herself carefully and Sungyeol noticed and frowned.

"Others? You mean guys dont you?" asked Sungyeol his jealousy adding to his anger which he tried not to show. He knew she was probably rolling her eyes by now and waited to heard her answer, "aish oppa, stop being so jealous, their friends! Everyone knows that I have a boyfriend even if he's halfway around the world...."'  

"I miss my son..." said Sungyeol's mother and his younger brother looked at her confused "but hyung is just at his dorm and I'm right here.... do you have a third son we dont know about?" he asked.

His mother looked at the younger sibling and shook her head before sighing, "ever since his girlfriend left to go back to America your hyung has been so depressed and all he does is mope around when hes home..... do you know whats going on? Have they lost contact or broken up? I told him a long distance relationship wont work out..."

"Actually I spoke to her the other day, she sent me an email secretly wanting to know how Sungyeol hyung is actually doing.... so I guess their still trying" he responded looking down at his plate. He suddenly got an idea, "umma I'm going to visit Infinite hyungs at their dorm, I'll be back by nighttime bye!!" and he jumped out of his seat and ran out the house.

Sungyeol decided that, that day he would just lay on his bed. He thought that maybe if he sleep longer enough he would wake up eventually to see that Alyssa never actually left. Sungjong tried to get him out of the room but failed and the other members gave up trying to force Sungyeol. "Hyungs its me!" said the voice of Sungyeol's younger brother after he knocked on the door.

"Why are you here?" asked Sunggyu as polite as he could after allowing him to enter the dorm. Sungyeol's little brother looked around and noticed his hyung wasnt around, "so you guys know how hyung is all depressed over Alyssa noona leaving? well I'm going to ask her to come back... permanently" he said not waiting for a response.

"Have you gone crazy? Your going to ask her to leave her whole life, family, friends, even career to come back just because her boyfriend is sad?!" said Hoya trying not to shout so that Sungyeol wouldnt hear the conversation. Sungyeol's little brother flinched slightly but stood his ground, "if she loves my hyung so much, then he's her life like shes his!"

Sunggyu pinched the bridge of his nose and said "its not that easy, she only came here to experience something different not that it was going to change her plans for her future."

"Aish! I thought you guys cared about my hyung like he was actually blood related to all of you but I guess not" the youngest boy said, "Noona can make adjustments, she told me that she would come back but money was an issue and so was the university.... but she could find a way to finish all her studies here and then she could make a life here with hyung!"

"I actually like the sound of that, if it'll bring the old choding back" said Infinite's manager who had walked into the living room. Woohyun opened his mouth to say something but their manager held a hand up, "you know, he's been so depressed lately.... its saddening actually, everyone has noticed even fans... you remember that photo a fan took of Sungyeol holding Alyssa's hand, no one thought much of it cause her face was hidden and they debated if it was really Sungyeol?"

Everyone nodded, Dongwoo added "Alyssa was going crazy" causing everyone to shudder remembering how scared Alyssa had gotten, believing that she had ended Sungyeol's career and was on the verge of breaking up with him to save him.  

"Well, I got a heads up that fans are trying to figure out why Sungyeol is depressed and are starting to search for this mysterious girl trying to get dirt on her" continued the manager, "so the way I see it to stop is by getting Sungyeol to be happy again, and that girl needs to be here, any ideas how to bring her over?"

A few more weeks passed by and Sungyeol's depression was dragging down everyone, "okay Infinite hyungs, we just need to bring Sungyeol out of his room today" said Sungyeols little brother.

"Yay! Operation get the choding back is on" said Dongwoo jumping up from his seat to run to Sungyeol's room with Sungjong and Woohyun behind him.

Hoya stared at Sungyeol's dongsaeng, "I hope you didnt force her into anything" he said, everyone knew Alyssa's home wasnt in Seoul so how would she stay?

"Ugh..." groaned Sungyeol dragging his feet as he walked to an unknown destination with the rest of Infinite, "yah! you almost walked in front of that speeding car" said Sunggyu after he pulled Sungyeol off the street and on the corner of the sidewalk to wait for the light, the former ignored his leader.

"I bet you, he's going to regret not dressing half decent" whispered Woohyun into L's ear who took up the offer, "and I bet at the end, he wouldnt even notice from being shocked, loser buys winner's choice of food?" The pair of them shook hands and continued walking.

"From now on you have to wear this blindfold," said Dongwoo laughing as he pulled out a black blindfold from his hoodie pocket. Before Sungyeol could protest or say a word, Sunggyu held his shoulders down as Dongwoo tied the blindfold. "Are you leading me to my death?" asked Sungyeol half joking around as Sungjong held his upper arm to guide him as they walked.

"Oops! Sorry yeol hyung...." muttered Sungjong when he didnt warn Sungyeol that they were at the last step of the stairs they had been walking on, resulting in the older to trip and fall down. "Aish!" said Sungyeol pulling off the blindfold angrily, he looked around the dark room and took a hesitant step, "guys? this isnt funny!"

A light shone to reveal a stage and a large screen that began to countdown, a slideshow of Alyssa and Infinite began playing quickly and it suddenly stopped. A guitar was strummed and Sungyeol looked at the stage to find L playing a familar tune on the acoustic guitar, Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows in confusion especially when the rest of Infinite appeared and begun singing. But his focus went to the screen behind them, that played a video he had recorded with his girlfriend, he smiled at the ending photo of Alyssa kissing his cheek.

"I dont get-" Sungyeol began but the feeling of someones arms wrapped around his waist stopped his breathing, he looked down at them and felt his heart stop as well. Grabbing the person's arms he turned around to see his girlfriend looking up at him with a smile on her face, without hesitanting he placed his hands on both sides of her face and his lips took hers.

It had been a long time since Sungyeol had pressed his lips against his girlfriends and he didnt want it to end in fear that this was all a dream or hallunciation of his. "So you really are here" whispered Sungyeol after they pulled apart and she stayed in his arms, he reached up to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear and kissed her temple, "I've missed you so much, how are you here? Your supposed to be in America..."

"You should thank your dongsaeng and the rest of Infinite... they helped me arrange to stay studying here until I graduate which isnt any time soon" she answered and they both looked at the stage where the mentioned males were standing with grins on their faces.

"Just kiss and hug and lets go" shouted Dongwoo effectively ruining the emotional moment, "aish" cursed Sungyeol before picking up Alyssa and spinning her around in happiness, "dont leave me like that again" he said softly once he placed her feet back on the ground to kiss her again.