Heading Home

Our Corner Café

 

Exhaustion was what he had felt over the past few weeks on the road; plane seats were not the most comfortable places to sleep on let alone live in for countless hours. His neck had a cramp and he could only groan every time he made an effort to shift his weight. It was then he so desired he was at home in bed; it had really been too long since he had stepped foot inside him home. His apartment might have been luxurious and exquisite, but it was nothing like the house he was brought up in.

He opened his tired eyes; the shine that once shown no longer as vibrant as the first years he had been on television. His fire had dwindled for nothing seem as exciting as when he first started; the same schedule, the same routine and nothing seemed to change no matter how much he wished for it to every night he looked out the window of the plane he flew in.

“Mr. Park,” he heard and once he glanced to the isle, he saw the flight attendant offering him a smile.

“Would you like something to drink sir?” she asked politely, the smile never faltering.

He studied the young woman for a second, comparing her to the million others who acted polite towards him out of custom and so called respect. He had to wonder their hidden intentions and he found it a habit if not a hobby to try and figure them out himself. The young women often fell under two categories: they wanted to sleep with him or because their job required it. It was rare to find someone who honestly respected him because of the man he was; he wasn’t sure himself what kind of man he was in truth.

“It’s quite alright,” he replied with the smile he always wore and he wanted to roll his eyes when he saw her cheeks turn a shade of red.

She then excused herself and he sighed to himself; he definitely need to head home for a break. He smiled small to himself as he concluded he would make the arrangements when he landed; it was about time he visited his roots. He closed his eyes, a small smile lingering on his lips as he slipped out of unconscious.

The birds chirped loudly and in harmony during the warm spring morning, and the sun was shining brightly from the clear blue sky above. The young boy sat on the green lawn by himself as he rolled the bright blue ball between his spread legs. His hands slapped the sides and made it bounce, before he fell back into the cool grass.

The ball remained between his legs as he slid them to hold the ball. His arms were thrown above his head though he shifted one to hide his face from the blinding sun. The young brown haired boy wasn’t sure just how long he had been outside playing by himself, but he was positive it hadn’t been an hour yet.

The tranquility was suddenly disrupted by a sudden cry from the house and the boy quickly sat up to get a view of who had called out his name.

“Jungsu hyung!”

Jungsu blinked as he watched a younger boy than himself run towards him; the arms flailing around the younger’s body with a grin plastered on his face. Jungsu chuckled as he moved to stand up and greet the energetic bundle, his younger brother. He opened his arms only to be tackled down by the sudden collision of their bodies; Jungsu groaned from getting hit and hitting the ground.

“Hey there kiddo,” he managed to rasp out as he patted the younger’s back as the smaller boy clung to his shirt.

“Hyung I missed you!”

“I missed you too,” he replied with a chuckle as he ruffled the boy’s hair.

The younger sibling sat up on his brother’s body and pouted; Jungsu could only wonder what the young boy was upset about.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back from your trip with uncle!” he whined.

“Because I wanted to surprise you,” Jungsu replied before he flipped their positions and began to tickle his baby brother.

“N-no sto-ah! It hyung!” he managed to get out before his speech was taken over by laughter.

Jungsu did not relent in his attacks and continued to torcher his baby brother; stopping a few seconds before he continued was the routine he settled on. He had missed the smaller boy for most of the summer since his uncle had taken him to visit many cities in the country. He would rather much be at home and goofing off as he was now with his only sibling.

Finally having enough of torturing the poor boy, he stopped and fell to the side; both boys looked up at the clear sky as the youngest tried to catch his breath. After a few moments in silence he turned to Jungsu.

“Hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“Will be close forever?”

Jungsu stopped breathing for a second before he rolled to face his sibling. He offered up a smile before he replied.

“I promise.”

“R-really?!”

“Of course,” Jungsu said as he reached for the other’s pinky and press their thumbs together.

Junsgu was determined; this was a promise he would never break.

“Flight 674, Thank you for flying Korean Airlines and we hope you enjoyed your flight. Please gather your belongings and exit from the front hatch door. Have a nice trip,” Jungsu managed to hear from the plane’s intercom.

He groaned again in his seat and he watched the other passengers, including his crew gather their belongings and his. He closed his eyes for a second more before he pushed himself up from his seat. He glanced at his watch and realized it was 4 in the morning. He sighed before he was told to get off by one of his managers. He nodded and began to look up a few things on his phone as he exited the plane.

It was about time he saw his little brother again.

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for waiting patiently for an update and I am sorry for the looooooong wait.

Finals are coming up after next week so I am stressing.

Please continue to show your support.

Appreciate all the love you show for my stories.

Sorry, its a short one.

Deliagem.