[ 02 ]

{ Cliché } A Romance Comedy

 

 

DRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

 

I ran my hand all over the side table for the alarm clock and shut it up before snuggling back underneath my comforter.

 

“Good morning, Bora Sshi,” a gentle voice whispered next to my ear.

 

“Good morni–” I almost jumped wide awake when my brain registered what was happening. “YA!!! WHY ARE YOU IN MY BED?!”

 

Burglar guy was lying so comfortably with a pose, as though anticipating for my reaction. His head resting on one of his hand while the other drumming his fingers on his hip. “Where else could I be sleeping?” He asked, still smiling cheekily.

 

“ANYWHERE BUT HERE!”

 

“Hyung! Noona!” Won Ho appeared at my bedroom’s room, “Breakfast is ready!”

 

Hyung?

 

Since when did the two guys become so close?

 

“You’re the sweetest, Won Ho yah!”

 

Can somebody please clarify whether this guy is gay?

 

He better not mess up my brother’s life!

 

I glared at the burglar guy– Oh wait.

 

He has a name already!

 

Now that I remember…

 

//

 

“Here,” I flashed the piece of paper towel contract in burglar guy’s face, who returned me a nonchalant stare. “Stamp your thumbprint at the bottom after you’ve read through it.”

 

He took the contract from me curiously while Won Ho tried to peep beside him. “Mr. TOP?” Burglar guy mused. “Is that supposed to be my name?”

 

“Of course,” I replied, crossing my arms against my chest, “I have to find a way to address you in the contract.”

 

“But why TOP when there’s so many other names?”

 

“Ya, even I could’ve thought of a better one, Noona.”

 

“What’s so bad about ‘TOP’? It’s nice, short, and easy to remember!” I reasoned while trying to kick the frying pan deep under the sofa without anyone knowing. The last thing I would want them to find out was that the name actually came from the brand of the frying pan.

 

Fortunately, burglar– I mean, TOP, did not show any signs of further objections as he read out the clauses of the contract, “I shall not pursue any charges against Ms Shin Bora given the fact that the party will take responsibility of me until I recover from my injuries,” he stopped and grinned at me, “Does the ‘injuries’ here include my loss of memories?”

 

“Of course not! What if you pretend to be amnesia forever?”

 

“Noona, we’re not in a drama.”

 

“Won Ho, last warning,” I stuffed a handful of paper towels into my annoying brother’s mouth before returning my attention on TOP, “Anyway, you were saying that you can teach me how to bake… Why you can remember how to bake but forgot about your own identity?”

 

Rubbing his chin like a wise man, TOP replied, “Selective amnesia, maybe?” With that said, he dipped his thumb into the Kimchi paste on the coffee table and sealed the contract with it.

 

//

 

I heaved a sigh of frustration while rinsing the tablecloth under the running tap water. The whole morning was spent cleaning up the mess at home and now here, in the café before the opening. “If I caught him breaking any of the clauses in the contract, he’ll be DEAD.” Pretending the cloth to be TOP, I twisted it dry till there was not a single droplet of water coming out from it.

 

Sniff.

 

Sniff.

 

But… what’s that smell?

 

Oh no! The cake!!! I dashed straight to the oven and attempted to grab the tray out without much thinking. And boy, it was such a wrong move. “Ouch!” I felt the tears bursting out from the corner of my eyes as my poor fingers were burnt badly.

 

“Bora yah! What were you thinking?” A hand grabbed me from the back. I blinked my tears away to find Joong Ki looking at me worriedly. Swooooooons. Should I burn my other fingers too? Heh. “Come, hurry,” he pulled me to the sink and let the freezing cold tap water to run through my burnt skin.

 

“It’s okay, Oppa… It doesn’t hurt.”

 

That was a big fat lie, I know.

 

Joong Ki turned to look at me as he finally broke into his boyish grin, “But… didn’t I heard someone screaming in pain just now?”

 

I gulped. Not because of his words, but because of the close proximity we were in. I swore he could have heard my heart thumping crazily if the tap was not on. Ever since the very first day we met, I knew he was The One. Rich, talented, smart, handsome, cute, funny, sweet… Basically, everything a girl could ask for in a guy!

 

“Oppa, you’re here already?”

 

Of course, with such a good catch in front, there were bound to be a lot of competitors. Choi Hye Yoon, the girl whom just walked into the café, was definitely the strongest competitor of all. She was almost like the female version of Joong Ki. Rich, talented, smart, pretty, cute, funny, sweet… but b!tchy.

 

“Oh, Hye Yoon ah… Wait for a moment okay?” Joong Ki gestured her to the seat by the window and continued to tend the blister forming on the tip of my fingers. “Go back and rest well, I’ll take care of the café today.” He smiled at me reassuringly after wrapping my fingers with the bandage.

 

NO!!! Over my dead body would I allow that Choi Hye Yoon to be alone with Joong Ki! I shook my head, almost pouting, “It’s really doesn’t matter, Oppa–”

 

“Shin Bora!” A familiar crispy voice called out from the entrance.