Yesterday is already a memory [Sunggyu]

This thing called LOVE, One shot collection

Song- Infinite's Julia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeKdlrDPKTI

A Childhood Love


A woman around the age of twenty one walked at a steady pace while holding the hand of the man next to her. The street they walked on was busy so they walked close together. "Oh yeobo! Listen to this song, its like it was meant for you" said the man stopping in front of a music store that was playing a song.

'Julia, Julia. I put your time in my heart without even knowing the reason

Yesterday's memories already become a memory, causing my heart to become cold. OH'

The man frowned slightly at the lyrics and said "well besides the meaning behind the song" and the woman laughed at his cute frowning expression before placing a kiss on his cheek. Her smile fell when she heard a familiar voice sing 'The large hurt of thinking that we would last forever, seems to have become a sad smile. Oh baby.'

'No it cant be.... he's singing the song about me?' the woman thought shaking her head to get rid of the thoughts that began to hurt her heart. "Juliet? Whats wrong yeobo?" asked the man who was looking at her worriedly.

The woman named Juliet broken free of her thoughts upon hearing his concerned voice and she pulled a fake smile on, "nothing! lets go, I'm tired all of the sudden." The man didnt ask any further questions and the couple began walking in the direction of her apartment.

 "Do you want me to stay over? You know..." he asked her wiggling his eyebrows and Juliet looked at him with a blank stare before shaking her head, "aniyo I'm very tired, goodnight Jin!"

The man nodded sadly before closing his eyes and leaning forward for a kiss that didnt come, he opened his eyes to see Juliet had already entered her apartment building. 'What did I do this time?' Jin thought before sighing and walking in the direction of the nearest bar.

'Its been a while since you left to become an idol, you finally did it huh.... I'm happy for you' Juliet thought as she pulled out a photo from a secret compartment in her jewelry box. Her finger traced the outline of his face, the smiling teen boy who was kissing a blushing teenaged Juliet on the cheek was now known as the leader of idol group Infinite, Kim Sunggyu. 'Was that song meant for me to hear? Because I did.... or is it a coincidence?' a small frown was set on her face as she put the photo away and went to shower, falling asleep afterwards.

That night she dreamt of her last memory with Sunggyu.

'"We could try, I love you and you love me... thats all that counts!" said Sunggyu running his hands through his hair while looking at Juliet with pleading eyes.

Juliet choked back tears and shook her head, "oppa... your just going to debut, if people especially fans find out about us.... they'll hate you and me... I dont want you to lose fans because of me, I know how important they are to you and you have to think about your group!"

Sunggyu grabbed a hold of her shoulders and forced her to look at by tilting her chin up, "your the most important thing in my life...." and he placed a kiss on her lips which she deepen.

When they pulled again, he thought she had forgotten about breaking up with him but unfortunately she didnt. "Oppa... please, if its really meant to be we'll meet again and if circumstances allow... we'll be together again" she said taking his hand off of her and she turned to walk away before adding "I really do love you Sunggyu oppa... I hope you understand thats why I cant let you ruin your dreams for me..."

She walked away leaving Sunggyu standing in the same spot, each step she took added to the tears that threaten to fall but she knew she was doing the right thing. No holding him back from his dreams.

"Juliet...." Sunggyu murmured tears rushing out of his eyes and down his cheeks.

Juliet woke up the next day with tears in her eyes, but she had called someone and got ready to visit them. She raised her fist and knocked on the wooden door, like she had always done. She could heard the shuffling of feet from the other side of the door, and an older woman opened the door and greeted her. "Auntie! How are you?" Juliet asked after taking her shoes off and entering the house.

"I've been good, what about you Juliet ah? I've heard you recently got engaged to the CEO of the Lee Law Firm's son" said the older woman, slight wrinkles appeared around her eyes as she smiled.

Juliet nodded and tried to take the conversation off of her engagement to something else, "yeah... my arranged marriage" she said sadly adding "so... have you... um.." she began but wouldnt let the words come out of .

"Have I heard from or about my son?" asked Sunggyu's mother the smile not once leaving her face and Juliet let her eyes scan the house, noting that things were quite similar to how they used to be when she would constantly be over. "Well, hes doing good, that group of boys hes with are all so handsome and talented like my Sunggyu" she said and Juliet nodded.

Why did hearing his name still cause her heart to beat faster? Even after all this time, as hard as she tried to not think about him or even watch tv when he appeared, all it took was for his mother to speak about him to cause her feelings to flood back.

"Aigo its a shame your marrying that CEO's son, Sunggyu would be coming home in a few days and I'm sure he would love to see you" said his mother. Even after the time that has passed, his mother still loved the idea of Sunggyu and Juliet getting married and having a family of their own. And she often voiced her opinion to the both of them, she would jump any chance to have them in the same room even though Juliet would find a way out of the situation. This time, Sunggyu's mother had a trick up her sleeve.

Juliet grinned at his mother quickly before giving a blank expression, "ani, I think its best if we dont see each other again...." giving his mother a look, they both obviously knew that if Sunggyu and Juliet were to meet, Juliet would be unable to get married.. happily at least.

"Well sweetheart, I think its too late now" said his mother before pointing her chin in the direction behind Juliet.

Juliet looked confused until she turned around and her eyes immediately widened, raising a hand to cover her gaping mouth. All her memories and feelings flooded her mind by just looking at him. There in front of her stood Sunggyu, smiling at her like he always did expect he wasnt a teenager anymore and neither was Juliet. This sad reality came crashing down on Juliet and she returned her eyes to normal size, "Sunggyu sshi...." she managed to say and he raised an eyebrow at her.

He took a step forward and asked "Sunggyu sshi? what happened to Sunggyu oppa or just plain oppa?"

"Things have um... they've changed" replied Juliet before she began "so um... you look like your doing good, your group is really good..."

Sunggyu smiled and his eyes almost disappeared, Juliet thought back to how she would make fun of how small his eyes were and how mad he would get back when they were in middle school. "So you've heard about Infinite?" he asked still smiling at her and she wished he wouldnt be.

Taking a deep breathe Juliet answered "yeah, I even heard that song Julia" and her eyes bore into his searching through them for an flash of emotion and she saw it.

"That song..... you know, if your thinking it was about you...." Sunggyu began dropping his gaze to the floor, "your right... I was asked to choose a name for the song.. you know to personalize it a bit... and well instead of directly using your name... yeah."

Julia nodded at the explanation and tried not to think anymore of it, her phone began to ring and she excused herself to pick it up, "Hello? I'm over at a... um friends house" she said into the phone and Sunggyu gave her a strange look, "I'll see you tonight... mmhm, okay bye... saranghe" at this Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at her.

"Who was... who was that?" he asked, his eyes still narrow, the jealousy clear in his voice.

"That was my... um... my finacee" she answered saying the last part a bit lower. She was hesistant to tell Sunggyu about her impending marriage and she hated feeling this way. She felt weird telling him she was about to marry someone else and thought back to when they were little.

'"Juliet ah! Lets make a bet, if I make this last shot then you have to promise me something" said a young Sunggyu his eyes sparkling as he held the basketball in his hands.

Juliet thinking there was no way he would make the shot nodded without even asking what the promise would be on, "Deal."

Sunggyu smirked and positioned himself in front of the hoop and jumped up before throwing the ball and it landed perfectly inside the hoop. He turned to the stunned Juliet and said "so promise me that no matter what, we'll end up getting married together!"

"Wha?!" asked Juliet blushing.

"I heard my mom talking about love and stuff and I think we both love each other so why not?" said Sunggyu like it was as simple as that, "plus you made a deal, so promise!" he added holding out his pinky finger. Juliet sighed before smiling and hooking her pinky finger with his, pressing their thumbs together.'

She knew it was a silly childhood promise, but she felt like she was betraying him and breaking that promise. When she looked up at Sunggyu she noticed he looked taken aback and his voice faltered before he cleared his throat, "so your getting, married? Whose the lucky guy?" he asked his voice still cracking over the word married.

"Um.. Lee Jin... son of the Lee Law Firm CEO" she answered and Sunggyu nodded before turning away.

"That explains the giant ring on your finger" said Sunggyu his back to her, he had noticed the diamond ring on her hand when she had covered . He felt stupid to think that she would be back in his arms after today; his mother told him to stay in his room while she spoke to Juliet who had called about coming over. When he heard the knock on the door, his heart felt like it was going to explode from how fast it was beating. And here he was thinking his childhood sweetheart, his only love, would be waiting for him.

Juliet's hand on his shoulder stopped his thought process and he looked at her, "I'm... sorry things didnt work out for us Sunggyu oppa."

Sunggyu watched her turn to walk away and a voice in his head told him if he didnt do anything to stop her, this time she will be gone forever. He followed her to grab her hand in his, they still feel soft like before he thought but quickly thought of what to say. "Wae?.... its still not the end for us, dont marry him... marry me like you promise to do!" said Sunggyu almost yelling at her but he softened when he saw her eyes widened.

"You remember that?.... that was just a childish promise...." she started and looked down at the wooden floor, "and you know things dont work like that, this whole marriage thing... I cant just run away from him and you cant get married, your an idol... we've been through this before."

Sunggyu flinched at the mention of the day that they broke up, he remembers that day crystal clear. If he had stopped her that day, they would have still been together and he would be the one that placed a ring on her finger not that Jin guy. "We'll marry later... just dont marry that guy please! You know I love you, I've thought about you every single day since you left me.... ask my group members they never even met you but know that you lived in California until five, that you snort when you laugh too hard,  that your favorite color is sky blue...." said Sunggyu practically on his knees begging Juliet.

Juliet hated that tears were about to fall from her eyes and how desperate Sunggyu looked, "I know you love me too, why else would you visit my omma and ask about me?" Juliet let the tears fall and Sunggyu reached out to wipe them away, pulling her into his chest. "We're standing here together after all this time, its meant to be and you know it!" said Sunggyu, "just cancel this whole engagement, its arranged anyways.... he doesnt love you like I do and most of all you dont love him like you love me."

"I know..." said Juliet holding back the rest of the tears that were burning her vision. She looked up at Sunggyu who smiled down on her, capturing her lips with his.

"Aigo, your both so cute together!" said the voice of Sunggyu's omma who was smiling at Juliet and Sunggyu who both blushed and pulled away from each other.

"Omma!" whined Sunggyu causing her to chuckle and walk away, "well we have some catching up to do, of course after you settle this whole arranged marriage business" he said smirking at Juliet before grabbing her to give her another kiss.