Chapter 9: Finally, the reveal

Perfect wings

“The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should be treated with caution.”   J.K. R owling

 

Sweet intoxicated smell, soft feathery touch and bright warm feel…

I woke up to the prefect morning, only to remember it wasn’t that prefect due to last night’s horrifying events. I stared at the room that I had no recollection of being here. The pure white room with only a large bed in it was just a little too dream-like. Maybe, all of these were a nightmare. If I fall back asleep, I might be able to return to my life, where no angels and demons existed.

As I fall back, I realized it wasn’t the soft pillows I had. It was replaced with Dongwoon’s lap. I shut my eyes, trying to psycho myself it was merely a dream. Go away, nightmares! Peeking a little, I was still glancing at Dongwoon’s god-like features.

“No…” I groaned silently.

“Morning,” Dongwoon smiled, even his smile was prefect. “Are you unhappy to see me?”

“Yes, because the fact you are real proves that devils and angels exist.” I sat up straight.

“Angels and demons can’t be that bad, right? Give me some credit; I make the best coffee in the world. You have to agree with that no matter what.” Dongwoon pointed out. Hmm… Actually, I do have to agree with that.

“But, what does that have to do with angels?” I rolled my eyes, realizing his tactic to agree with him.

“Everything,” Dongwoon grinned. “By the way, Ji Yong’s up.”

“Ah…” I nodded slowly.

“You don’t have to do this if you aren’t ready, you know.” Dongwoon took my hands in his, it.

“I do too.” I grimaced. Dongwoon sighed as he led me out, taking my hands. The whole house was in pure white, perfectly spotless, not even a hint of other colours except for the sun shining in. Ji Yong sat weakly on the white leather couch, sipping the contents from his cup- the familiar smell of coffee. I turned and smirked at him. Dongwoon nodded his way to the coffee table, indicating my share of coffee was prepared.

“Hi,” I stood awkwardly in front Ji Yong. He smiled with his pale lips, looking more restless than ever.

“I’m sorry to cause you so much trouble.” Ji Yong apologized.

“I hope it’s worth that much trouble.” I sat down together with Dongwoon, taking my cup of coffee. Ji Yong smirked, his eyes filled with deep thoughts. “So, are you alright now?”

“Not dead yet,” Ji Yong chuckled softly. Then he gestured, “All thanks to Dongwoon.”

“Tell me your deal with Hades’ wife and how you need help.” I spoke up, knowing we have to start on the topic.

“When I went to the underworld, I met Hades’ wife, Persephone. She heard about me and knew I was the right candidate for the job. She overheard Hades’ plan to overrule Zeus together with Helios, the god of sun. They wanted to destroy Earth with the heat of sun. So, she requested me to stop them with my ability to fly. However, my wings were destroyed. Persephone handed me a parchment to find real wings.”

“Hades found out only moments later. So, in the commotion of trying to escape, I lost the parchment. It fell through the gates of underworld and onto Earth. Thereafter, it was known as the prophecy, which is in relation to you.” Ji Yong indicated to me.

“Some tragic hero you are.” I smirked, toying with the teaspoon- Victorian styled teacups in prefect white, another master piece in this place.

“That’s the only way to live.” Ji Yong shrugged innocently. “But, I never succeed in flying near the sun.”

“Didn’t you hear what your father says? Wax will melt.” I pointed out a simple fact. Dongwoon suppressed a laugh as if to question the intelligence of Ji Yong.

“But without my father’s craftsman, there isn’t any other way to create such wings. Given the limited properties of materials I could use, wax was the best choice.” Ji Yong argued, folding his arms. I pouted in annoyance, tapping my fingers against the cup I was holding.

“So, do you really know the prophecy?” Ji Yong asked with extreme cautious. I nodded with hesitation. As much as I want to avoid the topic, I need to face it.

“Wait,” I turned to Dongwoon. “What do you know and who is that Baro guy?”

“Baro?!” Ji Yong was in defensive stance immediately. “Where?!”

“You know him?” I raised a brow questioningly.

“Sort of, he is sent to capture me” Ji Yong swiped the room carefully with his sharp eyes.

“I only knew the existence of such prophecy that would stop the destruction of the entire world. And for Baro, why not you ask him yourself?” Dongwoon smiled kindly before turning towards the open balcony. “You owe her an explanation, Baro.”

“Hey, yo! I guess you found me then,” Baro landed silently on the balcony, his black wings stretched widely.


^^

Sorry for being such a bad author! Been busy the whole week!): 

Hope you guys are still enjoying the story~ 

AM so in love with knits like forever! Mango's new season colelction is like filled with awesome sweaters & knits, jackets. So tempted to buy, however, because of the price (I'm so broke!) & the humid & warm warm weather in Sg. This . :/ Now, I just want to go somewhere with snow or windy. It would be so comfy. New Zealand would be nice(: