Hair

Longing for this Experience

1 – Hair

 

She was watching them again. Quietly and subtly, but she was. It had become a habit ever since she had been hired as their ‘assistant’. She made a noise in the back of . Assistant, her . The company had just hired for fan publicity and as a slave so they wouldn’t have to bother with their other employees.

 

She tilted her head, a frown pulling at the corners of her lips. Why had she agreed to this job? Or even signed that stupid two year contract?

 

A loud round of laughs had her glancing back at the group. Right… she had agreed because her sister was a major fan and she had thought that signing the contract would help her get all these amazing inside photos. Photos she would give her sister as gifts only if she promised not to flaunt them.

 

“It would have worked too if Hangeng-ssi hadn’t up and left.” She mumbled under her breath. The man had been her sister’s number one bias and when he had announced his decision to the world, like so many ELF, she had stopped being a fan.

 

Alayna couldn’t believe the irony when her mother had told her that. Bad enough she had flown across the world with low chances of getting the job but to find out that it had been a waste of time? Oh, how badly she had wanted to strangle her little sister.

 

So now here she was, having gotten the job, and living on a Visa, bored out of her freaking mind. Why did they even invite her on these little gatherings with other artists from the company? A high-pitched squeal made her cringe and she turned to glare at the large group. From the way Minho was running around the room laughing like a madman, she had to guess that he had done something to warrant it from Hyoyeon. Her lips tilted up into a smirk when she saw drawn on mustache that had been scribbled all over her face. ‘Didn’t she ever learn that you don’t fall asleep during a get together?’ She had a harder time not laughing outright when she saw that they were doing the same thing to Taemin.

 

With a shaky inhale, she stood up and headed into kitchen to go get herself something to eat but paused at the sight before her. A blush worked across her face like a storm before she made a beeline for the opposite direction.

 

Alayna knew that no one would even see her leave so she slipped out the door and, after shutting it with a quiet click, sprinted the rest of the way to her room at the end of the hall. Thank heavens that the group had been considerate enough to book the whole entire floor for their party.

 

It had been awkward enough knowing that they had invited her to join in with all the ruckus and drinking. A first, sure, but she had had no intention of going in the first place.

 

The door slammed shut behind her and she only paused to throw her shoes on the floor and her bag on the small nightstand before she went straight to her room. She collapsed on the bed, hiding her face in her pillow. It took a few seconds, but she was finally able to calm down enough to roll over.

 

Alayna bit her lip as she stared up at the ceiling. Why had she reacted like that? It wasn’t like she had walked in on anything intimate or inappropriate.

 

‘Maybe I’m jealous?’ She thought, part of her scoffing at the idea. It wasn’t entirely impossible, however. Not with the urges she was getting lately anyway. ‘But to react like that?’ Her brows furrowed as she scowled, starting to get irritated at how she had responded.

 

Who cared if he looked so relaxed or seemed to enjoy it? Who cared that he almost looked on the verge of passing out or how Amber had obviously been basking in what she was doing?

 

Not her, that was who.

 

It wasn’t as if she had thought about it a few times or wanted to do it before. No way it was as soft and light and absolutely fluffy as it looked.

 

And in no way did she have to always find something to do so she didn’t give in to the urge to find out.

 

She turned over, curling a pillow around her head, and stared blankly out the window. ‘No way in hell…’

 

After all, it was just hair.

 

Not like it would be any different just because it was his hair.

 

‘Stupid Donghae-ssi.’ She huffed and stayed in that position for the rest of the night until she fell asleep.