Im Yoona

So What

"You must be Eun Chae!" cried the girl as she leapt forward to hug Eun Chae. Eun Chae fell back a bit and tried to regain her posture. What? She knows me? "I'm Im Yoona, Donghae's childhood friend! It's so nice to finally meet you! You won't believe how much Donghae talks about you!" she cried enthusiastically. And suddenly, Eun Chae remembered. Im Yoona was the model that she often saw on magazines and tv. Wow, Donghae knows something like that? Eun Chae's self esteem went down, just a teeny bit.

"Oh, nice to meet you..." Eun Chae replied slowly, unsure of what to say. She looked over at Donghae for help but he was avoiding her eyes. "Yes, I know! Well, I'll see you around. Donghae hasn't finished showing me the school yet. Today's my first day at this school," Yoona replied as she locked arms with Donghae and walked past Jonghyun and Eun Chae.

Eun Chae stared at the pair as they walked past. They actually looked good together. Jonghyun glanced down at Eun Chae and noticed the glint of jealously in her eyes.

"Lee Eun Chae! Let's go?" asked Jonghyun as he pulled Eun Chae's hand and continued walking to the cafeteria.

"Hmm? Oh, let's go" answered Eun Chae as she took one last glance behind her.

                                                                                    -----s2-----

RINGGGGGGGGGGG.                                                                                                                                                                                   

Eun Chae grabbed her bag and began walking out of the classroom. As she was passing by the courtyard, she noticed a slim figure leaning against a pole. Out of curiousity, she walked towards the figure and noticed it was Yoona. Oh crap, I have to get out of here. She tip toed in the opposite direction trying to be as quiet as possible. "Ahhhhh, Eun Chae!" cried a voice. Eun Chae turned around swiftly and smiled. "Oh hey Yoona," Eun Chae replied trying to sound nice. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm waiting for Donghae. He's doing something in the school office. I'm going to his house later to meet his parents. I haven't seen them in ages!" she said happily. Well, having such a pretty and polite daughter in law must be a dream come true "Oh I see," said Eun Chae trying to sound interested.

At that moment, Yoona grabbed Eun Chae's hand and pulled her down to a nearby seat. "I really hope we can be friends, Eun Chae! I mean, we're practically going to be sisters in law!" Yoona exclaimed. Wow, she's blunt.

"Um yeah....I mean Donghae's parents probably love you..." sighed Eun Chae.

"What? What are you talking about....?" asked Yoona confused. A second later, she burst into laughter and kept on going till she was crying. "You thought I was talking about me and Donghae?"

"Aren't you?" responded Eun Chae who was looking at Yoona confused.

"No way! Eww. That's so gross. We're practically brother and sister! I'm talking about you and Donghae, silly!" cried Yoona who was looking at Eun Chae as if she just said the stupidiest thing in the world.

"Me? And Donghae?!" exclaimed Eun Chae dumbfounded. What. What. What. How is that even possible?

"Of course. Don't you know that Donghae likes you? He practically talks abouts you every time I'm with him. Eun Chae this and Eun Chae that. I'm so sick of it.You two should just get together already!" said Yoona smiling.

"Hah. Funny joke Yoona but you can stop it now. Donghae definitely does not like me." denied Eun Chae who was now trying to avoid looking at Yoona.

"Yeah but-"

"Yoona?" said a voice from behind. The two girls turned around  and saw Donghae standing there. He was holding a few sheets of paper and was looking curiously at the two of them.

"Oh Donghae! Just in time! Hurry up and tell Eun Chae that you really like her. I'm sick of hearing that Eun Chae likes kimbap and Eun Chae is really good at taekwondo. I'll be heading off to your house so by the time you're back, I want to hear that you and Eun Chae are dating. Araso? Okay bye!" waved Yoona as she pushed Donghae towards Eun Chae and quickly ran out of the school.

The two of them sat there awkwardly for a while before Donghae decided to talk first. "Um.. Eun Chae?" he asked avoiding glances with the girl.

"Yeah?" Eun Chae replied unsurely.

"AHHH WHATEVER.OKAY, I'M SORRY FOR AVOIDING YOU EUN CHAE! I was just feeling so guilty about the camp incident and then Yoona transferred so I decided to avoid you and talk to her more and everything was just really weird. I don't hate you or whatever. If anything, I like you but- wait never mind. And yeah, I really hope we can be friends again," Donghae blurted out in one breath. He suddenly started blushing and covered his face with his hands. "This is so embarrassing," he said through his hands.

Eun Chae looked at Donghae unbelievably. She bursted out laughing and eventually the two of them were laughing together.

"Yah! Lee Donghae! How long have we known each other? Why were you not talking to me because of something so simple?" Eun Chae said in between laughs.

"I don't know..." he replied. Donghae got up and swung his bag over his shoulder. "Let's go home!"

"Araso," said Eun Chae as she also grabbed her bag.

She jogged over to Donghae's side and smiled. He smiled back.

A few metres from where the two of them were standing, a tall handsome boy who was hiding in the shadow turned around and frowned.