meeting the umma

Mir-appa and His Wifeu

I really didn't plan on updating this story. I wrote it sort of for laughs because I've just been rewatching MBLAQ's Hello Baby in preparation for B1A4's version and it made me want to write about it >_<. But since I have even one subscriber, I will update.

Hey you, yes you subscriber who is reading this. If you want me to update again, don't be a silent reader.

P.S. this chapter is sort of just filler. The next chapter will be good. I promise. I just hate when people write their stories and go too fast. It bugs me. So please just bear with me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suzy texted Mir back fifteen minutes later. He let Lauren run around and play with the other kids as he read it.

“She is on her way. Look for a pretty girl wearing a yellow dress.” Suzy’s text read.

His face lit up. ~Mir-appa gets excited at the mention of a pretty girl~

“What a coincidence. Lauren and I match wearing yellow today.” Mir smiled to himself. He went to go find Lauren. He sat her down on the bench.

“Lauren-ah, when umma gets here, what are you going to say to her?” ~Mir appa tests his daughter’s politeness~

“Annyeong hanasaeyo umma.” Lauren said cutely.

“Now, what are you going to do?”

Lauren got up from the bench and bowed a deep bow towards Mir. Happy, Mir picks Lauren up and throws her into the air. She laughs.

~Mir appa is proud of his daughter~

Lauren, already bored, begs Mir appa to take her to the swings. Of course he agrees. Lauren screams with joy as her appa pushes her. “Higher!” She repeats.

~Soon enough, a girl in a yellow dress approaches the two~

“Excuse me, Mir-oppa?” Mir hears from behind him. He turns around to greet her, but no words come out from his open mouth. ~Mir appa is stunned by the beauty of the new umma~

Mir immediately forges his daughter on the swing. Lauren comes back down to earth. With nowhere to go, she kicks the frozen appa standing in front of her. He yells with pain as he stumbles forward. ~The cold aegyo princess only laughs, not knowing the full extent of what she just did~

To avoid looking weak, Mir stands up and bows. “Nice to meet you. You much be Nolee, Suzy’s friend.” Mir says. The girl nods. Mir takes notice her subtle beauty. The yellow dress she wears highlights her slim figure and subtle curves. She has long light-brown-dyed hair and bangs that cover her forehead.

“This must be Lauren.” She says, gesturing to the girl in the swing.

~Still in pain, Mir appa nods his head~

Lauren walked up to Nolee. “Annyeong hanasaeyo umma.” She said bowing. It was even more cute than she did it the first time. Mir’s heart was warmed. Nolee got on her knees to greet Lauren. She poked her nose.

“Hi Lauren, my name is Nolee-umma, okay?” She said to her in a motherly voice.

Lauren nodded, then took Nolee’s hand, leading her to the swing. Mir’s eyes were wide.

~Mir-appa is surprised. It took no time for the aegyo princess to like the new umma~

“Umma, can you push me on the swings, please? Appa did a bad job.” Lauren said, cutely pouting.

Mir made fake sad face towards the camera. To gain Lauren’s favor again, he did a silly dance in front of the swing, causing both Lauren and Nolee to laugh.

“You’re appa is so funny.” Nolee said to Lauren. Lauren smiled big and nodded in response.

After getting tired of the swings, Lauren sits on the bench.

“Do you want to go somewhere else, Lauren-sshi?” Nolee asked her. Lauren nodded.

“Where do you want to go then?” Mir asked.

“Can we go to umma’s house now?” She suddenly requested.

Embarassed, Mir scratched his head. “Lauren-ah, what will we do there?” He said, trying to change her mind.

“No, it’s completely fine, Mir-oppa.” Nolee told him. “Let’s go, it’s only walking distance from here.”

They started walking together. Lauren was in the middle, holding both of their hands as they walked. They all smiled when Lauren started singing the theme song to Pororo. Something caught Mir’s attention.

Wait, it’s walking distance from here? The only buildings close to this park are the rich people apartment buildings. Mir thought to himself. I guess she’s rich or something. He shrugged it off and continued to listen to Lauren’s song.

Mir was right. When they got to her apartment building, it was huge. It was one of the apartment buildings that usually only Americans live in. We took the elevator to the 8th floor out of 37. Nolee typed in the key code and the three entered.

~Exploring the new umma’s apartment. Mir-appa looks more excited than baby Lauren~

“Okay, that’s a wrap for today!” The camera director announced. “We’ll tape Lauren’s first time in the house tomorrow, okay?” The rest of the crew agreed then proceeded to pack up the cameras and leave.

“Wow, I thought that Hello Baby was real.” Nolee said.

Mir shrugged. “It is real. The only thing is that sometimes we have to space things out in different episodes, so we film on a schedule.” He answered her.

“Does that mean I can’t see umma’s house?” Lauren said with a sad face.

“Okay, Lauren-ah. You can see it today, if that’s okay with Nolee-umma,” He looked at her. She nodded. “… as long as you act like it’s the first time you’ve seen it tomorrow when the cameras are on. Arasseo?”

“OK!” She replied in English.