1/1

The Lives of Tumblr Famous People... Sort Of (OneShot)

Life is sweet for a popular blogger like Hyukjae.

You have fangirls sending you messages all of the time - not that you ever see their faces, just the anonymous icon in their place - and whatever you post gets notes within the first five minutes, even if it’s just an update as to how the pizza you ordered hasn’t arrived yet.

Hyukjae’s blog (cleverly named allrisesilver) contains a lot of miscellaneous, unrelated posts. He mainly blogs videos of him dancing; selcas of him and his dog, Choco; photos of strawberries or strawberry-related foods; One Piece photos; fashion pictures; soccer posts; and the occasional risqué photos that are borderline ography (those are usually when he’s drunk, though, and can’t remember them until he wakes up the next day to messages that can be considered ual harassment).

However, none of those are the reason for his popularity. After all, about 80% of his blog is just reblogs, anyway. And who would possibly care about him and his dog doing whatever they do?

(Well, one person cares...)

Hyukjae gained his popularity partially from his dancing, and partially from a user by the URL of fishylovesmonkey (whose former URL was donghandsome, so this URL is actually the better of the two).

Donghae - the name of the owner - is a very popular blogger. His brother was a popular theme and GIF maker who often reblogged GIFs of Donghae’s dancing. The combination of his skill and good look (mostly the former) made him even more popular than his brother among the females, and soon, he had over five thousand followers in just a week after that GIF set was posted.

(It might have helped that Donghae posts a lot of selcas, and people loved his gorgeous face.)

Along with dance videos, Donghae blogs videos of him singing and ones of him and his friends doing random, pointless things. And, of course, people would immediately reblog and share the love (of his face) to everyone.

Donghae finds out about Hyukjae when one of his friends - a boy named Sungmin whose URL was aegyo-king, which embarrassed even Donghae for having known the boy in high school so well - reblogged a video of him. It was another one of Hyukjae dancing, except this time, a cute dog interrupted him and the male lost his cool expression as soon as the dog entered, his face stretching into a wide grin as he stopped to pick up his pet.

It was adorable, and Donghae found himself fanboying for the first time in his life.

He immediately reblogged the video, adding:

 

OH MY GOSH THIS BOY IS ADORABLE YOU GUYSSSS. LOOK AT THAT GUMMY SMILE. and he’s not a bad dancer either!

 

Of course, he was holding back on his feelings, but that didn’t matter. Followers clicked on the video, and eventually went on to follow Hyukjae.

The next day, Hyukjae logged on to find he had gained five hundred followers and counting. At first, he thought his picture of Choco dressed in a suit must’ve garnered a lot of attention, to which he made a post about.

WOW

I had no idea Choco’s photo would be so popular lol Maybe I should post more photos of him in suits :D

 

Donghae, one of the new followers, rolled his eyes at that. But he didn’t bother commenting on it, because he didn’t want to break the poor boy’s heart. He seemed rather sensitive, based on some of the rather emotional posts he saw from stalking his blog the entire night before.

Besides, the rest of the followers will correct Hyukjae for him. He need not say a word.

That day, Hyukjae did indeed post another photo of him and his dog, and Donghae swore he fell for that boy in that one photo. Hyukjae seemed to have dyed his hair since the last time he took a selca, and now he was a platinum blonde. While most wouldn’t be able to pass of the look - Donghae’s encountered some pretty bad examples - Hyukjae was gorgeous with the new look.

So that day, Donghae posted:

I think I’m in love with a boy who looks kind of like a monkey.
 

And from that day on, Donghae was known as fishylovesmonkey and continued to blog about Hyukjae. Some of his followers even joined in on his love, jokingly naming then EunHae (Eunhyuk is Hyukjae’s stage name in dance competitions) and even going so far as to write fanfics about them (fanfics that Donghae actually enjoyed reading).

And, as odd as it is, Hyukjae still has no idea.

After getting over a hundred messages each day, Hyukjae gave up on reading all of them in a month after his popularity came about. They all were the same to him after all - I love you, marry me, have my babies, etc. Besides, Hyukjae had tags to look through instead.

One day, as he is searching through the dancing videos, though, he stumbles across Donghae’s video.

He watches it because he - like everyone else - is drawn in by the pretty face and broad shoulders. He admit that Donghae’s dancing is nice, though, and even goes onto his blog to look for more.

And that is when he sees it.

EunHae.

At first, he thinks it’s a pairing from some drama or anime, but he can’t find any pictures. What he finds instead are edits of photos of him and the boy named Donghae who owns this blog. He’s incredibly mystified by what is going on, and so he messages Donghae:

Um hi... I like your dancing! You’re really good! But uh what’s EunHae, and why are there photos of me and you on your blog?
 

Hyukjae is surprised when the answer appears on Donghae’s blog in less than five minutes.

HYUKJAE! I’m your biggest fan! I like LOVE your dancing and your face and your everything, and when will you dye your hair back to blonde? EunHae is us two, of course - that’s why we’re on my blog. But omg, I can’t believe you like my dancing. I LOVE YOU.

 

Then the answer is followed with various GIFs of hearts and kisses, and Hyukjae is momentarily freaked out. He tries Googling how to block people on Tumblr, but decides it’s too much work to figure out, so he messages Donghae again.

Oh. That’s er interesting? Thanks? But I have no idea who you are.

 

Hyukjae waits for the answer scrolling down his own dashboard. His friend, Kyuhyun (or gaemgyu on Tumblr), is blogging stupid gaming cheats, but gaining a ton of notes in mere minutes, as always. Sungmin, his dance group mate, is holding a chat with Kyuhyun while simultaneously blogging martial arts videos. Junsu, his best friend, is flirting with his online boyfriend while blogging .

Nothing’s different.

Nothing except for the newfound discovery of his fanboy.

When he checks back to Donghae’s blog, there’s another answer, and Hyukjae sees that Donghae’s last answer has over fifty notes, too.

I message you everyday! D: But I guess it gets lost under all your messages, huh? Same goes with me, so I have my friend filter through my inbox everyday! You should do the same! He’s some old dude with nothing to do with his time anyway, and he doesn’t even know how to work tumblr. He only knows how to delete messages. Do you want me to give you his e-mail?? :D His name is Jungsu, but I call him Leeteuk like everyone else does. You can trust him.


MESSAGE ME BACK IF YOU’RE INTERESTED 8D
 

Donghae becomes increasingly scary to Hyukjae, and they’re only at two messages. Why would Hyukjae entrust his account with some random old guy? He barely even trusts Donghae!

Upon further search through Donghae’s blog, he realizes that Donghae knows Sungmin. Hyukjae immediately opens a new tab to ask Sungmin who Donghae was and if a restraining order is appropriate for the situation.

Sungmin’s reply is:

lol you are weird, Hyukjae. Donghae’s no harm - he’s actually really cute. I went to high school with him. ohhh, wait, you found out about him NOW? he’s been blogging about you for like ever. I think he’s the reason you have so many followers. he’s popular, after all. but yeah, he’s a cool guy.


besides, it’s not like you have many options :P
 

Hyukjae ignores the insult and thinks that if Sungmin thinks Donghae is okay, then maybe he really is. Sungmin is a pretty good judge of character... except for that Kyuhyun, who always seems to tease Hyukjae’s fashion sense and make fun of him whenever he isn’t talking to Sungmin.


He returns to Donghae’s blog, and messages:

Umm that’s okay, I don’t need anyone to do that for me. but I could start checking my messages more if you want. I’m Hyukjae... and you know that. Umm so where do you dance?


Hyukjae’s never felt more awkward talking to someone, but then again, he’s never talked to a (cute) fanboy before either.

While waiting for Donghae’s answer, Hyukjae clicks on a link to something called ‘fanfiction’. He’s heard of it before for One Piece, but he never read any.

Upon reading this one, he decides he doesn’t want to.

“It’s like for your brain!” Hyukjae thinks in both horror and awe. But he doesn’t stick around to read past the first half (reading too much hurts his brain), and besides - it’s awkward reading about yourself doing... those sorts of things with the boy you’re talking to.

When he returns to Donghae's blog, he finds a long response:

Okay, not like Leeteuk minds, I guess. AND YOU'D DO THAT FOR ME?! OH MY GOSH /insert spazzing GIF. ASDFJSHKLASKDL! I'm Donghae, aka fishy in my URL :D I dance in Seoul, but I haven't joined a group yet. I take classes in university.

Hyukjae doesn't know how it happens, but somewhere between talking to Donghae, skimming through the strawberry tag, and ignoring the many new messages in his inbox about EunHae, he plans a lunch date with Donghae.

He really has no idea how it happened, though. He swears he was just asking Donghae what type of food he liked when Donghae replied:

OH MY GOSH IS THIS A LUNCH DATE KASHJSDJKLSAJAKSDSHDKSL GOTTA TELL HEECHUL YES YES YES MEET ME AT THE CAFE OUTSIDE OF THE SM BUILDING TOMORROW AT 2 AND OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS I'VE GOT A DATE WITH HYUKJAE FINALLY

Hyukjae wonders if Donghae was planning this from the beginning based off of that word "finally". Still, he's a bit excited to meet the boy in the videos. And, as much as he hated to admit, Sungmin was right - Hyukjae didn't have many options. Despite his huge band of followers, in real life, he didn't know many people who were mutually interested in him.

So here he is, in front of the cafe he walks by every day, dressed in casually - but not too casually - as he continues to look at the message. He has to admit that he finds Donghae's fanboying cute and endearing, although he can never get over the fact that Donghae reads fanfiction about them together.

He spots Donghae across the street, waving like a maniac with a wide grin on his face. He has his phone out, and Hyukjae suspects he has taken a picture of him. He smiles as Donghae practically skips across the street. Donghae snaps another photo as he does, then runs into Hyukjae, wrapping him in a big hug.

"You're - suffocating - me," Hyukjae breathes, and Donghae pulls back, grinning sheepishly.

"Sorry. You're a lot smaller in real life," he notes, tilting his head to the side adorably.

"I - thanks?"

"I should mention this so that fanfiction writers know," Donghae thinks aloud to himself, and Hyukjae's eyes widen.

"W-Why would they need to know?" he asks, but he already knows.

Donghae just smiles and winks before walking past him and into the cafe.

Hyukjae gulps before following him.

Donghae orders coffee and a muffin, claiming to have eaten before, and Hyukjae order a strawberry smoothie - he claims he's not a coffee person, and he swears Donghae is tweeting about this - and a sandwich. They grab a seat by the window, and Donghae takes another photo as Hyukjae sips on his smoothie.

"Um... so..." Hyukjae starts, becoming uncomfortable with the way Donghae keeps looking at him, grinning, then returning to tapping away on his iPhone.

"You are so cute," Donghae says, smiling brightly, and Hyukjae almost chokes on his sandwich. He's blinded by a flash when Donghae takes a picture of that.

"Why did you just take a picture of me coughing?" he asks, wiping his mouth and trying to keep down the flush threatening his cheeks.

"You're cute," Donghae repeats.

Hyukjae sighs. "Thanks..." He's starting to think maybe this wasn't a good idea after all, because Donghae is kind of creepy, despite how good-looking he is and how well he dances (but really, it's his looks that matter the most).

"Sungmin told me you've never had a boyfriend before," Donghae suddenly brings up, causing Hyukjae to choke once more, but on his smoothie. Thankfully, Donghae doesn't take a picture of this, though.

"I - well - I never met - I don't - yeah..." Hyukjae sighs, hanging his head in shame. It's embarrassing, after all, to admit these sort of things. Hyukjae's almost twenty-one now, and he's never had an actual boyfriend before. Although, in his defense, he discovered his uality in his first year of college with an interesting experience with his often-shirtless roommate. Unfortunately, said roommate was not gay at all, and even offered a Bible in reconciliation after he told Hyukjae that.

After that embarrassing experience, Hyukjae was too scared to try flirting. After all, Siwon (said roommate) was really touchy-feely with males, so if he could be straight after all of that, Hyukjae isn't sure who to consider gay.

"That's okay," Donghae replies with a grin. "I can teach you everything."

Donghae is honestly going to be the cause of Hyukjae's premature death as the older almost bites down on his finger as he eats his sandwich.

"What -"

"I should also tell the fanfiction writers about that," he muses. "This will probably throw them off, but they love us, so they wouldn't mind the change. And maybe later on, they could spice it up, and we both could top."

Hyukjae would have collapsed had he not already been sitting.

"So!" Donghae suddenly exclaims, causing Hyukjae to jump in his seat. "Maybe you could show me your dance studio? Since we both have nothing to do and all."

"I never said that," Hyukjae says.

"Yeah, but I kind of assumed so, since you're always on Tumblr during this time on Saturdays," Donghae says with a laugh, and Hyukjae wonders if he should join in, despite the creepiness factor. He decides against it.

"Um, I guess I can," Hyukjae finally agrees, and he wonders why he even let those words fall from his lips. He watches as Donghae's face lights up, though, and how handsome he looks when he seems sane, and thinks that he knows exactly why he's letting himself be dragged around by Donghae.

"Awesome!" Donghae practically squeals, and then stands up to make his way beside Hyukjae. It startles the older when he feels a cheek pressed against his, and then another flash. "Our first selca!" he says proudly, looking at it.

"I -"

There's another flash, and this time, there are lips against his cheek, followed by a deep blush. "And our second!" Donghae says with a smile, looking at it. "I'll save this one for myself, though."

Perhaps for others, this would be normal, but Hyukjae surprises even himself when he finds the quote endearing. It's as if Donghae is saying this means a lot to him, so much that he won't even share it with his followers. It's something he holds close to his heart.

He looks over at Donghae, who is grinning from ear to ear at Hyukjae, and he returns the smile with his own gummy one. When Donghae offers to throw away their trash before they leave, Hyukjae checks his tumblr and sees Donghae's latest post:

Going to Hyukkie's dance studio!! Oh my gosh a live performance of Hyukjae. Live!! AND UP CLOSE!

And who knows? Maybe even closer later tonight ;)

Hyukjae gulps.






 

----------


a/n: I am so sorry, Lucy. I tried SO many ideas, and I settled for this random, stupid one, and oh my gosh Hyukjae is a blogger on Tumblr, you guys. What have I done. And I’m late! It’s because I started the entire story over so it was more crack-ish and yeah. I’m late T.T But only by an hour-ish? /sobs.

allrisesilver IS a tumblr, but it's definitely not associated with this story LOL and then fishylovesmonkey is also a tumblr, but it's not a working one because I decided to hoard the URL for the fun of it. it's never going to be used, though. I just did that for the fun of it.

I think Donghae makes sense as the more popular one LOL because the boy is popular on Twitter. That, and he seems to have time to look online for ridiculous photos of him and his husband, so yeah. He should be considered the more Internet-savvy one for that reason?

This was kind of weird. Wait, scratch that. This was very weird, and I'm not very funny. I shouldn't be allowed to write crack o.o" But I couldn't write angst as a birthday gift OTL and fluff was not working out for me anymore.

Thank you for reading ^^ Hope you enjoyed it (especially you, Lucy)!