VI.

The Connection Between Us

"You know what? Hold that invitation for a while. I need to talk to MyungSoo." HyeRin faked a smile and dragged MyungSoo out with her to talk.

"Huh... That weird..." SungYeol mumbled, rubbing the back of his head. "Since when were they close?"

WooHyun shook his head with a smile before ushering Hoya and SungYeol to the cafeteria.

 

"Yah, Kim MyungSoo! WHY do you have Kyungie's phone?!" she asked, her face flustered.

MyungSoo just smirked before unlocking KyungRin's phone and opening the chat conversation they had.

"Last night, it was me you were texting."

"WHAT?! Wait, why do you even know her code?!" HyeRin interrogated, hoping this wasn't a plan KyungRin thought of.

"Umm... I think YIXING being her password is pretty obvious since she scribbled that all over the scratch papers when we did our project last night." MyungSoo rose an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah, I guess..." HyeRin mumbled, looking away. 

Then came the awkward silence... Until...

"So... Everything WE talked about last night---"

"Don't. Even. Talk. About. It." HyeRin cut him off.

And right on cue, HyeRin's phone rang. She checked the caller ID and saw MyungSoo's name.

'RINNIE! OHMYGOSH. HAVE YOU SEEN MYUNGSOO?! I JUST REALIZED OUR PHONES WERE SWITCHED!' KyungRin's desperate voice blurted all out.

"Chill, Kyungie. You're... A bit too late for that." HyeRin glumly told her best friend.

'You okay, baby girl?' KyungRin asked.

"Yeah, no problem... I'll fill you in tomorrow night... See you."

'WHAT?! Hey, Rinnie! Wai---'

"That was harsh." MyungSoo commented.

"Pretending to be Kyungie is worst." HyeRin replied.

"Touche..." 

"You know what? We'll continue this later..." HyeRin mumbled before dragging herself to the cafeteria.

MyungSoo smirked, watching her figure fade away before following her.