Encounter

So What

"Bye Donghae!!!!" yelled Eun Chae as she waved her hands furiously. Donghae waved back laughing and walked in the opposite direction. They had celebrated at the ramen restaurant and she was too full from eating 6 bowls. Eun Chae and Taemin entered the house and walked to their rooms.

Eun Chae dragged her body up the stairs and forced herself to move. She was too tired from taekwondo and eating. She opened the door and immediately, dropped herself onto the bed and fell asleep. And she didn't know why but her last thought was of Jonghyun smiling at her....

                                                                                   -----s2-----

"Noona! Noona, wake up!" said a voice. Eun Chae slowly opened her eyelids and realised that it was her dongsaeng, Taemin. She grabbed her blanket and pulled it over herself. "No. Go away, I want to sleep..." moaned Eun Chae.

"Nooooooooonaaaaaaaa!" whinged Taemin. He tried pulling the blankets off but his sister was just too strong. He had no choice. Taemin pulled up his sleeves and grabbed his sister's alarm clock. He pressed some buttons and immediately SHINee's Replay was playing in full blast. The whole house was vibrating and the noise was intolerable. Eun Chae quickly pulled her blanket off and glared at Taemin. He turned off the alarm clock smiling. "Noona neomu yeppeo!" he said with infinite amounts of aegyo. "Hurry up, breakfast is ready!"

After many "Hurry up, Noona!" and "We're going to be late!" , Taemin and Eun Chae left the house and walked their normal route, picking up Hae Ra, Sungmin and Donghae along the way. As they passed the junior high, they dropped off Taemin. Donghae and  Eun Chae started talking about Eun Chae's win against Jonghyun yesterday to Hae Ra and Sungmin. Hae Ra didn't really care but was still surprised that such a babo could beat a person that was ranked higher than her. On the other hand, Sungmin was totally excited and asked for all the details. He had his mouth open the whole time.

After reaching the school, the four of them walked to their classroom. As they entered, they noticed an unusual amount of chattering and screams. The girls were all lined up along the side of room where the windows were. Eun Chae glanced over the side of a window and saw a certain Kim Jonghyun topless and sweating. He was drinking ice cold water that was running down his toned chest and abs. It was rather y......not. Eun Chae quickly looked back in the classroom and shook her head. No no no no! She sat down next to Donghae and lay her head down on the desk.

Class progressed like usual and Eun Chae found herself lying on the table through all the lessons. Donghae kept on staring at Eun Chae worringly. He was anxious. "Eun Chae might be sick..," he thought. Little did he know that another person was having the exact same thoughts. Jonghyun stared at Eun Chae from the back of the class. "Is she sick?" he wondered.

RINGGGGGGGGG~

It was the school bell. Eun Chae sank into her chair and sighed with relief. She was glad that she had taekwondo next. "Omg, Eun Chae! I forgot!" cried Donghae. Eun Chae stared back at Donghae who was sulking. "I have to help the baseball team for a while! I'll catch up with you at taekwondo later" he said. Donghae was also a good baseball player as well as a taekwondo student. He frowned at Eun Chae and said goodbye reluctantly. Eun Chae was disappointed. She was looking forward to walking with Donghae to taekwondo.

Eun Chae grabbed her bag and walked out of the classroom. She approached the stairs and out of nowhere, she slipped. Eun Chae let out a scream and as she was about to hit the ground, two hands reached around her waist. She looked up. Two eyes looked back at her with concern. Jonghyun. Her face flushed. If it was a normal reaction she didn't know, all Eun Chae knew was that he had saved her.

She quickly got out of Jonghyun's arms and stared at the ground. "Umm, thanks.." said Eun Chae slowly. But she couldn't finish her words. Jonghyun picked up Eun Chae and carried her in his arms. She yelled. "Yah! What the hell are you doing? Let me go!" Normally, Eun Chae could have easily gotten out of this situation but at that moment, she felt weak. He carried her to the infirmary and lay her down on one of the beds.

"Could you check her please? I think she's hurt," Jonghyun said to the teacher. The teacher came over and examined Eun Chae who was looking dumbfounded. She wasn't a weak little girl. She even beat him at sparring. She muttered under the breath and when the teacher told Jonghyun that there was nothing wrong with her, Eun Chae dashed out of the room. She sprinted down the stairs and walked towards the school gates but she was was being followed.

Jonghyun grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. "Stop being so stubborn! You could have been hurt!" he yelled. His face looked furious. Eun Chae knew he was angry out of her sake. When he realised what he was doing, Jonghyun lessened his grip and eventually let go. For a moment, the two of them just stood there awkwardly.

It wasn't until Eun Chae heard Donghae calling her name that she stepped out of her trance. She turned around and saw him running towards her, looking curious. When he reached the two of them, Donghae looked around at Eun Chae and Jonghyun, wondering why the two of them were together. "Let's go to taekwondo?" he asked. "Walk with us Jonghyun. You're coming as well right?" Jonghyun nodded and walked ahead of them. Eun Chae and Donghae walked side by side and the whole trip, none of them said anything.

As the three of them arrived at the dojang, the atmosphere was awkward. They hadn't said a word to each other and Donghae didn't understand what was going on. Eun Chae left to change into her uniform and as she did so, her thoughts were all muddled up. When she returned to enter the dojang, Jonghyun and Donghae were already there. Taemin was also there talking to his friends. Master Kim entered and the whole class lined up. Jonghyun stood next to Eun Chae uncomfortably. They bowed and waited for his instructions.

"I would like to announce something. To get to know each other better, I have organised a weekend camp. We will train in the open air and bond together like a family. Please take these permission notes for your parents and be ready with your bags this Saturday at 5AM SHARP." He especially emphasised the last word.

The class was all excited. Taemin was jumping around with his friend. Donghae turned to smile at Eun Chae. She returned it with an even bigger smile. She loved camps. Jonghyun saw the look on Eun Chae's face and tried to not laugh. She looked so happy.