Final

Fortuious You

“_____-ah. I see you are still come here.”

In shock, I backed away as fast as I could, still on the bench. Gulping as I hit Woohyun, I watched as Sunggyu advanced. My breathing becoming short, that particular memory flitted in my mind. His mouth opened to say something. However, his face was punched to the side by my clenched fist after a shot up.

His head snapped back and I could hear Woohyun’s sharp intake of breath. I shot up, snarling as anger overtook my anguish, “Why are you here? Didn’t you saw you wouldn’t appear in front of me again?”

Sunggyu lunged for my wrist but I pulled away in a jerk. He sighed as the kids started to crowd around him.

“Sungyu Hyung, why haven’t you come for such a long time?” Wonbin asked the said, tugging on his pants. Sunggyu just smiled without saying anything before turning to me.

He gazed with me, pleading, “Let’s go somewhere private.”

I shook my head, “No. Tell me now. I don’t want to move anywhere. At least not with you.”

“I want to get back with you. Mina was a and a . I was too blind to see it. I realised how happy I was with you,” he cried. My mind was in turmoil. Yes, some of my happiest memories were with Sunggyu but I was long over him.

 My heart now belonged to Woohyun, even if he himself didn’t know. I would never go back to Sunggyu. I wouldn’t allow myself to do something as stupid as that. After all, a leopard never changes its spots. I shook my head firmly, “I have changed, Sunggyu.”

His face fell visibly and I felt bad for a second but my heart hardened after I remembered the times when I walked in on him having with a random . The worse thing was that I had forgiven him time and time again until my best friend forced me to break up with him.

“I’m not the naïve girl that you thought I was anymore. I won’t fall for the same tricks again,” I snapped at him, “At least, not after all the times I walked in on you.”

Sunggyu attempted a grab at my hands again. This time, however, Woohyun’s arm shot out to fling his arm away.

“And who are you,” Sunggyu demanded.

Woohyun pushed me behind him. I didn’t complain. A spark of contentment and gratefulness burst in my heart. It felt nice to have someone to protect me after being alone for so many years.

“I’m her boyfriend. You got a problem with that?”

Sunggyu’s jaw dropped, as did mine. “She’s your what?” he sputtered, examining Woohyun’s never-ending smirk. I pushed my jaw close, understanding what he was doing. He was pretending to be my boyfriend to protect me from that bastard. He was thinking of me yet a pang of hurt couldn’t help but resound through my heart.

“Proof it,” Sunggyu crossed his arms arrogantly. I was sure that he had also caught on that Woohyun was just lying. Worried, I gazed up at Woohyun, seeing his confidence grow as he continued to eye Sunggyu with distaste.

“Why not,” Woohyun shrugged nonchalantly to our surprise, wheeling around to face me with that ever familiar smirk plastered on his face. “Ready,” he mouthed with a wink. Before my brain could register anything, Woohyun had cupped my face and pulled me toward him, tilting his head. To be more specific, my lips were drawn to his.

I froze, not knowing what to do I had long forgotten how to breathe properly. However, the tingling of my lips on his and the waves of his delicious scent brought me back to reality. My eyelids fluttered close, feeling heavy.

My arms draped themselves naturally around his neck, pulling him to me to close the gap between us. I pressed my lips firmly on his, feeling myself float up into bliss as he started moving his lips against mine.

Finding that our lips fitted perfectly, I let the fireworks explode in my body, moving along to his rhythm. To my aghast I was slammed back into Earth, just as Woohyun was pulled back and punched in the face by Sunggyu. A bout of anger fueled me forward to land my fist on his face before anyone could stop me.

His face whipped back, gasps surrounding us. Triumphed overtook me though I knew I would probably regret it later. I cocked an eyebrow at him, disbelief was written all over his face. My confidence bloomed as Woohyun joined me, slinging an arm around me.

 “I love _____ with all my heart and I’m not willing to let her go back that easily to bastard like you. I don’t know what you did to make the most gold-hearted girl in the world punch you but I’m sure it was bad. I hope you can leave us alone.

Even if you could give me the most beautiful girls in the world or its riches, I wouldn’t- Wait, I can’t. She already has my heart. How can I leave?” Woohyun stated firmly, his eyes never leaving Sunggyu.

My heart fluttered after hearing his speech. No one had ever said such things about me. Nor had anyone protected me like that before.

Sunggyu’s gaze flitted from me to Woohyun. His eyes showed nothing but sadness and regret. With a sigh, he turned and left. A wave of relief swept over me. I could finally be free again from our bittersweet love. His leaving signified him letting go of our relationship that had soured long ago.

His despondent back disappearing, I turned back to Woohyun, bowing and thanking him profusely for helping me, “Thank you so much for helping me. It’s not even the first time too. I guess you’ll want me to forget it so.” I dragged on, anticipating an awkward silence.

His next statement made my heart freeze, skipping a beat.

“I meant what I said.”

My eyes shot up to him, “W-what?!”

Woohyun grasped my shoulders, his lips nervously. “_____-ah. I really like you. No, I love you. I’m certain. Look at me,” his fingers gently tilted my head toward him so that I was looking into his eyes, a blush forming on my face.

“I meant all that I said. I really love you with all my heart. I’m willing to give up everything in the world to be with you. Don’t you dare talk about how you aren’t in my league or how there are girls prettier than you. You are the only girl in my eyes. Do you understand? I only want you. Please be my girlfriend.”

My gaze fell back on the floor, unable to meet his pleading ones. Buzzing thoughts covered my thumping heart. I was on cloud nine knowing that Woohyun loved me and that my love was not an unrequited one.

However, like what Woohyun had mentioned, he was really out of my league and I was very against employer-employee relationships. He was the most sought-after bachelor in Korea and there was a long line of ladies ready to throw themselves onto him with just one word from his mouth. I wasn’t even near the start.

Taking my hesitation as a sign of rejection, Woohyun turned, disappointed. I had to make up my mind now. Once he walked out of here, I would never get a chance again. However, his reputation could be ruined if we hooked up.

Just as his foot touched the cement outside the orphanage, I finally made up my mind. “Woohyun!” I cried out, almost screaming out in happiness as he turned around slowly. Sprinting, I threw myself in his arms.

“I accept,” I agreed breathlessly. Without waiting for his response, I dove in, taking the chance, and kissed him passionately. I could feel the happiness radiating from Woohyun without having to see his expression.

He kissed me back with equal passion, pinning me against the wall to stick his tongue in my mouth. I was well-practiced in the art of tongue wrestling as well. Not one to back down from a challenge, I pushed his tongue back into his surprised mouth.

Woohyun broke the kiss, “Well, look at that. The innocent girl knows the art of making out.”

Smirking, I grabbed his collar, “Just shut up and kiss me.” Ecstatically complying, Woohyun pressed himself onto me. We were caught up in the heat, trying to get as much of that touch as we could. Our tongues danced a tango in our mouths that even the most practiced tango masters wouldn’t be able to copy.

The two of us were so caught up that we didn’t even realise that Sister Heewon had long ushered the kids into the orphanage or that it had started raining.


Fortuitous you has come to a close. I'm so sorry to those innocent eyes for the little make-out scene. I've always wanting them to do that since the time when _____'s white tank top was drenched through and her bra was exposed. Hehe. I know Sprite's going to scold me later. I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Joker's creepy laughter*

It's a bit longer than normal. Well, it's the GRAND FINALE!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll do a sort of prequel to tell you guys bout Sunggyu and _____'s history.

Thank you guys so much for your support. If you have any questions do feel free to ask me :D Thank you for your comments and subcriptions! <3