Chapter 11: Down to the underworld

Perfect wings

“Hmm, you smell so deliciously nice.” He his lips in a y way, breathing dangerously near my neck. He had his one arm locked around my neck and the other on my waist. There wasn’t any way I could get a look at this stranger. How did I even…?!

“You are one danger magnet.” He teased, amusement tinted his voice. “But, I love it. We’re going somewhere else more dangerously fun.”

Before I could protest, we were falling. Falling through a hole that crack apart beneath us - a deep dark hole that seemed endless. Even if I screamed, there isn’t any way to hear through those gushing wind. Thinking back, I was in a position that put me in danger – a tumbling steel bar. So, I guess this stranger pulled me away just in time before I was crashed by the steel bar.

“We are here.” The stranger smiled, releasing his grip on me. I then got a good look at him and the land we are standing on. It was the exact replica of city of Seoul. It was just that building was in black and wall peeled, bricks chipped and roads cracked with smoke steaming out, revealing molten lava.

“Welcome to the underworld.” He smirked, gesturing to the place.

“I must be dreaming.” I groaned softly, shutting my eyes tight. This is a dream, Liz. This is a really bad dream, wake up! As I opened my eyes, the stranger stood right in front of me. I nearly screamed, taking a step back.

“Watch it; you won’t want to go through those gates.” The stranger caught me in an instant, blocking me from the back. I titled my head around, facing the large metal gates.

“Anyway, I’m Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun.” He smiled warmly, stretching his hands out for me. I never took it, afraid of his presence and the place. “Don’t worry and follow me.”

Like before, I couldn’t resist his pull, as I was dragged around in the city just like that. Soon enough, we reached the tall tower that loomed the city. Jonghyun or whoever he was brought me up to the top floor. One by one the rooms revealed themselves in the long corridor. It was clean and chic, full of wall hanging.

“Come in,” A voice came from inside as Jonghyun knocked on the door of the last room in the corridor. We entered the room with fear; even Jonghyun was being at his upmost serious mode. Was he/she someone to fear of?

“Lord, I have bought her to you.” Jonghyun bowed with much respect. Sitting on a high chair was a man, one with high authority and power. A black formal shirt covered in muscles curves after curves, matched with his sleek black pants and leather oxfords.

“How do I address you, my lady?” The lord came closer, taking my hand in a gentleman way and gave it a peck. I was startled at this, jerking my hands back. He simply smirked, and with a wave of hands, Jonghyun was gone.

“Who are you?”

“Ah, forgive this forgetful old man.” He bowed in an English gentleman way. “I am the Hades, ruler of underworld, husband of Persephone, or simply just call me Siwon.”

He frowned, looking around at the surrounding. Then he cringed, clicking his fingers. A black sofa appeared instantly from thin air, swiping me off the feet and onto the sofa. Next, coffee table with tea came flying in. I sat there, frozen. Just get me out of here!

“Well, let’s cut story short.” Siwon twirled the wine glass in his hands as he sat opposite me. “You should have guessed what I want and…”

“Wait,” I cut across him. “I was dragged here without any consent and now I am except to know something that I don’t understand?”

“Come’ on, don’t play with me.” Siwon groaned and his grip tightened on the wine glass. “Don’t test my patience when I’m being nice.”

“But the problem is that I’m not!” I shrugged in innocence.

“Enough!” The glass shattered into pieces. Siwon was red and fiery. Yes, burning with flames. Or rather, he was holding flames on his hands like some action hero who possessed special powers. I was totally shell shock, speechless at what I was dealing with.

I am going to die, right here, right now. Bye, dad, mum, sister. I never regret anything and I love you guys. Maybe it was a sign I would die and…

“My lady!” Siwon was startled, gazing his way behind my back. The flames distinguished immediately. I turned around immediately, so ever grateful of my saviour. My saviour was like a goddess, or rather she might be. No one in the right mind would live in hell.

“Oh my, what a lovely guest we have here.” The mysterious lady ignored her husband, and glide gracefully towards me. She reached her hands out, smiling. “You’re safe now.”

I gapped; opening and closing my mouth like an idiot.

“My name is Persephone.”


Hey hey!

It has been awhile huh? I totally miss AFF. I'm sorry for the hiatus.

& thanks for staying with this story, really.<3  you guys are great!^^

Anyway, I'm happy, glad that everything is over. & hope you guys would enjoy the story too!^^