Chapter 1: Flashback

♥`The Day I Fell in Love With You`♥ - (Hongki♥Bom)

Here goes my first update ^_^ I hope you'll still like this one too >_< Hope to hear your comments guise, let me know what you think. Sorry if its crappy. 

Hongki's POV:

*Flashback*

“Hongki baby...your appa’s looking for you.” Said Mrs. Lee to her 7 yrs. Old son Hongki. The young boy just looked up at his mother for awhile and nodded.

He was standing outside their house and was directly staring at their neighbor’s  teenage daughter, Bom. The Park just moved in yesterday and he was already taken aback by the girl’s beauty. She’s really beautiful, but maybe she’s not aware of it.  She was standing in front of their house and was talking to someone over the phone. Completely oblivious to his stare. He sighed as he went inside their house. He don’t know what’s going on with him. He’d seen more beautiful girls around their school, but this is the first time he was smitten by one’s charms. He wanted to talk and introduce himself to her. But he’s shy and scared that she might scold him off.

He found his dad working on a study table for him.

“I’m here appa.” He asked his dad.

“Ah finally, can you hand me my tools. Its over there, beside the window.” His dad replied. He went to get his tools but stopped when he glanced over the window and saw Bom smiling at him, though he’s pretty sure he’s not the reason why she smiled because she was still talking to someone over the phone. It took him a few minutes before he went back to his dad. His father took notice of his behavior and went over the window to see what got him stucked for awhile. And his dad smiled at him.

“You like Park Bom, am I right?” his dad asked. His face flushed from embarrassment.

“You’re still young son, but Its ok to like girls. And she seems nice.” His dad added before getting the tools from him. He stared at Bom again.

As days passed by his feelings for the girl started to grow even more. He tried to stop his growing feelings but he can’t. Everything about Bom is likeable. There’s no reason for him to hate her. She’s very nice, friendly, bubbly and funny. She’s a perfect girl. She loves her family, friends and their pets as well. What’s there to hate about her?

Maybe he hates the fact that he’s still young and someone like Bom will never develop feelings for someone like him.

 

After few years…

“Park Bom-shi!!” he called while knocking on their door. Then Bom opened it.

“Hongki, what brings you here?” she asked smiling at him.

“I – I , well ..uhmm memummadethiscakehopeyoulikeit!” he said bowing to her as he handed her the chocolate cake. Hoping she’ll accept the cake, he was on the verge of crying if ever she won’t accept the cake. Though he’s already 14 years old, Bom’s already in her early 20’s.

“Wait, what did you say?” she asked as she took the chocolate cake.

“Well, my mom made that and I was hoping you’ll like it.” He finally said it.

“Aww, really? That’s so sweet of you Hongki. Thank you!” she said and gave her a kiss on his right cheek before pulling him in. He was still in shocked after what she did. He was touching his cheek and was looking at her blankly.

“Are you ok? Come on, you have to join me!” she said tagging him along to the kitchen.

She took a small plate and gave him some of the cake and they both ate it happily. He was really happy, just seeing how happy she is. He smiled at her. ‘How I wish I can be your boyfriend someday, Park Bom-shi.’ He said to himself still staring at the beautiful goddess beside him. They’ve become good friends for the last few years and he was more than thankful she considered him as one.

Then one day he received the worst news from his parents. He was stunned, he wasn’t able to move until he collapsed. And was brought to the hospital.

“Hongki…” his mother greeted him when he arrived from school.

“Hmm? What’s wrong umma?” he asked. Still holding his backpack.

“I don’t know if you want to know about Park Bom.” His mother said looking more worried. He smiled upon hearing her name. Of course he’s interested, anything about her interests him.

“Really? What about her?” he asked.

“Well, her mother told me ..she got a boyfriend now. And –“ her mother continued but stopped when she saw him collapsed and fell flat on the floor.

Bom even visisted him when he stayed at the hospital. But he didn’t know what to tell her. How should he react. He really wanted to cry when he saw her looking so worried. He can still remember what she told him that day.

“Hongki-ah, what happened? You got me really worried. Aish! Please take care of yourself ok?” she said, caressing his hand. He felt really happy and sad at the same time. Happy because she was worried for him, sad because he can’t accept the fact that he can no longer be her boyfriend. He planned to tell her about his feelings, but was too late.

“I – I guess I was tired from the school’s activities and all, don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine.” He lied. He doesn’t feel fine at all. When Bom left, his parents came with their family doctor and told him about his situation. He has a weak heart. He shouldn’t get himself do heavy works or anything that would make him feel restless or tired, because it’ll affect his heart. For now they need to monitor his condition and with some medication he’ll be safe. It’s not that serious.

His dad asked him if he wanted Bom to know about his condition, and he said no. ‘She doesn’t need to know.’ Was all his reply to his dad. Though her parents know, they managed to keep it as a secret from their daughter. He don’t want her to worry about him.

After that incident they still see and talk to each other but they don’t hang out with each other that much like they used to, if she has a problem she would go and see him instead of her friends which flattered him even more. When she told him she wanted to be a singer. He told her that she must follow her dreams. She would most of the time came to him crying, because she was rejected by the company several times, he wanted to beat the hell out of the person who rejected her, but figured out he can’t all he can do was to be there for her and comfort her. He was at the point of telling her to stop and find another company who’ll accept her but he changed his mind when one day she went to him and was so happy because she finally got in. He’s more than happy for her. She trained under YGE, for years. That’s why he barely sees her anymore, she was now staying with her co-trainees. He misses her so much but all he can do was to send her text messages checking if she’s all right.

He wanted to think it was a blessing in disguise for him, at least staying away from her wouldn’t be too hard. He’s starting to get used to the feeling of not having her around. He still have a life to live. Though he admit, Bom’s his life. Its just that she doesn’t know about it, which . 

*End of Flashback*