Teddy Bears and Ice Cream

K-pop ficlets!~

 

Little present I wrote for a friend, featuring Sungjong of Infinite!

For the sake of the story, just pretend that Sungjong can speak whatever language that Junee speaks. ^.^


 

           

This is it, Junee squealed to herself as she walked through the halls of the arena.  This was the moment she had been waiting months for:  the day she not only gets to see Infinite perform live, but the day she gets to meet them face to face.

            It was a miracle that she got this chance.  Infinite was finally visiting Germany and after a lot of saving and contest entries she got herself a ticket to their show and now she was walking down the hallway with 9 other fan girls to talk to the idols themselves before the show started.

            “Okay ladies, you’ll have one hour to meet with the boys. You can talk to them about whatever you like, but don’t try anything funny, got it?” the staff member herding them warned as they got to the meeting room, setting the girls into a round of giggles and knowing looks.  Junee laughed along with the others, wringing her hands in nervousness as the voices of the Infinite members drifted into the hall.

            Seeing the excitement on the girls’ faces, the staff member let out a laugh as he opened the door for them, “Go ahead girls.”  Junee smiled at him, walking through the doorway, only to be greeted with… something to the face.  The force of the object causes her to stumble back, hitting her head on the wall as she slides – dazed – to the floor.

            “Omo! Are you okay?!?” a melodic voice broke through the murmur of worried voices as she started to focus back in on the room, “I told them to give him back! But they had to keep throwing him and now a pretty girl got hurt!”

            She blinked a few times in shock, finally connecting the voice to the person in front of her:  Infinite’s very own Lee Sungjong.  Blushing a bit, she gives a quiet, “I’m okay,” as she looked up at him.

            His smile was almost blinding as he lit up at her words, “I’m glad you two are okay!” At her confused look he pointed to the object resting in her lap…. a teddy bear.  The silliness of the situation was a bit too much for Junee, a laugh escaping her lips as she brought the bear up to eyelevel.

            “Well hello there mister bear, it’s really nice to meet you, even though you just flew into my face,” Junee jokingly says to the stuffed toy.  She feels it being tugged out of her hands by Sungjong, only to have him start moving the bear around as he responds in a cute toy voice, “It’s nice to meet you too! Sorry about all of that commotion! Can we be friends?”

            Letting out a smile and another giggle, she nods, “Of course we can be friends, it wasn’t your fault that you got thrown right?”

            “Nope! Now if I’m going to be friends with such a pretty lady, I’m going to need to know her name,” Sungjong makes the toy ask, smiling at her around the stuffed bear.

            Junee can’t help the blush that spreads across her face, “Junee,” She says simply, blinking in surprise as the bear is set back into her lap and a hand extended in front of her face.  As she takes it, Sungjong pulls her up off the floor, smiling brightly at her, “Well hello Junee, my name is Sungjong. I’m Infinite’s maknae.”

            She smiles, nodding, “I know. I’m a fan.”  At her words, she finally realizes that they were in a room full of other people; she shyly bows at everyone, murmuring a ‘sorry’ before turning to Sungjong, “I think we should probably get back on with the fan meeting?”

            “Oh yeah, that’s why you all are here right now…” He says sheepishly, pulling Junee over to the seating area, forcing her to sit next to him through the rest of the meeting.

            The hour they all had together flew by quickly, and soon the staff members were ushering the girls out of the room so that Infinite could get ready to take the stage.  Junee was about to leave the room before a hand sets on her shoulder, turning her around to once again to be face to face with Sungjong.

            “You still have my teddy,” he says in response to her confused look.  Looking down into her arms she lets out a small laugh, as she sees the bear still in her arms.

            “Actually, why don’t you keep him for now…” Sungjong says to her as she moves to give the toy back, “This way I’ll have a reason to see you after the show,” his cheesy wink setting her into a set of giggles.

            Without a chance to respond, Junee is ushered out to the concert area.  She watched the show happily with the stuffed bear in her arms as she cheered for the group, cheering even louder each time that Sungjong found her in the crowd and waved to her.

            After the show ended, she slowly made her way out of the venue, being the last person there, until she stopped, hearing her name shouted behind her.

            “Junee! I’m glad I caught you!” Sungjong exclaims as he jogged up to her, “I mean, I couldn’t just let you walk away with my teddy right?” he asked cutely.

            “Of course not! Here you go,” she says as she hands the toy back to him. 

            “What’s that teddy?” Junee tilts her head in confusion as she watches the boy bring the toy up to his ear, as if it was talking to him. “You think we should take Junee out for ice cream? I think that’s a great idea!” he jokes with the bear. “How about it?” he asks, looking at her expectantly.

            Stopping to think for a moment, she smiles at him, “Sure, I’d love that.”

            He grabs her hand, smiling brightly at her before tugging her along then stopping, “Uhm, where’s an ice cream shop?”

            Their laughs filled the night sky as Junee took the lead, now leading him off in their impromptu adventure.