Final.

Die In Your Arms

 

Luhan's POV
 
I walked through the hallway while searching my girlfriend, Kwon Jaemi. I bet she's going to come late, as usual. I smiled remembering our first meeting.
 
Flashback
 
I decided to take a walk to my new school. It has been three days I enrolled at Seoul High School. It's a great school, even though I nearly became deaf hearing the girls squealing. Well, more like shrieking.
As I were humming a tune while walking, a girl bumped into my back. 
 
She fell on her . I chuckled at her silliness. I offered my hand and she gladly accepted it. She bowed many times while saying, "Mianhae! Mianhae! I didn't see you.." Why is she lowering her head? I want to see her face tho'
 
I held her shoulder, "Nah, it's okay." She looked up to me and smiled, "Thank you! And looking at your uniform, I guess you're the new handsome student in my school?"
 
Wow, she smiled like a goddess. I wondered if she has a boyfriend. I nodded shyly, "Yeah."
 
She took a glance on her watch, "Ah, I think we're late. Let's go!" I couldn't even say anything but she just hold my wrist and dragged me to school. 
 
And since that day, we started to get know of each other. Her name is Kwon Jaemi. And we started to hang out together like.. 4 months? So I decided to confess to her and she accepted to be my girlfriend. 
 
End of flashback
 
And we've been together for almost 2 years. Today is a big day.. It's my baby's birthday. I planned to take her out for a date. As the teacher was teaching, a girl rushed in while panting hard. I looked to the girl and caught her smile to me. 
 
"The birthday girl is here!" Her bestfriend, Hyunsoo shouted. The teacher spoke, "You late again, Ms. Kwon? Luckily today is your birthday. Take your seat now!"
 
She smiled sheepily and sat beside me. I whispered to her ears, "Happy birthday, baby." and kissed her forehead.
 
She grinned and mouthed, "Thank you." She kissed my cheek in return.
 
Suddenly, the teacher abrupted our lovey dovey moment. "Ms. Kwon and Mr. Lu, not in my class okay."
 
All my classmates started to laugh.
 
She blushed and said, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Ahn!"
 
***
 
It's lunch. Jaemin sat beside me while chatting to Hyunsoo. I poked her waist to get her attention, but she ignored me. I pulled her chair close to me. She faced me and said, "Yah! I am talking to her, Luhan oppa.." I love how she call me oppa even we're at the same age.
"You ignored your cute boyfriend. How could you..." I pouted.
 
She pinched my cheek and said, "Aigoo. I'm sorry oppa. Anyway, where's my present?!"
 
"Present? What present?" I asked jokingly.
 
She slapped my arm. I winched in pain, "Ow!"
 
She frowned and hugged me. Her head on my chest. "I'm sorry oppa!" She cooed.
 
I kissed her head, "Since today is your birthday.. Let's go out for a date!"
 
She faced me, "Jinjja? Lotte World?" She asked me excitedly. I nodded in response. It's her favourite place, anyway.
 
She hugged me tightly and said, "You're the best boooooyfriend ever."
 
"I know right. And cute too." I smirked.
 
She kissed my cheek and the bell rang. "Let's go, oppa!" We hold hand while we walked to our class.
 
***
We walked in hand to the gateway. Her friend, Hyunsoo spoke up, "Yah, why are you too affectionate with him. I think I'm gonna puke."
 
She smiled and I said, "You only said that because your boyfriend is not here~"
 
Hyunsoo pouted. "I miss him already.." Jaemi chuckled, "I think he will be here in any minute!"
 
"Ahem." A voice appeared. Hyunsoo turned around  and hugged him.
 
"Oppa! I miss you~" She cooed. We giggled and Jaemi said, "Woohyun oppa, she's being insane until you come."
 
He smiled to us and said, "Thanks for taking care of my princess!" Hyunsoo blushed.
 
"Yeah, sure." Jaemi rolled her eyes.
 
"Baby, let me walk you home today. Remember our date? I will pick you up at 2." I told her.
 
She nodded happily, "Kaja!"
 
***
 
It's nearly 2pm. I saw my reflection on the mirror. I wore the beanie she knitted for me. 
 
Wallet, check. Handphone, check. What's missing? Oh, her present! I bought her a bracelet. I hope she like it!
 
I am now in her house, waiting for her while chatting with her appa. Her parents know about us and they approved it, and same goes to my parents.
 
I wish to get married with her and have many kids as much as we can. Kekekeke
 
There she is, my Jaemi. She walked downstairs. I stared at her in amazement. Wow, she even looked great in her casual cloth.
 
"Oppa! Is there something on my face?" She asked.
 
"Ani, you look beautiful today!" I hugged her waist.
 
"Only today?" She pouted.
 
"Everyday, but today you look more beautiful!" I exclaimed.
 
Her parents chuckled at our childness.
 
***
 
We waited for a bus. Her eyes were twinkling in excitement but my heart.. I feel something bad is going to come.
 
I shrugged my feeling. "Oppa! Come on. The bus is here!" She hold my hand and I smiled to her.
 
Within a few minutes, we're here. We decided to take a walk around the store.
 
Suddenly, she spoke up, "Oppa! Can you please buy me roses?"
 
"Roses? Sure! Let's go!" I pulled her hand.
 
"Ani, oppa. I'll just wait here. The flower shop is just across here." She said.
 
"Are you sure?" I asked. She nodded. She released her grip on my hand.
 
I crossed the road and walked in to the flower shop. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo! May I help you?" The worker greeted me.
 
I smiled, "Yeah. I want a dozen of red roses, please!"
 
"Okay. Wait for a minute, sir!" She began to take the roses and wrapped it.
 
I payed for it and walked out from the flower shop while smiling.
 
Jaemi saw me walked out and waved at me. I waved back at her while walking to her.
 
I just need to cross the road to go to her. She continuously stared at me while smiling.
 
Suddenly, a guy ran to her and snatched her bag. The guy started to ran towards my direction and so do Jaemi. 
 
I worriedly ran to get her but then......... a car came from my left and hit her
 
I dropped my flower and ran towards her.
 
Her nose and her head started to bleed. I put her head on my lap.
 
I cried, "Anyone! Please call the ambulance!" A random miss offered herself to call the ambulance.
 
Everyone started to gather. I heard some people talking, "Omo! Poor her!" "Is that her girlfriend?" "I hope she survive." "I don't think she's going to make it."
 
I shooked her body to wake her up. "Jaemi! Wake up, please!" She opened her eyes and smiled, "Oppa.. Thank you for your love. I know there's something going to happen to me. I don't know it will be this soon." 
 
"Jaemi-ah! Andwae. You must live!" I said. "Oppa, I love you sooo much." 
 
I kissed her lips. "I love you too. Stay awake, okay!"
 
She chuckled, "My first kiss.." She touched her lips with her bleeding hand.
 
She passed out. I shooked her body again, "Baby! You must survive!!"
 
A few minutes later, the ambulance came.
 
They checked on her, "Let's bring her to the hospital. She's getting critical."
 
***
 
I keep walking back-forth since she was taken to the ICU. Her parents and mine sat on the chairs while their face looking down.
 
Omma hold my arm, "Luhan, sit down!"
 
"I don't want to!" I hissed. I feel guilty shouted at omma, but I guess she understands me.
 
The doctor came out and asked, "Are you Kwon Jaemi's guardian?"
 
Her appa stood up. "I'm her guardian. Is she okay?"
 
"She is still on coma. Her condition is getting worst. I hope you guys have prepared for the worst." The doctor said.
 
I pulled her collar, "What do you mean?!" I shouted.
 
Omma pulled me. I cried while hugging omma.
 
I mumbled, "Omma.. I-I-I want her to survive."
 
"I know, honey. We all want her to survive." She replied.
 
***
 
It has been six months she in her coma. I always come to visit her. Sometimes I talked to her cause I know she could listen me.
 
Today is Hyunsoo's turn to take care of her.
 
I took a bus to the hospital while holding a bouquet of roses. I greeted the nurse and smiled to them. Well, like a fake smile to me.
 
I twisted the knob to the door and found Hyunsoo talking to her.
 
She sniffed while looking at me. I put the flower on a vase and put it beside her bed.
 
"Baby, I changed the roses. The old roses wilted. I guess, they are sad too seeing you like this." I slightly chuckled.
 
Hyunsoo hold my hands, "I know she will wake up, soon."
 
I smiled, "She will wake up. Cause I'm here to cherish her life."
 
"Baby, have you eaten? Have you bath? I think you have, cause you smell nice. I love your scent." I kissed her forehead.
 
Apparently, my questions were answered by the beeping of the machine.
 
Sehun, who saw the whole situation, wiped his tears and walked happily to her bed.
 
"Noona! Look what I brought for you! The hyungs bought you a lot of food and presents!" He exclaimed.
 
"D.O hyung cooked you a soup! Xiumin hyung bought you buns. I bought you a bubble tea! Wake up, noona! Drink this.." He stomped his feet.
 
Luhan smiled seeing Sehun being like a kid. 
 
But his smile change into a sad expression when he realised Jaemi can't talk.
 
The guys started to walk in and Hyunsoo excused herself to go home. We bid goodbye to her.
 
Luhan sat beside her while holding her hand. Kris came to the other side of the bed and massaged her other hand. 
 
Author's POV
 
Chen, Tao and Lay also came to massage her legs. The other guys were trying not to cry infront of her, cause Luhan doesn't want them too.
 
He said, he know she will wake up. The guys agreed with him.
 
Sehun was reading the magazine.. Well, he looks like reading it. The magazine was tilted back. He pretended to read it to cover his face. He was trying so hard not to cry.
 
He thought, "Noona! You better wake up soon. It's hard to see you like this."
 
The room was filled with silence. 
 
A few minutes later, the machine started to beep loudly and fast. Luhan and the other got worried and Suho, D.O. and Xiumin ran to call the doctor. 
 
Jaemi's body started to shake. Luhan hold her hand and squeezed it. "Wake up soon, baby.." He mumbled.
 
The doctor and two nurses barged in. The doctor is checking on her and the nurses is jotting something.
 
The doctor shooked her head and said, "I'm sorry. But she's gone."
 
Luhan's POV
 
My feet started to feel like a jelly and I nearly collapsed, but Chanyeol was fast and pick me up.
 
I walked to her bed. "Jaemi-ah.. Do you want to go to the Lotte World? I can bring you there. Just.. woke up please."
 
The doctor said, "I will give you a moment." And then, he walked out with the nurses.
 
"Baby.. let's go!" I smiled while pulling her hand. When I got no response from her.. I shooked her body.
 
"Yah, Kwon Jaemi! Wake up!!!!" I shouted. All the EXO member started to tear up.
 
Kai pulled me away and said, "Hyung, you're hurting her."
 
He release his grasp and I walked to her bed again, "Baby.. I'm sorry. Do you want to eat anything? I will buy you anything!" I said excitedly.
 
Only sniffing can be heard in the room. All the members couldn't stand seeing Luhan's condition.
 
I was smiling until I realised.. she's gone. Forever.
 
***
It has been five years. I still love her. I stood up infront of her grave with the EXO members behind me. Some of them patted my back.
 
I tried to hold up my tears. "Baby.. I miss you. It has been five years. I still can't get off you. Ani, I don't want to forget about you. Do you miss me?"
 
I felt a wind blown. "I take that as a yes." I smiled and put a bouquet of roses on her grave. 
 
If I was there first,I know you could still make it. Rest in peace, baby.
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Gawd I just realised there is grammar error in my poster. It should be "If I was there.."
Ugh hahahahaha I don't care. I think I'm going to make a sequel for this fanfic. Wohooooo