Child's Play

Child's Play

 

A/N: Let’s pretend Sandeul has a little brother @_@

You smiled as you watched the children playing with each other. Working at the daycare was something you enjoyed since you loved children. You were young, but you were great with children and they loved you too. One day, there was suppose to be a new child coming to the daycare.

“Okay kids. There’s going to be a new child coming to play so let’s all be nice.”

They all nodded as you heard the door bell ring, meaning the new child has arrived. You turned around to see a handsome man holding a young boy in his arms.

“Hello. I’m here to drop off my little brother.”

You blushed a little at the sight of the handsome man. But you quickly made your blush go away and smiled at the man. He smiled back as he tried to hand his little brother to you, but he clung onto his neck. You stared at the little boy then back at the man.

“Ah, SangMin is always like that. He doesn’t like leaving my side.” He got on his knees as he got his brother to release his grip on the man.

“SangMin-ah. I’ll be back in 4 hours. I know it seems like a long time, but it’ll fly by if you be friendly and good to this nice woman here.”

You got on your knees too as you smiled at the little boy.

“I’ll be sure to let you have a great time!”

He seemed to hesitate at first, but finally agreed as he climbed into my arms. We both stood up as the man quickly took out a piece of paper.

“My name is Sandeul. Here’s my number. Call me if anything happens okay?”

You nodded as you took the paper. He smiled very sweetly at you as he started to leave the building. Inside you were screaming because you were lucky to get a cute guy’s number, even if it was only for business. SangMin looked at all the kids as you smiled at him.

“Let’s go say hi to the other kids. How old are you SangMin?”

He rose up 5 fingers to you. You smiled at how cute he was as you walked towards the children.

“Kids, this is SangMin. He’s five years old so let’s all treat him well okay?”

All the kids nodded as they went back to playing. You put SangMin back down on his feet. He looked up at you and you smiled.

“It’s fine. Go play.”

He looked back down as he walked off towards a group of kids. They all greeted him as he sat down and played with them. You smiled as you went to go check on the 3 month old child. When you came back with the 3 month old in your arms, you saw SangMin sitting in a corner by himself. You walked over to him and saw he was looking at a book by himself.

“What are you reading SangMin?”

He looked up at you as he showed you the book cover. You saw the cover was called the ugly duckling.

“Is that your favorite book?”

He nodded as he continued staring at the pictures. You finally realized he never spoke once. It made you worry. Later all the kids’ parents came and picked them up except for SangMin. You looked at him sitting there playing with building blocks. “What are you building here?” He looked up at you and smiled. This was the first seeing him smile. He looked just like his older brother. Suddenly the bell rung and came in Sandeul.

“Hey. Was he good today?”

“Yeah.”

You carried SangMin in your arms and walked over to Sandeul. He immediately went into Sandeul’s arms and smiled. Then you thought about earlier and wanted to ask.

“He doesn’t seem to talk to the other children. It made me worried so I wanted to ask.”

Sandeul stopped playing with his brother and looked at you seriously. SangMin snuggled his face into Sandeul’s neck.

“Ah…yeah. My brother is mute. When he was three, he got his vocal chords removed because it was undeveloped. So he couldn’t use it anyway.”

You nodded as SangMin had a sad expression on his face. You patted him on the head and smiled.

“It’s fine SangMin. I’ll bring in drawing boards tomorrow so you won’t feel lonely.”

Sandeul smiled and thanked you as he left. You sighed as you took turned off the lights, grabbed your bag and closed the daycare for the day.

The next day, you were on the bus to the daycare center until you noticed SangMin getting on the bus with Sandeul following behind. He looked over at you and smiled. He walked over with SangMin and they both sat next to you.

“Hey! I was actually on my way to drop SangMin off at the daycare.”

You smiled at Sandeul and then looked over to SangMin.

“SangMin-ah, do you know how to write or read?”

“He can’t write. But he can read.” You nodded.

“i’ll teach you okay?”

He nodded as you smiled. for the bus ride, you, Sandeul, and SangMin had a conversation together, SangMin hand signing to Sandeul. When it was your stop, you all walked off the bus and stood together. You both smiled at each other awkwardly as you both walk together to the daycare center. Once you both reached, you stood there awkwardly facing each other.

“Well, I guess I’ll go now. I’ll pick up SangMin in the usual time.”

You nodded as he started walking away while glancing back at you and him every once in a while. SangMin tugged on your shirt, making you look at him and smile. You both walked in together as you placed your bag down and pulled out a learning book, a marker, and a sketchbook. SangMin looked excited as he saw all these things.

“This is all for you. This book, everyday, we’ll learn the entire alphabet and some simple words you probably know, but don’t know how to spell. I want you to be able to live a good happy life.”

Suddenly he had tears in his eyes as he made some hand signs but you didn’t understand. You brought him into a hug as you comforted him. He just silently cried.

“SangMin, I will learn hand signing so I can understand what you want to say other than just writing okay?”

He nodded as he started grabbing the book and looking through. Later all the other children arrived and they all started to play together. I was with SangMin most of the time and he caught on the letters very well since he already knew how to read. After 4 hours have passed, all the children left with their parents like usual as I sat there with the 3 month old in my lap and SangMin.

He seemed very interested in the baby and would just sit there and watch as I would play with its hands. Then the parents came by and picked up their child.

“We can’t thank you enough to be taking care of our child.”

“Oh it’s no problem! I know how hard work is.”

At that moment, SangMin pulled at the sleeve of my shirt and held up his board. In amazement, he already wrote words.

‘Can we read a book now?’

You smiled as you picked up SangMin and looked back at the parents.

“Well, I have to take care of this little child here. Have a safe trip home.”

You and SangMin bowed to them as you started walking away with SangMin. Suddenly you heard them before you were out of hearing distance.

“Is that child retarded? He’s using a board to speak.”

SangMin looked down as he wrapped his arms around your neck while you held him and patted his back. You both walked into the room and continued to communicate with each other.

The next day you received a call from Sandeul. You were weirded out since it was your day off, but you couldn’t ignore it.

“Hello?”

“Ah! __________?”

You blushed from him saying your name so suddenly.

“Yes?”

“Can you come over? My address is _____________. I need to head out and I can’t bring SangMin with me. I know it’s your day off, but I really can’t leave him alone in the house by himself.”

You agreed then hung up. You got yourself ready and headed out. After taking a taxi, you finally made it over to his apartment and rang the doorbell. Few seconds passed and suddenly a pretty boy opened the door and smiled at you. Shocked, you looked at the apartment number and it was right.

“Uhh, is Sandeul here..?”

“Ah! You’re the girl he always talks about! You know, he always tells us about you and-“

Suddenly the man was pulled away from the door by Sandeul and smacked on the head.

“DON’T SAY WEIRD THINGS! Ah, Sorry about him. This is Jinyoung. He makes up crazy things.”

“But I didn’t make anything u-“

Sandeul smacked him on the head again.

“Hahaha~ Why don’t you come in?”

You walked into the apartment to see SangMin with 3 other guys and they all looked up at you. They all stood up as SangMin looked up at you and ran up and hugged you. They saw this and thought it was strange.

“You must be really special to the kid. What’s your name?”

“____________”

The one with glasses smiled which made you blush a little. They were all so attractive.

“I’m CNU. That’s Baro” The one with blonde hair waved his hand at you and smiled.

“You’ve already met Jinyoung.” The pretty boy standing next to Sandeul waved at you while smiling sweetly.

“And that’s GongChan” The man with the baby face smiled and waved at you.

You started thinking for a minute why they seemed familiar and it finally smacked you on the face.

“You guys are B1A4!!”

They all stared at you and were surprised you didn’t notice that the first time you met Sandeul. The shock hit you so hard your knees became weak and fell to the floor. SangMin got worried and grabbed your arm. You looked over at him then smiled.

“I’m fine.”

Sandeul quickly ran to you and helped you back up on your feet then to the couch. All the members snickered to each other.

“Sandeul and _________ sitting in a tree~”

Sandeul glared at the members as they smiled and laughed a little.

“Alright Sandeul, we have to go to practice. We’ll see you in 3 hours __________-ah~”

Jinyoung said as he winked at you. Sandeul made a grumpy face and raised his arm like he was going to hit him making you giggle.

“You should go. Don’t want you to be late.”

He turned back to you and smiled.

“Yeah”

He got up and smiled at you again as he started walking behind the other B1A4 members. Once they were out of the apartment building, you slumped on the couch and sighed deeply. SangMin help up his marker board at you.

‘Are you okay?’

You smiled as you ruffled his hair.

“Yes. I’m fine. Have you been using the marker board more often now? Isn’t it a lot easier than memorizing a lot of hand signs?”

He nodded as he erased his words and rewrote some new ones.

‘It’s still fun to learn new things anyway.’

You nodded as you looked down from your phone vibrating. You opened your phone to see it was from Sandeul.

-From Sandeul-ssi:

Hey! If you and SangMin ever get hungry, you can order something or make Ramen!-

You smiled as you read the text then looked over at SangMin who held up his board at you again.

‘Was that from Sandeul-hyung?’

You nodded as you got off the couch and sat on the ground next to SangMin. You both continued to have fun together while communicating and helping him learn new words. Hours passed by and you were dead tired for no reason so you slumped on the couch while SangMin was watching TV. Eventually you fell asleep. After half an hour, Sandeul came back earlier than the other members who went out to eat.

“SangMin! I’m home!” SangMin quickly ran up and put his finger up to his mouth in the “shhh”-ing position. He got confused until he noticed you on the couch asleep. He smiled as he put his bag down and walked over to your sleeping body. He sat down on the ground as he stared at your peaceful face. SangMin was watching you both until he got bored then walked into the other room.

Sandeul watched as SangMin left then back at you. Some of your hair was on your face, so he lightly brushed it away from your hand. He listened to your heavy breathing as his face became slightly red.

“Man, am I a creep or what?! Watching a girl sleep…but…she looks so pretty…”

After a while, he slowly leaned in and kissed you on the lips. The contact woke you up and you opened your eyes to see Sandeul kissing you. He opened his eyes and realized you were awake and jumped back and hit the coffee table.

“A-AH! Are you okay?!”

You suddenly fell off the couch on top of Sandeul. You both stared at each other until you realized the situation and finally jumped up and grabbed your stuff. Very embarrassed and red faced, you headed towards the door.

“W-Well it was nice seeing you around Sandeul-ssi! U-uh, I’ll be going now! TAKE CARE!”

Before he could say anything, you were already gone. Sandeul sighed heavily as he buried his head in his knees and ruffled his hair in frustration. SangMin was watching the whole thing and became worried and confused…

The next day, you were at the daycare like usual. All the kids arrived like usual, but SangMin wasn’t here yet. You weren’t prepared to meet Sandeul yet since what happened last night was so sudden to you. Why did he do it? Did he like you? You shook your head as you heard the door open and you looked up to see Sandeul carrying SangMin. You stood up suddenly and walked into the kitchen to go make the children snacks. SangMin stared at you, then back to Sandeul to see a hurt expression on his face. Sandeul placed SangMin on the ground and helped him remove his coat and shoes before he left. SangMin walked into the kitchen and stared at you. You looked back at him then quickly tried to push him out.

“Don’t come into the kitchen SangMin! It’s too dangerous for children!”

SangMin stared at you then eventually left the kitchen. Later, you came out with snacks and everyone was eating together with their groups of friends. SangMin was sitting with you while drinking his juice. After he finished he wrote something down on his board.

‘Are you okay?’

You smiled at him as you ruffled his hair.

“Yes, I’m okay.”

He wrote again.

‘Do you not like my brother?’

You were shocked from this question. Your face started to turn red as you remembered last night.

“Y-yes, of course I like your brother! I like everyone!”

He sat there and stared at you, then looked back down at his lap. You got worried about his attitude since he’s only a child. He should be happy and having fun. He looked back up at you and smiled. You both had a conversation together as time went by. Then later, it was time to close the daycare, but Sandeul hasn’t arrived yet, so you decided to take him back to his apartment and wait for Sandeul to return.

You both finally made it to the apartment and stood outside the door. SangMin sat down and you decided to follow. You both sat there for a while until you saw Sandeul running towards you two. You both stood up as he was trying to catch his breath. Once he was okay, you both looked at each other in the eyes and awkwardly looked down.

“You were late so I decided to take him home since I was supposed to close the daycare…”

“Yeah…”

You bowed at Sandeul and started walking away until SangMin grabbed your hand. He grabbed Sandeul’s hand as well and put your hands together making you two hold hands. You blushed as you looked at Sandeul who had the same expression as you. Embarrassed and confused. 

“Aishh. SangMin. Haha. Just some child’s play. You can leave now if you wa-“

SangMin gave us the hand sign for wait as he took out his board and marker and began writing.

‘I don’t understand what happened.’

‘But I don’t like it.’

‘Noona said she likes hyung,’

You blushed immediately as Sandeul stared at you, and then looked back at SangMin.

‘Hyung told me noona is pretty and he likes her.’

It was Sandeul’s turn to feel embarrassed.

‘If hyung and noona like each other,’

‘Why can’t we all be happy?’

You were shocked at SangMin’s brilliance. He was able to understand the situations just by looking at both of us. He only wanted us to be happy and not being weird or fighting. You smiled as you walked over and hugged SangMin. Sandeul stood there as he watched you two then awkwardly coughed. You looked over at him and smiled as he smiled back to you.

“So…would you like to come inside?”

You nodded as he opened the door and wrapped his arm around your shoulder. You both walk into the living room together as you and Sandeul sit with each other on the couch. You awkwardly sat there until Sandeul held your hand and looked at you.

“SangMin said we both liked each other…and he wants us to be happy…so…is it okay if you’ll be happy with me?”

You stared at him as you smiled.

“I’d like that.”