Chapter 5

Even In Death

Chanyeol decided to call Luhan to check up on him one afternoon.
"Hey Chanyeol, what's up?" Luhan cheerfully asked.
"Nothing much. Just decided to see how you were doing. How are you and your fiancée doing?"
Luhan wondered why Chanyeol still didn't mention Sehun's name, but guesses that he was still playing around with him, so again, he played along.
"We're doing fine. He should be over here soon."
"If you're not busy, maybe you guys would join me an Kris on a trip to Jeju Island this weekend."
"That sounds like a great idea. Now you can get to know each other." They both laughed. "I'll tell him when he gets here, I'm sure he'd love to."
"That's great! Hey, just call us when you guys want to head out."
"Will do!" Luhan peeked through the blinds and saw Sehun walking up to the door. "I'll call you later. He's here."
"Okay. Talk to you then." And the phone clicked off.
Luhan swung open the front door, causing Sehun to jump back.
"Do you always do this?" he said, sliding pass him.
"I don't know. Maybe it's because I can sense you coming...?" Sehun stood there, as if waiting to be directed by Luhan. "Oh, by the way...Chanyeol called. He said that we should go over to Jeju Island with him and Kris. What do ya' think?"
Luhan took a hold of Sehun's wrist and pulled him towards the couch.
"It sounds like a good idea. I haven't spent time with those two in a long time."
"Glad you think that," he kissed his cheek. "'Cause we're going this weekend." He got up and walked into the kitchen. "Have you eaten lunch yet?"
"No."
"Well, let's order something...No, I'll pick up something to eat. I need to go grocery shopping."
"Whatever. I'm fine with anything."
"Sehun. Do you think you could stay here while I go to the store for a little while?"
Luhan said, grabbing his car keys.





Luhan parked his car in the parking lot of the grocery store. There weren't many other cars around, so finding his later wouldn't be a problem.
Grabbing a shopping cart in front of the store, he stopped when he noticed another person reaching for it.
"Is...is that...you?" Luhan asked the man.
"Huh?" He looked at him confused and then opened his mouth with shock as he realized who he had ran into.
"Luhan?"
"Xiumin! I haven't seen you in years! How have you been?"
"Everything's fine. Just picking up a few things."

Xiumin and Luhan were in the same class in highschool. They were pretty good friends. In fact, Luhan had developed feelings for him at some point but Sehun had come around and changed things.
Xiumin had glanced at Luhan's hand and noticed his engagement ring.
"You're getting married?" He asked, as they both rolled their carts into the store. Luhan smiled widely and covered his mouth to cover up his excitement.
"Uh-huh..."
"Well, who is it?"
"Do you remember Sehun?"
"Hmmm..." Xiumin stopped briefly to try to remember who Sehun was. "Wasn't he a bit younger than us? I think I remember..."
"He was the one you used to make fun of for the way he spoke." Luhan laughed a little.
"Oh yeah! I remember him! Congrats to you guys! When's the big date?"
"In about...3 weeks from today."
The conversation started to die down and they went their seperate ways to continue shopping. When Luhan finished shopping, he ran into Xiumin once more before heading back to the parking lot. They exchanged numbers and promised to call one another and make plans to hang out like old times.





Luhan opened the door with his hands full of bags. Struggling to get to the kitchen counter, he happened to notice Sehun fast asleep on the couch. Sneaking over, making sure not to wake him up just yet. Leaning over the couch, he whispered in his ear, "Sehun?"
He didn't bugde.
"Sehuuuuuuuuun...?" this time a little louder and still nothing.
"YAH!!"
Sehun jumped up, almost hitting Luhan in the face.
"Oh my God! Don't scare me like that!"
Luhan giggled at him a tapped him on his head.
"Hey, do you remember Xiumin? I ran into him today."
Sehun cocked his head to the right in an attempt to remember him.
"Ohhhh...you mean Baozi?
"Um-hmm." They both snickered.
Xiumin was given that nickname by Luhan because of his round face.
But Sehun's face became more serious.
"What did you two talk about? You told him you're getting married, right?"
"Wow. Someone's jealous aren't they?"
Luhan went back to the kitchen to put away the grocery.
"I don't get jealous! I get angry because there are people trying to take you away from me!" Luhan laughed at him in reply. "Didn't you used to like him?" Sehun jumped up and ran to the kitchen table and took a seat.
"Yeah, so?" Opening the refrigerator he finished with, "I'm marrying you."
"What if your feelings come back?"
The refrigerator door was slammed and Luhan walked over to him.
"Trust me. They're not gonna come back, okay?" He kissed his forehead and went back to the groceries. "I've got to call Chanyeol today and tell him that we'll meet up with him Friday."



After the groceries were put away, Luhan grabbed the phone and dialed Chanyeol's number.
"Hello?" Someone picked up.
"Hey, Chanyeol?"
"No, this is Kris."
"Hi Kris! This is Chanyeol's friend Luhan."
"Hey Luhan! How's it going?"
"Everything's fine. I was calling to tell you guys that we were coming along with you two to Jeju Island."
"Really? That's awesome! I finally get to meet you.
"Yeah, it'll be great."
"Listen, Chanyeol's not in right now, but I'll tell him to give you a call later so we can make plans."
"Alright, thanks."
"No problem. Nice talking to you."
"Nice talking to you too." Click.