.:ONE:.

Remodel Me.

 

KEY

 

" YAH! KIM KIBUM! " My name was screamed across the hall by no more than six jocks, chasing after me through the hall. Pushing my legs to take longer and faster steps, I began to feel my asthma acting up again.

 

Oh, , oh, , where can I go without these six idiots plummeting me to the ground?!

 

I turned back.

 

One of them was holding a baseball bat.

 

Oh, .

 

I continued running, turning through the complicated hallways. The school I go to is a prestigious school for the elite. Running past the navy blue lockers and the wooden doors, I nearly slipped over the slippery floor, my face nearly slamming down onto the ceramic tiles. Gasping for breath, I decided to play goody-two-shoes. 

 

The last sprint, KiBum, you can do this.

 

I kept telling myself that, sprinting to the only safe haven in this humongous school: The Teacher's Lounge. 

 

Finally, I thought, as I approached the heavy double doors of the school. Bursting through the doors, I collapsed, face to the floor.

 

" Aish, " A voice sighed. I turned my head slightly. It was a teacher in brown Louis Vuitton heels, a black A-line skirt with a white blouse. She was carrying a coffee mug. " KiBum-ah," I pushed myself to my elbows. It was Lee seong-saeng-nim, my homeroom teacher. My arms gave way and I fell back to the linoleum floor. 

 

In..Inhaler.

 

My thoughts weren't even registered right. Turning so that I was facing upwards, my hand fished through my backpack to find my blue inhaler. Pumping a few times and inhaling, that's what it's meant for, an inhaler, I shoved it back into my bag and slowly got up. Lee seong-saeng-nim had the mug in both hands, face in a worried expression.

 

" KiBum-ah," She sighed wearily. I looked down. This wasn't exactly the first time I'd come barging into the teachers lounge, which is, by the way, prohibited for students. " This has been going on for way too long.. Maybe-" 

 

" Ah, aniyo, Lee seong-saeng-nim, I'm alright, "  I threw out a grin. Naturally, I wouldn't have bothered but Lee seong-saeng-nim was always so caring and nice to me..

 

" Ah, de, de," Her thoughts weren't with me though, that I knew. She was just staring into her mug, rubbing her fingers anxiously.

 

" Then, I'll be leaving now," I excused myself, bowing.

 

" Ah, wait a moment," I was just about to push open the door when Lee seong-saeng-nim called out to me again. I turned around. " Do you need an ? " She asked worriedly. 

 

" Ah, aniyo," I reassured her. " I'm alright on my own. " And before she could ask again, I said with a smile , " I'll see you in class, Lee seong-saeng-nim."

 

When I left the teachers lounge, the hallways were all empty. Sighing, I pulled out my file to check out the timetable. I had double periods of MATH. Just my luck. Then I checked where it was, because there were different classes: General AP Math, General Math, E Math and A Math. I was in General AP Math. I was in all AP classes. Not a single class that I wasn't in AP. That is, if ou don't count Gym. I'd be failing that class. 

 

Oh, dang it. 

 

My AP class was in the North block. The teacher's lounge is in the South block. 

 

Just my luck.

 

Wearily, I headed to my Math lesson, apprehensive that some jock would come and whack me with a dang baseball bat. 

 

" KiBum! KiBum!" I didn't even have to turn around. It was Onew, my best chicken-loving friend. He waved to me and rushed over, nearly tripping over... Air. He steadied himself and walked on over to me. " Are you alright? " He asked, pushing his rectangular spectacles up the bridge of his nose. He seemed frantic, hands unable to stop jiggling around.

 

" Yah.. I'm alright.. What are you doing out of class? " I questioned him. Onew was in AP Math too, the same class as me. 

 

" Oh, " He grinned a little sheepishly. " Jung seong-saeng-nim told me to come look for you." 

 

" Oh," I said, thoughts a little messy from everything. " Okay, let's go then." Onew grinned once more and we headed over to math class, discussing last nights AP Math homework, whether the formula of y=k(x) is suitable for questions one to fifteen.

 

" So nice of you to join us, KiBum," Jung seong-saeng-nim had a big, wide, fake smile plastered on his face. I had to control my eyes from rolling.

 

" Joeseong-hamnida," I bowed ninety degrees and apologized.

 

" Sit, " A harsh tone came and Jung seong-saeng-nim's smile went away and a frown replaced it. I shuffled to my seat, Onew behind me. Taking out my calculator, my notebook and my way-too-thick-to-be-a-textbook math textbook, I paid attention to Jung seong-saeng-nim's lecture about algebra and whatnot. 

 

Keep your head down, KiBum.. Keep it down and no one will notice you..

 

The school bell had rung and the halls were bustling around like a market. Onew had left for his chess club meeting, leaving me alone to face the oversized school on my own.

 

" THERE HE IS!! " A booming voice came from behind me and before I knew it, the baseball bat I'd thought of came crashing to my head, whacking me across the ceramic floor.

 

" Call 119!! " 

 

" Omo! He's bleeding!"

 

" I can SEE that!"

 

" Call Lee seong-saeng-nim!!" 

 

Aw, shut up and let me sleep!! 

 

Less than a minute later, I heard the faint blaring sirens of the ambulance and Lee seong-saeng-nim's frantic orders.

 

Then, I out.