High For This

Can You Keep A Secret?

Tiffany was conflicted. She had found Yuri's pills the other night, while she was off filming a commerical. She wasn't sure if Yuri was anorexic or addicted to these pills; and she felt like an idiot. Yuri had never been very girly and when they were younger she spent the least time in the bathroom. And suddenly, in the last year she started spending hours "getting ready"? There was that time, too, when even how skinny most female idols are it was noticeable Yuri was way too skinny. But none of them had noticed something was wrong!

From what Tiffany had gathered from the Internet about things like this, it seemed like the best thing to do was comfort and be gentle when confronting. Usually she would be forceful and make whomever do what she wanted them to do, but this was far more serious than getting someone to sneak out of the dorms with her.

"Hey, where's Yuri? She left her phone downstairs and her boooyfriend is calling!" Sunny shouted, suddenly bursting into the room and jerking Tiffany out of her thoughts.

Where was Yuri? Tiffany's eyes went wide as she began to frantically search for the laxative pills. How could she be so stupid--she thought for sure she had hid them.

"Tiffany, what's wrong?" Sunny said, her voice taking on a more serious tone. She forgot all about Yuri's phone and ran to the other girl's side.

"I. . .can't tell. But -- go to the bathroom and ask if Yuri's in there." 

Sunny frowned before walking back out.

Tiffany sat on Sooyoung's bed, holding her face in her hands. Now that she knew what Yuri did the majority of the time she was in the bathroom, guilt was overtaking her. She was going to put a stop to this. Tonight.

"Um, Yuri's in there. Why do you look so sad? Did something happen?" Sunny was suddenly asking a million questions a minute, and Tiffany's head was starting to pound. She couldn't take it anymore!

"Sunny! I'll tell you what's wrong!" Sunny's eyes widened and she took a step back. "Yuri's in there taking laxative pills to -- you. . .know and lose weight! And you know what else? This has been going on for over a year and NONE of us realized or noticed. Are we all really that shallow and caught up in ourselves to not see something was not right? We live with Yuri, eat with her, do freaking everything together and none of us knew until now. That's what wrong." By the end of her outburst, her voice got quieter and quieter as she saw how hurt Sunny was starting to look.

"Oh. . .my God. Are you-"

"Sunny, think about it. Since when does Yuri need hours in the bathroom to get ready? Since when does she have bags under her eyes and a increasingly bad temper? She's always looking so sad nowadays, but as soon as she says I'm fine we leave her alone. Real friends would have payed better attention."

Sunny sat down next to Tiffany. Now they both looked miserable and time seemed to stop. They could hear the rest of the girls downstairs joking around like nothing had happened just now, but the two of them felt like life was giving them a hard slap to the face.

They both looked up when they heard moans, painful sounding moans, and their hearts started to sink. They jumped up from the bed and ran to the hall outside of the bathroom where Yuri was hunched over. She looked like she was going to throw up any second and the bottle of laxatives was empty. The bathroom smelled like , to be frank and it was only a matter of time before one of the girls came up to see what was going on. Sunny with great effort picked up Yuri and Tiffany picked up the bottle, closing the door behind Sunny. She rushed over to the empty trash can while Sunny laid Yuri on the bed.

Tiffany managed to get there just in time with the trash can before Yuri was throwing up. Sunny took the bottle from where Tiffany had put it on the ground and threw it out the window.

"Why does the bathroom smell so bad? I have to use that!" Sooyoung ranted as she burst into the room, but she stopped when she saw Yuri curled up onto her side.

"Yuri's sick," Sunny said, rolling her eyes. In this dorm if you wanted any privacy you had to put chains and three locks on the door.

"Aw! I'll get some soup! Don't worry, Yuri, you'll get better!" And with that, Sooyoung was off. The three of them knew that it was only a matter of seconds before the whole group was at Yuri's side trying to nurse her back to health.

"Please. . .keep my secret," Yuri whispered before everything went black.