Chapter 5: Rival?? What the--?

My Brother Is My Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"errrmmm... You saved me, right?" She said happily... "And you kissed me!!! HAH!!!" she continued teasing.

 

 

------------------------------

 

Rio looked at Ryosuke’s fading figure that just left her dumfounded within seconds. She blinked twice trying to process what just happened but the blushed coloured cheeks given off by the boy just now was enough to make both ends of her lips apart.

 

He kissed her for Pete’s sake! That should’ve meant something right?

 

Within seconds, Rio felt another tingle in her spine as she touched the corner of her lips with an amazed expression. Until now, she can’t get over the addicting sensation she just felt a while ago when Ryosuke pulled her for a kiss.

For this time… she knows… she was flailing! Flailing like any fangirls do…

 

She took a deep breath and stared at an empty space trying to process what was Ryosuke thinking. Indeed, he kissed her… but does that mean anything?

 

He said it himself… not to misunderstand. Within realising, Rio just frowned at the thought but soon enough boosted her energy when she realised one thing… She has to keep going.

That kiss may mean nothing for now but soon it will… maybe someday it will.

 

 

-----------------------------

 

"Rio-chan!!!" Rio looked up and saw her two best friends running towards her in worried faces. Umika and Suzuka felt their own hearts racing as they shortened the distance between the quiet Rio and themselves. It was not long when Rio saw these two girls panting in front of her as if running for a marathon.

 

"Where have you been missy? We've been looking all over for you!" they said in perfect sync as they draw closer to Rio. With this scene, Rio just can’t help but to giggle as she saw Umika’s face almost in a lecturing her state.

 

"What are you laughing at? You made us worry..." Umika said still trying to gain her normal breathing rate. "WAHHHHHH!!! What happened to you? You're bleeding... Why do you have bruises? WHAT HAPPENED?" Umika continued and shook both Rio's shoulder while shouting at her. You may say that these girls worry too much but in fact, they do. They’re just good friends like that.

 

"ANSWER ME!!"

 

"Relax guys... I'm okay... Some of Yama-chan's fans played a prank on me after P.E. class" Rio calmly said to her two friends while struggling against Umika’s capture.

 

"Relax?!! They bullied you and you're asking us to relax? Where are they? Let's kick some !" Suzuka protested and grabbed Umika and Rio's arm to indicate war.

 

However, Rio just smiled. She was very happy to have these two great friends ready to have a fight for her. Also, all of her happiness had been drawn with the fact that her Yamada Ryosuke saved her. Not only that... kissed her.

 

"Chotto Suzu-chan... It's okay now. I think they won't bother me anymore" she said with a smile – still touching the corner of her lips as she remembered the scene that just happened between her and Yamada.

 

"Ehh?? What do you mean?"

 

"Yama-chan protected me earlier. He warned them not to bother me again"

 

Suzuka and Umika stared at her wide eyed. They blinked twice as they heard what Rio said and just hoped that she will tell them the full detail. The know for a fact that Ryosuke acts a little bit colder towards Rio but the idea that he saved her made them wonder indeed… "Hontou?? Come on Rio-chan... you have to tell us everything that happened... tell us how he saved you."

 

Remembering this made Rio's face crimson red and looked down with embarrassment. The two girls chuckled at the scene as they saw a blushing Rio in front of them – face can win over a tomato.

 

"We're your friends right? Tell us..." Umika and Suzuka guided Rio to sit on the nearest bench and readily positioned themselves on each side ready to listen to the whole story. They attentively sat down on their respective seats while smirking happily, ready to hear Rio’s explanation.

 

By then, Rio told them every detail of her tale...

 

---------------------

 

 

"HE KISSED YOU???!" Umika and Suzuka said together in perfect sync again.

"SHHHHHHH... be quiet please..." Rio pulled her two friends closer who were practically shocked of what she said. "If Yama-chan knew I told you, he'll kill me... Please don't tell anyone..." she placed her index finger on the surface of her lips, begging her two friends not to mention it to anyone.

 

"You can trust us... but... but... he kissed you!! Sugoi... I didn't expect Yama-chan to be that fast... I look up to him" Suzuka grinned then weird thoughts came to her mind.

 

"But I think he'll save anyone if they were in my situation..." Rio looked helplessly at Suzuka while she intertwined her fingers. She doesn’t want to think of something more than she expects… Ryosuke is an idol in the first place. Making girls happy is practically one of his job description.

 

"Save... YES!... I'm sure he'll save anyone... but kiss... I don't think he'll kiss anyone Rio-chan..." Suzuka answered, trying to process Ryosuke’s psychological wellbeing.

 

This made Rio blush even more but tried so hard not to show it to her friends.

 

"I hope Chinen is like that too... I want to be saved by him" Umika looked at a long distance trying to picture her being saved by her Chinen. Rio was just happy that she’s not the only one who fangirls about someone. The two girls stared at her with big smiles on their faces as they are now sure that Umika indeed like Chinen despite the endless arguments day and night.

 

"Don't look at me like that!!" Umika beamed while watching her two friends laugh...

 

"AHH!! I almost forgot... we need to put medications on your bruises and cuts, Rio..." she continued, trying her best to change the topic and led her two friends to the infirmary.

 

 

----------------------

 

*next day*

 

 

"Ohayou Yama-chan..." Rio greeted Yamada with a wide smile but Yamada didn't answer. Despite Rio’s friendly greeting, he just glared at her figure and stayed quiet like usual… "You're still angry at me ne?" she continued as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter