Naive? Foolish?

Our Corner Café

 

Nichkhun and Onew sat at the counter as Hankyung worked on Onew’s order while Eunhyuk was cleaning tables that had left once the customers were done. Henry was cleaning the floor with a broom though and all the workers were glad it was almost closing time. They had a little less than an hour to keep the café open and it was often one of the slowest hours during business.

The only customers that were left were the three men, Siwon, Key, and Minho who still seemed to have a lot to talk about. Interruptions of their chatter would come by either Eunhyuk or Henry asking if they needed anything and those were rare; they didn’t wish to disturb their discussion of they could. However, Key’s attention was slightly split.

His eyes continued to travel to the newest addition; he’d admit he was something to look at. His clothing choices weren’t bad, but Key could change a few things about the wardrobe; it needed some pop of color. Key huffed before returning his attention back to the conversation that had somehow drifted towards Siwon’s lifestyle.

Minho and Key knew he already had another date for the evening; a willing woman who would spread her legs with a smile and Siwon would gladly take the bait. The two could only wonder how much longer the charade would be held before it came back and destroyed the play-boy’s life. Siwon was a fool if he believed that every single woman he slept with would keep the secret, especially when he had a girlfriend.

Neither really cared about the female Siwon had been dating for the past year; she was some woman who often wore heels and flashed the expensive gifts she bought herself with Siwon’s money. Again, they wondered where on earth Siwon had found the chick and just speculate when the fake blonde would find out his infidelity.

“So who’s the unfortunate tramp this time?” spat Key as he took a sip of his iced coffee.

Siwon sent a glare at the feline after he stopped himself from rolling his eyes, but nonetheless he replied.

“Eh, um…that self-absorbed singer…,” he tried to recall the name.

“Jonghyun’s girlfriend?” Minho asked in utter shock as Key nearly choked on his drink.

“The bastard’s girl?” Key hissed.

Siwon slightly gulped at the hatred and fire that rose in the feline’s eyes and nodded stiffly. Perhaps it wasn’t the best choice to go after the fool’s girlfriend, but rumors had it she was a good lay and Siwon was often left unsatisfied now a days. He watched from his seat as Key dug his nails onto the table, trying to restrain all the anger he felt as the diva shook in his seat.

“Cheh, the bastard deserves it,” Key muttered as he suppressed the vile feelings he had for the singer.

Siwon coughed slightly as Minho sunk into his chair in relief; it wouldn’t be another explosion from the anger driven feline. All three took a sip of their respective drinks as they tried to forget the little fret they had seconds ago.

“Are you all, fine?” they heard and they turned to see the waiter who had been serving them earlier before his sudden change with the other two.

“Oh, fine just remembering the good old days,” Siwon tried to pass it off as nothing more than friendly chatter.

“Erm, its fine just please can you not destroy the café’s property?” Nichkhun asked politely as he held the tray to his chest.

“Sorry, our friend has a little… anger management issue,” Minho piped in catching the attention from the dirty blonde.

“Anger management?!” hissed Key glaring at the frog.

“See?” Minho waved off, grinning at the waiter who nodded with a slight blush on his cheeks.

“I-I see,” Nichkhun cursed himself for stuttering.

“I’m sorry, but have I seen you before?” Minho asked causing Nichkhun to tense for a second before he replied quickly with a no.

“No! I mean… I don’t believe so sir, I just moved into the area,” Nichkhun tried to play it off.

“Is that so?” Minho replied tilting his head for a second, “Then I’m sorry to have been a bother,” he finished.

“No, it’s quite alright. Now I’m sorry for the intrusion but if you should excuse me,” he spoke with a bow before he hurriedly walked towards the counter.

Onew, who had been watching their interaction, frowned as he watched his cousin took 4 long strides before he reached the counter when it should have taken him roughly 10 steps. He had noticed the tense shoulders the dirty blonde had once he took a seat in the booth besides him. He swiftly placed a hand on Nichkhun’s shoulder, but remained quiet, which Nichkhun was thankful for.

The pair didn’t notice the owner watching them closely as he cleaned up a bit at the counter; Hankyung had to wonder just what kind of story Nichkhun had, but knew it wasn’t his business to ask. He never did like snooping, but the curiosity still sizzled inside him; it just wasn’t as strong as most people and he could keep himself from getting involved in other’s problems.

His eyes then moved to the clock and they had fifteen minutes before the official closing time. Hankyung called Henry over and asked if he could tell the last three customers’ it was almost time for them to leave as he packed the extra goodies of the day along with Eunhyuk as Nichkhun took over the counter duties. Henry was displeased, but kept his mouth silent and simply replied with a stiff nod. He watched as his cousin and Eunhyuk grabbed a few trays before they disappeared into the back, his eyes narrowing on Hyuk’s back.

Henry knew just how naïve his cousin was on the subject of love and his inability to see that Eunhyuk was practically clinging and following to the man like a lost puppy, though ironically that was how his cousin found the young teen at the time. He felt like he wanted to slap Hankyung for failing to notice the hungry stares he received from Eunhyuk at any given time.

It wasn’t that Henry disapproved of a male on male relationship; rather he knew his cousin was bi and he himself preferred males over girls any day. He simply disapproved at how his co-worker practically drooled over his cousin every time the fool was able to lay eyes on him; he wasn’t sure if what Eunhyuk felt for Hankyung was only skin deep or more.

Seeing how young Eunhyuk was, though older than himself, he knew most only searched for a quick lay and he didn’t want his cousin going through such a thing. Hankyung believed in long steady relationships though, as far as Henry knew, he never had one. Although he was the youngest, Henry could see that Hankyung was in love with the idea of love and it would often blind him from people’s true intentions. His cousin was utterly helpless.

Hankyung was too forgiving and trusted far too easy for Henry’s liking. Often times, he found himself guarding his cousin’s heart. Hankyung could fight and cause good damage, but he had a good heart and always looked for the best in people. Often, Henry would be the one to chase away potential danger from his dearest family member and he would continue to do so until he was sure Hankyung was safe and even after that.

With a heavy sigh, he looked towards the three customers and to his surprise; they were getting up to leave. Quickly, he walked over and bowed to the three men.

“Thank you for choosing our café; please come again,” he said politely with a big smile.

The three men nodded before they stepped out and once the door closed, Henry quickly locked it with the bolt. He allowed a sigh to escape as it settled in that the night was over. With a tired smile he went to see if his cousin needed help, Nichkhun already had Onew helping him out. Swinging the door open, Henry quickly called out.

“Hankyung?”

“Over here Henry!”

Said man quickly walked over to the decorating table to see Hankyung and Eunhyuk packing up the extra pastries and treats.

“Need any help?”

“Can you please bring the last few trays from the front?” Hankyung asked with a smile.

“Of course, be right back,” Henry quickly replied before heading back to the front.

Hankyung grinned before returning to the pastries waiting to be packaged. He always packaged them up and sent them to the food donation organization. It had always had a special place in his heart that solely grew stronger once Eunhyuk or Hyukjae as he was originally called came into his life. He had seen Hyuk’s desperate situation and vowed that if it were possible for him to make a difference, he would.

He did not notice that the younger had stopped packaging to simply stare at him, his eyes shining as a smile broke onto Eunhyuk’s lips. The younger man was just glad that Hankyung came into his life and became his sun.

 

 

 

 

====================================

Chapter four is out and I'm glad I managed to update this story before a whole month passed.

Enjoy this... interesting somewhat inside look into a few characters.

Please leave a comment.

Makes me want to update quicker, though can't always promise it will happen.

I am not sure when I will be able to update this story again for I try to keep an order.

Again, it doesn't always goes as plan.

But know that I love to read any comment or review you guys leave.

Please show this story and all others some love.

Deliagem