Four

Savage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four.

 

 

Is it possible to love two people at the same time?

 

I don’t know. I’m beginning to think I’m crazy. What even is love. How convenient would it be if there was a formula to calculate it or a certain symptom you get when you are in love?

 

Lately I’ve been thinking I should start a pro/con list for each person. Or maybe I can come up with life or death scenarios that would make me have to choose one or the other. Or even better. I’ll just go kiss both of them again and whoever makes me feel all the fireworks and butterflies certainly has to be the one.

 

Yup, I have definitely gone crazy.

------

 

Three days before

 

It had been two weeks since their fight. She didn’t call. He didn’t call. Clearly that was just simply due to their stubborn natures.

 

Good news was Krystal was no longer staying with Sehun. She had decided to visit her sister, Jessica, who currently lived in a quiet town near Portland. Bad news was that none of them were on speaking terms.

 

But that was to be expected. After all, Krystal did kiss Sehun and she did hiss at Jongin. How funny is it that a simple change in one letter of a word can make a world of a difference?

 

And it was that kiss that was making her heart falter, making her question everything she had with Jongin. She couldn’t bear to hurt either of them, but she knew her actions had already done the damage. And she was acting like such a coward, unable to even tell Jongin what had happened between Sehun and her. Nevertheless, she needed the time to escape.

 

She arrived at Jessica’s early morning. No call beforehand, no warning.

 

Holding her three month old in her hand as she opened the front door, all Jessica had to do was take one look at Krystal’s face to know that something was deeply troubling her baby sister. Without hesitation, she wrapped her free arm around Krystal’s neck, putting the three people in a tight embrace.

 

“Unnie, stop it, you’re going to suffocate the baby!” Krystal’s muffled declaration could barely be heard through Jessica’s smothering arm.

 

“Shh, shh, it’s fine, he’s sleeping anyway.”

 

“Okay then unnie, you’re going to suffocate me!”

 

Jessica finally let go. And the two sisters let out a few uncontrollable giggles. Almost at once, Krystal began to feel just a little better.

 

“Come in, come in, I just made some tea.”

 

As Krystal walked into her sister’s home, she was overwhelmed by familiar smells of their own childhood place. There seemed to be an apple pie baking and a fresh potpourri scent that danced gracefully across the room.

 

Since when did my beloved sister start becoming such a good homemaker? A year ago, she could barely make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, let alone know how to bake and cook!

 

With a chuckle, Krystal shouted into the other room: “So how’s the married life unnie? Where is Joonmyun oppa today?

 

There was a slight pause until Jessica suddenly appeared from the kitchen, pie in one hand and tea in the other. “Oh, he’s on a fishing trip with the others, you know like Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun. Lately he’s been so into that, which makes no sense to me honestly, but at least he’s learning some patience!”

 

Krystal smiled. She was g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter